• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 501 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Will Carter said:
But why take the risk of him actually signing in for LBL (which i believe he did) - more chance of a test, surely?

If he was too sick to race why bother having him actually sign in for LBL (which it seems he did) and waste resources getting him to the race and taking the place of a rider who may have actually started, let alone finished?

42x16ss said:
If he was too sick to race why bother having him actually sign in for LBL (which it seems he did) and waste resources getting him to the race and taking the place of a rider who may have actually started, let alone finished?

I'm fishing as much as the next person just watching the WT. My guess is he had some kind of contractual obligation to "start." He "starts" then doesn't ride.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Hmmm GTs and their testing start 1-3 days before the actual start. It's noted as IC testing, but called pre-competition testing, vs OOC, despite occurring before the actual race.

It would be handy to know if it applies to these mini tours as well.

If so, Froome should have been tested before the 29th as part of the pre-comp testing.

And probably tested mid-race at some point as he mops the floor with all and sundry.

The TUE potentially covers any weirdness post 29th March, but if there was a test 26-28th, then any weird readings, etc, should be possible to be picked up.

Any ideas on when this pre-comp occurs and if it did for the Dauphine?

Alittle off topic here but Regardless of Juicing etc when it comes to race tactics and craft, Alberto is night and day above Froome and Sky. He knows exactly how to read a race and what to do when. He always has had this when racing. Adding to his incredible form right now and Sky, particularly Froome I believe are in huge **** come Tour time. They have always ridden to 1 plan the last 2 years ie: Sky Train and then Froome would go in last 1km or so. Now that does not work with AC who is there at the last 1km and can still attack or blows that plan apart by going early when `Sky have tried to ride him off and themselves into the ground like yesterdays stage.

Couple that with Mick Rogers as road captain and the rest of the DS who are tactically better than Sky DS and its going to take a massive effort from Sky this Tour.

My 2c

Dear Wiggo said:
Hmmm GTs and their testing start 1-3 days before the actual start. It's noted as IC testing, but called pre-competition testing, vs OOC, despite occurring before the actual race.

It would be handy to know if it applies to these mini tours as well.

If so, Froome should have been tested before the 29th as part of the pre-comp testing.

And probably tested mid-race at some point as he mops the floor with all and sundry.

The TUE potentially covers any weirdness post 29th March, but if there was a test 26-28th, then any weird readings, etc, should be possible to be picked up.

Any ideas on when this pre-comp occurs and if it did for the Dauphine?

My guess is that only happens before GTs.

No_Balls said:
Not so sure about that. To me it is very clear that this man has a very fragile ego. What we see is what we get.

MBotero said:
I don't know,i'm seeing him more as an Armstrong kind of guy,but will see more in the future.

I agree with No_Balls Froome has a fragile ego and its clear with the Wiggins issues he has and seems insecure in a few ways. But a far cry from Armstrong mentally. Prove me wrong but thats what I see for now.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
backing-brad.jpg

Yes! Bring back Brad!

This is so cool ::D

Would love to see Wiggins support Froome at The Tour (unlikely to happen either way, I know). But imagine a team with Porte, Henao, Kennaugh, Nieve, Lopez, Wiggins, Thomas, Kyrienka, Froome... nobody, including AC, could attack this.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
This is so cool ::D

Would love to see Wiggins support Froome at The Tour (unlikely to happen either way, I know). But imagine a team with Porte, Henao, Kennaugh, Nieve, Lopez, Wiggins, Thomas, Kyrienka, Froome... nobody, including AC, could attack this.

The glow off that team could be seen from the moon...

Froome and Wiggins act would add serious spice to the Tour. If Wiggins won the tour de Suisse that would heap a bit of pressure.

the sceptic said:
TzDU0hM.png

Wonder what the good doctor would recommend.. 2-3% sounds unhealthy

2-3% is right at the bottom range of "essential fat" for a male.

Yeah thats unhealthy and would unsustainable for any extended period of time.

I was struck on Saturday just how skeletal Froome looks compared to AC. The TV pictures were very vivid when you look at their respective arms.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
2-3% is right at the bottom range of "essential fat" for a male.

Yeah thats unhealthy and would unsustainable for any extended period of time.

I was struck on Saturday just how skeletal Froome looks compared to AC. The TV pictures were very vivid when you look at their respective arms.

and he still wants to loose a kilo.
don't know why vaughters can only think of o2 vector doping wrt froome. it looks like weightlosing drugs are involved as well.
gw1516? aicar?or a combo?
when GW1516 is combined with another “fitness in a pill” compound, AICAR, it can create endurance benefits far greater than either compound in isolation.
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/04/the-new-epo-gw1516-aicar-and-their-use-in-cycling/

TRENDING THREADS