• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 500 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Cound is saying there is nothing to worry about because he was very 'sore' this morning after the crash. Looking on the bright side and saying he won the points jersey so Cav and Sagan better look out. In a word, she's a moron.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Well I'm not a doctor, so I can't say with absolute authority where Chris Froome's brain is located, but I'll take a chance in saying that it probably won't be found within the "red zones" as depicted here.

e66502d4-9de7-4585-896f-5131568cdd1f-460x276.jpeg

Perhaps it was a bit more "physical."

<Insert "alien" joke as seems fit>

Still hurting today when he attacked on the flat I suppose.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Sounds to me he was glowing at LBL and they pulled him. Unbeknownst he was still radioactive by Romandie so they rushed through a TUE.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1492649&postcount=158

They knew he was still glowing like a Tennerife sunset, but they wanted him to race.

red_flanders said:
Probably. Look, the UCI don't even need to be complicit for this to work. Sky figure out Froome is glowing. They apply for the rush TUE. If they get it, he rides. If not, he's still "suffering from the flu" and is scrubbed. UCI guaranteed to come out and say it's all above board, which it is, technically.

None of it however, explains why a rider with such an "acute" respiratory issue is riding, let along smashing the field.

red_flanders said:
Who knows. Would guess the former. Knowing what you could be popped for ahead of time? Quite the marginal gain.

GreasyMonkey said:
I doubt that it was to cover a specific drug/combo, but if you put such a huge spike in any sample result, whatever they might find in small dosages would become simple noise in the background against the prednisone.

Testers would see that he had a TUE for it, and probably went no further.

Same as the age-old trick of if you want to hide something, put something bigger that would be of interest to the searching party, in plain view.

thehog said:
I would say the look on his face today was like a kid caught with hand in the cookie jar. He's looked awfully sheepish.

Not sure I saw the same thing. To me, he looked exhausted. It was the same during stage 2 (facial expression at the finish). He seems to lack the ability to recover. Either he is just coming off a hard training block and is worn out or he hasn't been in he cookie jar lately. With Edgar in your system, you do not ride like that.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The 2nd day of this race was tough to watch, because the racing just didn't seem realistic. How can one man chase every attack down, make his own multiple elongated attacks, and eventually out sprint a rival he's just pulled up the hill?

Taken on its own though, I don't think necessarily smacks of doping, if it's a one off. We don't see that more often in a stage race, purely because it's dumb tactics. It should be possible to ride like that... but not day after day. Later in the race you should suffer for your efforts. Froome ultimately finished outside the top ten, albeit the waters are muddied by his crash and any impact on performance that may have had.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Walkman said:
Geez.

What do you base that on?

"Mentally broken"? Have you ever competed in anything? Being tired and bonking does not equal mentally weak.

Being mentally weak is not the same as being mentally broken after several accusations and scandals. Would not happen for most people.

If he heard about the TUE scandal just before the final stage, I think it could have a big impact on his overall perfomance.

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
His face just said "I'm a hoax, and everybody knows I'm a hoax"
I really think he was embarrassed. Like "****, my programme is just getting silly and I can't compete unless totally juiced otherwise it's just unbearable".

And Wiggins taking the ****.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:
Is Froome's Tour in danger yet? He seems to be a mentally broken man right now.

Don't worry if it doesn't happen something unusual till the start,i'm convinced Froome will fly in july. No way this guy is mentally broken ,he doesn't have Wiggo personality.

Will Carter

BANNED
May 14, 2014
Visit site
thehog said:
Sounds to me he was glowing at LBL and they pulled him. Unbeknownst he was still radioactive by Romandie so they rushed through a TUE.

But why take the risk of him actually signing in for LBL (which i believe he did) - more chance of a test, surely?

TRENDING THREADS