• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 509 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the sceptic said:
Good question. I do wonder what Froome has in store for the tour. Im sure it will be hillarious and cause the forum to melt down. Cant wait!

No need to wait!!!

Chris Froome's secret battle: Eight doctors, six clinics, four countries and five different illnesses...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...tains-Tour-France-champion.html#ixzz364cXlew2

I will give someone credit for doing the "against impossible odds, cyclist dominates biggest race" in a slightly different way than Armstrong.

We all know what follows this article, the special physical properties of Froome Dog that make him the champion he suddenly became.

Comedy GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

thehog said:
The reference to the "wiggins no food" seven hour ride, seated Froome accelerations, Richie and Dawg turning off the power meters is all Sky.

Only the 2am ride was the twist for extra spice... :)

The bolded is the only thing that could be officially Sky;) Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can't wait for all those sit down attacks. Just picture it (without laughing out loud). Froome goes, sitting down, Bertie counters sitting down (cos he now knows out of the saddle is just a drag - thanks Chris/Sky), behind Nibs sits tight and gets back on. Flippant, I know, but really, what else can you seriously take from this drivel from Froome.

As Froome continues his climb of dominance it appears that ms Cound is tightening her grip on the persona of the duo. ..almost like a mind-meld they are becoming one 'unit'.

What began as an amusing 'fiancee & hubby-to-be sideshow' has slowly been turning into a bizarre juggernaut of drama.

The story is unraveling..
The Tour could be a lot of fun to watch..

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
As Froome continues his climb of dominance it appears that ms Cound is tightening her grip on the persona of the duo. ..almost like a mind-meld they are becoming one 'unit'.

What began as an amusing 'fiancee & hubby-to-be sideshow' has slowly been turning into a bizarre juggernaut of drama.

Fingers crossed for Badzhilla's Bridezilla to do a Willy Voet/Edita Rumsas style appearance with the French police at some point in July :p

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to post this once again. I haven't read the Kimmage piece but apparently Froome says in there somewhere, that he does specific wind-tunnel training for the high cadence attacks.

Can anyone confirm if anything like that is being said in the interview ?

Go in 2:45 in this video interview with Froome where he states on camera that he haven't done any specific training for that attacking-method. I know it's from last year and there might be a change in his training-program of course, but I still find it strange that the stories contradict all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay48ZWkoeHU

And then Kerrison in another interviews, also around a year ago, states the opposite and claims his intervel training to be the key. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jul/15/team-sky-chris-froome-tour-de-france

mewmewmew13 said:

Indeed, the Dawg and Coundawg's desire for attention is already coming back and bite them in the ar$e.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The parallels with Armstrong are staggering. In the end he was only brought down because he couldn't bear to keep his mouth shut to the press. He craved attention and in the end it was that attention that brought the investigation and his downfall.

With Froome it is is the same, except the attention seeking behaviour is being driven by his car crash of a fiancée. Contrast with Contador who knows when to keep his mouth shut.

Danielovich said:
I have to post this once again. I haven't read the Kimmage piece but apparently Froome says in there somewhere, that he does specific wind-tunnel training for the high cadence attacks.

Go in 2:45 in this video interview with Froome where he states on camera that he haven't done any specific training for that attacking-method. I know it's from last year and there might be a change in his training-program of course, but I still find it strange that the stories contradict all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay48ZWkoeHU

And then Kerrison in another interviews, also around a year ago, states the opposite and claims his intervel training to be the key. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jul/15/team-sky-chris-froome-tour-de-france

Good spot and yes it's truly bizarre. He sounds reasonably convincing as well. There would be no great secret in saying you train with high cadence so not sure why he keeps changing the story on that attack.

But it does show they are lying about something. Trying to downplay it. Now with Kimmage they positioning it as "preplanned". Which to me suggests Cound/Froome had agreed on a "set responses" for Kimmage. Which is why he deferred to her on occasions when he couldn't remember what to say.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Good spot and yes it's truly bizarre. He sounds reasonably convincing as well. There would be no great secret in saying you train with high cadence so not sure why he keeps changing the story on that attack.

But it does show they are lying about something. Trying to downplay it. Now with Kimmage they positioning it as "preplanned". Which to me suggests Cound/Froome had agreed on a "set responses" for Kimmage. Which is why he deferred to her on occasions when he couldn't remember what to say.

Wasnt the attack also mentioned in the book as a "mistake" due to being in the wrong gear?

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:

Can they get a TUE for anti psychotic meds?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Ah yes!

Another lie. Need a whiteboard to map all of these out and keep track.
counting the lies. good luck with that!
1. bilharzia related lies
1a... (e.g. discovered by Chung vs. discoverd by UCI)
1b...
1c...
2. asthma-related lies
2a...(e.g. since childhood vs. since teenager)
2b...
2c...
3. marginal gains related lies
3a. (e.g. special training for in-saddle attacks vs. no special training)
3b.
3c.
4. TUE-related
5. ...

this clearly is nowhere near exhaustive (i haven't really been keeping track).
and this would just be froome.
an overview of all sky-related lies/contradictions now that would be impressive and you'd need more than a whiteboard.

sniper said:
counting the lies. good luck with that!
1. bilharzia related lies
1a... (e.g. discovered by Chung vs. discoverd by UCI)
1b...
1c...
2. asthma-related lies
2a...(e.g. since childhood vs. since teenager)
2b...
2c...
3. marginal gains related lies
3a. (e.g. special training for in-saddle attacks vs. no special training)
3b.
3c.
4. TUE-related
5. ...

this clearly is nowhere near exhaustive (i haven't really been keeping track).
and this would just be froome.
an overview of all sky-related lies/contradictions now that would be impressive and you'd need more than a whiteboard.

Makes you appreciate how good Armstrong was in keeping his bullsh1t straight. These guys need Yates back to get their performances/training stories to sound somewhat legitimate.

They're all over the place. Doesn't help that Brailsford and Froome are not in sync. And that Cound is the "voice".

thehog said:
Makes you appreciate how good Armstrong was in keeping his bullsh1t straight. These guys need Yates back to get their performances/training stories to sound somewhat legitimate.

They're all over the place. Doesn't help that Brailsford and Froome are not in sync. And that Cound is the "voice".

Cound has effectively asked Braisford to stay in the car and keep the aircon running while the grown ups takes care of business.

Dazed and Confused said:
Cound has effectively asked Braisford to stay in the car and keep the aircon running while the grown ups takes care of business.

...and to think they thought Wiggins was hard work!

I just hope Richie makes his bed every morning & keeps the room clean. Otherwise he could get into trouble! ;)

Danielovich said:

My recollection of book posts on the topic are summarized as "I was in the wrong gear and just went with it."[EDIT] Sceptic beat me to it.

Wind tunnel analysis for climbing. Uh huh. It all makes perfect sense.

And yes, I understand the logarythmic (sp!!!!) properties of air resistance. Physics gets in the way of another ridiculous story.

Oh look. Another froome superstory.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/cycling/chris-froome-tackle-tour-de-3790399
Chris Froome to tackle Tour de France doping slurs head on - just like he handled bandits

Reigning champ was on a solo training ride in South Africa when outlaws formed a human chain to block the road... so he CHARGED at them!

Oh and once again absolutely no one around to verify it actually happened. Why do all those cool stories that no one can verify happen to froome?

Good thing he's got a good enough memory to remember it. He's had.more cool experiences in the last 20 years than most people could in 10 lifetimes.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
My recollection of book posts on the topic are summarized as "I was in the wrong gear and just went with it."[EDIT] Sceptic beat me to it.

Wind tunnel analysis for climbing. Uh huh. It all makes perfect sense.

And yes, I understand the logarythmic (sp!!!!) properties of air resistance. Physics gets in the way of another ridiculous story.

Air resistance is more important for seated attacks on mont ventoux than olympic time trials.. who knew??

May 26, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Oh look. Another froome superstory.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/cycling/chris-froome-tackle-tour-de-3790399

Oh and once again absolutely no one around to verify it actually happened. Why do all those cool stories that no one can verify happen to froome?

Good thing he's got a good enough memory to remember it. He's had.more cool experiences in the last 20 years than most people could in 10 lifetimes.

I heard it was an elite military division armed with all the latest weapons.

TRENDING THREADS