• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 511 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
I like this photo. It's striking. Everyone is putting in an effort, but doing so whilst holding good form.

Except the Dawg, who looks worse than a Cat 3 rider.

What's going on there? :confused:

2niwht5.jpg

Sure looks like a man working with swimming scientists. The "octopus grip" adds a couple of watts i'll tell you.

Paolini cool as a cucumber :cool:

My guess about Froome's arm positioning is that he's trying to keep his shoulder blades separated (you can do this by pushing your shoulders forward in their sockets), because someone told him it would help him breathe more deeply.

proffate said:
Paolini cool as a cucumber :cool:

My guess about Froome's arm positioning is that he's trying to keep his shoulder blades separated (you can do this by pushing your shoulders forward in their sockets), because someone told him it would help him breathe more deeply.

Not even sure if that's plausible. If your bars are the correct width that won't be an issue anyway.

That photo Thehog posted is like night and day, the difference between AC and Froome's styles is ridiculous. Froome pedals with all the grace and poise of the overweight, inexperienced, cashed up middle age mining execs that try and wipe out everything that moves on the shared paths here.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
2-3% for Froome and 4-5% for Contador according to Il Dottore :)

I watched the Armstrong documentary 'Stop at Nothing' the other night on UK tv. There was clips of Hincapie, Hamilton and Andreu shirtless in the Tour I think it was 99 or maybe 2000. Hamilton/Hincapie in particular had very very low bf%, sometimes posters on here think that the low bf% is a new thing. Hincapie looked like a head on a stick and Hamilton had no arm musculature at all. Andreu was extremely lean too.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
SundayRider said:
I watched the Armstrong documentary 'Stop at Nothing' the other night on UK tv. There was clips of Hincapie, Hamilton and Andreu shirtless in the Tour I think it was 99 or maybe 2000. Hamilton/Hincapie in particular had very very low bf%, sometimes posters on here think that the low bf% is a new thing. Hincapie looked like a head on a stick and Hamilton had no arm musculature at all. Andreu was extremely lean too.

Yeah not much padding for a crash either..... All it takes is one little fall and no extra muscle or fat to help absorb that energy.

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It could actually be a big thing. To win a Tour, everything has to go right for you. Froome's had two falls in the past couple of months now. Physically hurts, and impacts psychologically.

hmpower said:
Perhaps Motorman will do a special delivery tonight.

I'm not sure he'll even get to week 2. Fell on same side as the Dauphine. His wrist is bung. He is a very frail.

If you look at the way Saxo have ridden on the flat stages. Always kept Contador up front. The Dawg has been up and down all through the early stages.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
I'm not sure he'll even get to week 2. Fell on same side as the Dauphine. His wrist is bung. He is a very frail.

If you look at the way Saxo have ridden on the flat stages. Always kept Contador up front. The Dawg has been up and down all through the early stages.

I don't know why the peloton don't just get out of his way and let him ride at the front. ;)