• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 524 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site

training with Levi

Dear Wiggo said:
Born in South Africa.
Resides in Monaco.
British citizenship.
Crashes in France.

Recovers in America.

Wait, what!?

With fractured wrist(s)?? I don't know how long recovery would take, so maybe 2 weeks is enough?

Someone please explain how this works. A lightbulb over Froome's head is lit somewhere in Europe and he's off to Nor Cal. WTF is Levi selling?

Another story that makes no sense. Again.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
All depends upon which bone he broke.
Many of the carpals only have a single blood supply, ie only one nutrient foramen. So if there is a decent fracture it can require surgery otherwise half of the bone will die off, leaving you with a dysfunctional wrist forever.

Surgery and avascular necrosis aside, yes; carpals do take a long time to heal.

At the time I thought Froome seemed to be dropping out pretty easily.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Brooks Fahey Baldwin said:
All depends upon which bone he broke.
Many of the carpals only have a single blood supply, ie only one nutrient foramen. So if there is a decent fracture it can require surgery otherwise half of the bone will die off, leaving you with a dysfunctional wrist forever.

Surgery and avascular necrosis aside, yes; carpals do take a long time to heal.

At the time I thought Froome seemed to be dropping out pretty easily.

Agree, undoubtedly small bone fx. The fact they didn't appear on initial x-ray but only on MRI confirms. Unlikely to be scaphoid as he is not cast and bracing not significant, possibly lunate in which case the risk of avascular necrosis is high with incorrect healing.

However it would still be possible to ride, I know as I have done with a similar condition in the past, but not over the cobbles!

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
With fractured wrist(s)?? I don't know how long recovery would take, so maybe 2 weeks is enough?

Someone please explain how this works. A lightbulb over Froome's head is lit somewhere in Europe and he's off to Nor Cal. WTF is Levi selling?

Another story that makes no sense. Again.

My experience, my wrist was in a cast for eight weeks, at the end of which I'd lost a lot of grip strength. I'd fractured my scaphoid. Concidentally two work colleagues have recently fractured their wrists. One had hers in a sling for two weeks to get the thumb in the right position, then a cast was put on. The other colleague has a bone wasting problem and they've pinned her wrist bones immediately. But it obviously depends on what is broken, whether there are complications, and the standard of medical care.

I have a broken wrist at the moment, its only a small break thankfully and I have a similar lightweight cast on as the Dawg at the moment :eek:

Docs said he wants to see me in 4 weeks (that was last week) and he said he should see improvements by then. But no riding at all I can do light turbo work at the end of this week if the swelling is down.

But lets forget about this. Once again Sky score an own goal. The Dawg hanging out with an ex doper again!

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Last time I done my wrist playing 5 a side took about 14 days. Strapped up on one of those neoprene things. No idea where it was broken exactly, one of those dull ache cracks when I put pressure on it.

A bit hard not to ride with ex-dopers though still, not as if they're riding a tandem while Levi holds his BB for him.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Gavandope said:
A bit hard not to ride with ex-dopers though still, not as if they're riding a tandem while Levi holds his BB for him.

Talansky was riding with Levi. When I mentioned it, very similar response - no other riders can keep up with Talansky.

Thing is they're part of a team of riders all allegedly clean, and yet they're in the US by themselves? Or with part of the team but training with dopeheimer?

Were they mates previously? What's the relationship?

ETA: You can't tell someone, "You're not allowed to ride with X". And JV is pretty much Leipheimer but a team manager, so saying they can't ride with Leipheimer because he's an ex-doper (which is basically what I am suggesting) is silly. It just feels funny. That's it.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Good point. Walsh triumphantly announced that tearing pictures of a former doper out of a book when everyone knew he was watching was proof of sky being clean. But riding with them means nothing :eek::rolleyes:

I don't think Chris fully understood that Levi had doped.

MartinGT said:
I have a broken wrist at the moment, its only a small break thankfully and I have a similar lightweight cast on as the Dawg at the moment :eek:

Docs said he wants to see me in 4 weeks (that was last week) and he said he should see improvements by then. But no riding at all I can do light turbo work at the end of this week if the swelling is down.

But lets forget about this. Once again Sky score an own goal. The Dawg hanging out with an ex doper again!

The Dawg hanging out with an ex doper again!

Do you have proof of this?