• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 523 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What does Sean think ?

Sean-Yates_0205.jpg

Froomeys out !!

TDF had a "my first race" feature where each rider talked about their first bike race.

Froome said his first race was when he was 14 or 15 in Nairobi. Given Froome's tendency to just make these things up on the spot, I'm wondering if he talks about that in his autobio.

I do vaguely recall Froome fans defending him by saying he started cycling really late.

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
The Hitch said:
TDF had a "my first race" feature where each rider talked about their first bike race.

Froome said his first race was when he was 14 or 15 in Nairobi. Given Froome's tendency to just make these things up on the spot, I'm wondering if he talks about that in his autobio.

I do vaguely recall Froome fans defending him by saying he started cycling really late.

Yeah sounded like a bs story to me too...Andy's story was very nice though

Weight

How nice to see Contador and Nibali at a healthy weight.

Yeh of course they are doped up but at least we dont have to look at an Anorexic Chris Froome continually in our faces...portraying an unhealthy definition of a sports professional.

Cycle Chic said:
How nice to see Contador and Nibali at a healthy weight.

Yeh of course they are doped up but at least we dont have to look at an Anorexic Chris Froome continually in our faces...portraying an unhealthy definition of a sports professional.

I don't think Contador's fat % is a whole lot higher than Froome's. A bit, yes, but still not what I'd call healthy. He has veins bulging all over his body too.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
There was some info from Polish journalist after interview with Kwiato and Bodnar from OPQS yesterday-the called Froome "laboratory cyclist". However it sounds ;) they meant his awful technique, needing good weather, only concerned about his megawatts.