• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 521 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Neuanfang alright!

or more to the point we just need to move on and pretend there was never a Dawg.

Why Brailsford let it get this far is beyond me. A Wiggins/Porte/Thomas Sky would be appealing to all. A Dawg lead Sky was just absurd and everyone could see it. Even Skyfans could see it.

Looks like things are good at the sky bus.

“Richie has been given an opportunity that he has wanted for a long time,” Brailsford told CyclingTips at the start of stage seven in Épernay. “He is very, very excited about it, as is Geraint. I think there is a real good morale in the camp and a real sense of opportunity and excitement.”

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/07/brailsford-says-porte-and-team-sky-ready-to-grab-opportunities/

the sceptic said:

Its like a party when you're 16. Mum and Dad finally leave the room and everyone can start acting normal! It must be hard for all those guys riding for a mutant knowing that you're more talented that the guy who's winning the race.

British cycling doesn't need Froome. They have got the Yates brothers, Dowsett, Thomas, father figure Wiggins. Its in a good state.

Brailsford about Froomes state of mind:

“I think he is disappointed, obviously,” he continued, speaking about Froome’s state of mind. “But dealing with setbacks is part of sport. He has just got to be able to get on with it. That is part of life and that game; you try to recalibrate, you put it behind you and you go again.”

Sounds like that special someone didnt care too much about Dawgs feelings :rolleyes:

The slip out from the backdoor-theory seems very plausible. Oh, well, trash-talk your manager and manager take his hands from you.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
No_Balls said:
Brailsford about Froomes state of mind:

Sounds like that special someone didnt care to much about Dawgs feelings :rolleyes:

The slip out from the backdoor-theory seems very plausible. Oh, well, trash-talk your manager and manager take his hands from you.

The book and the Kimmage interview was awful PR. Why not just stick to the Walsh fairytales?

Brailsford must have been furious when he saw what was in that book.

zalacain said:
Strikes me that Geraint should be a protected rider with a team other than Sky

G is the perfect guy to have as your British rider. Has the right looks, speaks well, toils like a old Navy Veteran but has the cunning of a Mi6 spy in Russia.

He doesn't even need to win and he'd be more loved than Froome. Having Thomas getting top 5's in the classics and almost a podium at the Tour would be £20m in revenues to the sponsor.

Get him on the back of cereal boxes and job done.

Dear Wiggo said:
So you think the team leader sending his rider back for food is tactical genius.

Gotcha.

Cool.

Interesting opinion.

I'll have to agree to disagree. Hope that doesn't offend you?

Of course it doesn't offend me. I don't think we will ever agree on this point.

But full credit to you for your last gasp straw man argument. How about YOU highlight where I called Froome a 'tactical genius'. Good luck with that, friend. And by erecting this falsity, you neglect to address the point about Wiggins on Angliru.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
my guess is she is busy flogging Froome to other teams......

I just find all of the timing interesting.

Bad Dauphine, falling and damaged.

MC drops off of Twitter

Bad start to Tour, as has been said, looking like the kid in the Principal's office, out of the Tour ....

It feels like a storm was coming and they had warning of it. Shut up, keep our heads down and let this year go by.

Next year, new team and we'll be on top again ......

Maybe he can ride Andy's bike next year.

purcell said:
I just find all of the timing interesting.

Bad Dauphine, falling and damaged.

MC drops off of Twitter

Bad start to Tour, as has been said, looking like the kid in the Principal's office, out of the Tour ....

It feels like a storm was coming and they had warning of it. Shut up, keep our heads down and let this year go by.

Next year, new team and we'll be on top again ......

Maybe he can ride Andy's bike next year.

I'm not sure any other team would want him. He's doesn't bring a lot to the table apart from a lot of suspicion and questions.

You think Garmin would hire him? Not a chance.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
I'm not sure any other team would want him. He's doesn't bring a lot to the table apart from a lot of suspicion and questions.

I don't think he is attractive goods at all, just wondering if this is the mindset of TeamCound.

If he is done, and I doubt he is, I will not mourn his passing.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

He would be perfect for garmin.

A team full of known dopers! Froome fits right in.

JV with his MBA and twitter prose will be able to deal with a few cycling hacks :rolleyes:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Froome started in a cycling backwater with little to no support whereas Bertie and Nibs started in cycling powerhouses in a period when doping was the norm.

It's perfectly possible that crap Froome was clean Froome and his transformation is down to getting on a program or a better one. It's also perfectly possible Bertie and Nibs have been on high quality programs since they were juniors and we have no idea what their clean performances would be like.

People seem to want a new scapegoat, Froome is a great target because he seems to be a *** like LA and has made a huge step up, to allow them to ignore riders they like or at least not discuss it. To assume he is doing anything different to guys whose teams, managers and themselves have been ingrained in doping for several decades just seems wrong.

1+ ... and nobody (other than me & then some) mentions that sugar daddy Horner is in at least the same suspect range* (riding with highest power output half dead on one leg).
But he doesn´t get flak because his style is sooo cute...

* For me he is wayyy more suspect which I reasoned many times.

Benotti69 said:

JV with his MBA and twitter prose will be able to deal with a few cycling hacks :rolleyes:

He could patent Froome's 'coughing' and sell it. And just pump statements about 'crazy adaptive physiology'.

In all seriousness Garmin would never hire Froome. They just don't need him.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
He could patent Froome's 'coughing' and sell it. And just pump statements about 'crazy adaptive physiology'.

In all seriousness Garmin would never hire Froome. They just don't need him.

But it would be amazing comedy if Froome rides for garmin, and is a shadow of his doped up self.

"JV your tour captain is struggling to make the time limit, what is going on?"

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

:confused:

Why not Lampre. A much better fit.... In clinic thoughts he would be the perfect successor for Horner.

the sceptic said:
But it would be amazing comedy if Froome rides for garmin, and is a shadow of his doped up self.

"JV your tour captain is struggling to make the time limit, what is going on?"

And herein is the risk to hire Dawg. Garmin would possibly end up with a Anatomic Jock Race-Froome with twice the salary and triple the questions/suspicions.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
No_Balls said:
And herein is the risk to hire Dawg. Garmin would possibly end up with a Anatomic Jock Race-Froome with twice the salary and triple the questions/suspicions.

Somehow I can't see Dawg dropping back to the gruppetto, just can't see it.