• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 522 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'am not really surprised by his teams actions/statements the recent days..
He provided what they wanted last year, and that is that..
He was only a pawn in a bigger game, and he failed to realise that..

They might "officially" give him a last chance in the Vuelta, but he will be wearing a muzzle by that time if he ever gets to start which i seriously doubt, but it will be too much a stir to give him the kick now.

They had to hold on to Wiggins for PR reasons, but the same rule does not apply for Fromme as he failed to be popular in the eye of the British..

I think Froome is done for it..
Can't really see which team would be bold enough to haul him in..
(but someone probaby will, and then it will be Andy-time all over again)

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Justico said:
what ?!?

the gracious exit theidiot theory doesn't stand up?

who would have thought ....

Point beeing??

Last couple of days has shown some interesting things about SKY..

-DS talking about the time after Froome
-Luitenant talking of own ambitions before the cobbles stage
-Team letting an injured Froome start on stage 5 pobably with knowledge of what could happen
-Team giving luitenant the best helpers leaving Froome to himself
-Team highlighting luitenants training results as the best on the team
and so on, and so on..

Almost any theory about Froome/SKY has been surpassed by actual events and statements from him/cound/team.....

mrhender said:
i'am not really surprised by his teams actions/statements the recent days..
He provided what they wanted last year, and that is that..
He was only a pawn in a bigger game, and he failed to realise that..

They might "officially" give him a last chance in the vuelta, but he will be wearing a muzzle by that time if he ever gets to start which i seriously doubt, but it will be too much a stir to give him the kick now.

They had to hold on to wiggins for pr reasons, but the same rule does not apply for fromme as he failed to be popular in the eye of the british..

I think froome is done for it..
Can't really see which team would be bold enough to haul him in..
(but someone probaby will, and then it will be andy-time all over again)

..roflmao..

SundayRider said:
Somehow I can't see Dawg dropping back to the gruppetto, just can't see it.

Why not? That's exactly what he did in North America after last year's TdF. Somehow, that power that was there for months on end evaporated. If he's off the PED's like a Schleck, then we'll get some excuses. That's got to be a pretty bitter experience going from domination to average or less.

It will be very interesting to see how things work out for the Vuelta and even the WC for The Dawg and Sky.

DirtyWorks said:
Why not? That's exactly what he did in North America after last year's TdF. Somehow, that power that was there for months on end evaporated. If he's off the PED's like a Schleck, then we'll get some excuses. That's got to be a pretty bitter experience going from domination to average or less.

It will be very interesting to see how things work out for the Vuelta and even the WC for The Dawg and Sky.

He'll get to sort out things with Henderson.

The Dawg was foolish. Brailsford had sorted the UCI protection and then Froome went off and started criticizing the UCI!

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:

Schleck has major injuries as good 'excuses'. If Froome is injury free , I just can't see him starting a Grand Tour and just to finishing 55th or whatever and not finishing with the main group on mountain stages, outside top 20 in TTs etc.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
SundayRider said:
Schleck has major injuries as good 'excuses'. If Froome is injury free , I just can't see him starting a Grand Tour and just to finishing 55th or whatever and not finishing with the main group on mountain stages, outside top 20 in TTs etc.

Why not? Cobo did it, Cunego too, Horner did it the first 105 years of his career... there is a ton of more examples

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Why not? Cobo did it, Cunego too, Horner did it the first 105 years of his career... there is a ton of more examples

True, but I think they are a little different to Froome. He won the most prestigious GT, destroying the field in the process and was completely dominant during the rest of the season before the Tour. Was arguably a better rider than his leader who won the 2012 Tour, Olympic medalist in the TT etc. Cobo, Cunego, Horner all won GTs yes but never really hit the heights that Froome has IMO.

DirtyWorks said:

Bola del Mundo 2012 springs to mind.

Participation in Vuelta looks extremely bleak:

It was speculated that Froome would recover to ride the Vuelta a España, but he will now need much longer to recover from the injuries that took him out of the Tour de France.

However:

“Thankfully, his injuries won’t be keeping him off the bike for too long and we expect him to return to training in the next few weeks

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-confirms-he-fractured-hand-and-wrist-in-tour-de-france-crashes

Plenty of room for "excuses" there :rolleyes:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
SundayRider said:
True, but I think they are a little different to Froome. He won the most prestigious GT, destroying the field in the process and was completely dominant during the rest of the season before the Tour. Was arguably a better rider than his leader who won the 2012 Tour, Olympic medalist in the TT etc. Cobo, Cunego, Horner all won GTs yes but never really hit the heights that Froome has IMO.

He did. He actually outplayed him, by a mile+.
Same power outputs but 100 years older, and on one leg. Once contractless with a 2nd tier team, no contract offer as GT winner :eek: until good ol Lampre (;)) showed some mercy and signed him.
Don´t let yourself misslead by the sheer amount of Froome posts. The worst doper of them all is still around this TdF. With a half-dead body competing for stage wins :eek: (his own words)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
He did. He actually outplayed him, by a mile+.
Same power outputs but 100 years older, and on one leg. Once contractless with a 2nd tier team, no contract offer as GT winner :eek: until good ol Lampre (;)) showed some mercy and signed him.
Don´t let yourself misslead by the sheer amount of Froome posts. The worst doper of them all is still around this TdF. With a half-dead body competing for stage wins :eek: (his own words)

lolz, if grampa wins this tour I admit it will be slightly more ridiculous than Froome last year. But no way he is able to drop Contador and Nibali in the mountains so dont worry ;)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
lolz, if grampa wins this tour I admit it will be slightly more ridiculous than Froome last year. But no way he is able to drop Contador and Nibali in the mountains so dont worry ;)

Where is your confidence? I expect the worst now... :eek:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
gonna miss the alien attacks for sure :p
it added some drama and humour to the pot

Don´t worry one is still alive and kicking, even though half dead... But that doesn´t matter for this other Alien race. It´s a very robust one, not made of plastic-y skin material ;)

TRENDING THREADS