• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 558 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
After watching the last few stages where Froome "paces himself" to the top, I'm fairly confident he's about to smash the opposition at some point for a minute or more. He may just take red yet.

Pretty sure he'll end up winning by at least 2 minutes 30.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
There goes the fan myth that froome must be clean because he gets worse during gts.

I was clearly wrong when I thought Dawg was done.

Considering this is his worst possible climb, I expect some more mutant attacks in the days to come. Wouldnt surprise me if he dropped Contador by 1 minute on the next MTF.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
That was what Vaughters thinks. You got a question about that, ask him.

Where should the money come from? IOC, that is not independent! Tax payers? The independence comes from the people who are credible and do not have to answer to anyone but the anti doping rules and procedures.

Riders pay for their licence to race. Does that mean they can tell UCI or ASO to only have races in the dry, shorter, more prize money....nope they have very little say on what the money they pay for their licence goes. They get to vote for officials on federations.

Plenty of ways to fund independent anti doping. No one seems to want too. No one seems to want a clean sport and ensure it is fair, honest and transparent. Then ask yourself if that is the environment riders compete in why would they race clean?

Easy Tiger. I agree with most of your post.

However many suggest that Anti Doping can't be independent if it is dependent on the very people it polices for funding.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
I was clearly wrong when I thought Dawg was done.

Considering this is his worst possible climb, I expect some more mutant attacks in the days to come. Wouldnt surprise me if he dropped Contador by 1 minute on the next MTF.

I think Brailsford already had him done. (no more pushing the luck)
Then seeing how things developed. He just couldn't help himself. To push it one more time...
In time maybe. We will know. If it was a bad decision....

For me, Froome is done... It is only a matter of time..

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
After watching the last few stages where Froome "paces himself" to the top, I'm fairly confident he's about to smash the opposition at some point for a minute or more. He may just take red yet.

I hope so. I would absolutely love to see the tears of these pathetic Contadope "fans". It's always a beautiful sight to behold.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
Interesting climb to illustrate how people see what they want to see.

I'd like to see if Froome was really positioned as reported by CN during its live feed.

18:31:17 CEST
Froome is at the back of the peloton and is suffering.

then

18:37:10 CEST
Incredibly Froome has also comeback with a late charge. He was at the back but has found some power and speed.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
bigcog said:
To discuss dopers and contadope is sure as sh*t one of them :D

I gave you examples of people who could be Contador fans while simultaeneuosly acknowledging him as a doper, and you gleefully declare him to be a doper as some sort of victory of logic. :confused:

Anyway, apologies to others. This is the Froome thread.

bigcog, take it to the sidebar or any Contador thread of your choosing.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I'd like to see if Froome was really positioned as reported by CN during its live feed.

then

It's not quite Bjarne Riis on Hautacam but it's strange to see. Normally if a rider is "pacing" his way back he joins the front group and sits on the last mans wheel. Froome has energy to burn.

It's interesting for sure.

Bernie's eyesore said:
Some are Valverde fans but generally they are still fans of proven dopers.

OK, but where's the need for the "pathetic"? Is wanting to see somebody disliked win just to gloat in the faces of people who don't like them really that much better?

There's a lot more to disliking Froome than just thinking he's doped. A lot of people on the Clinic think almost everybody is doped. But Froome is seen as the most egregious offender to many. Maybe there's more than the expectation of doping that makes him dislikable?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Bexon30 said:

We just don't know if the reports of Froome's demise were greatly exaggerated or not. I'm curious to hear the accounts from the other riders themselves.

Was Froome really "at the back of the peloton"?

Did anyone here have TV coverage that would confirm that?

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
OK, but where's the need for the "pathetic"? Is wanting to see somebody disliked win just to gloat in the faces of people who don't like them really that much better?

There's a lot more to disliking Froome than just thinking he's doped. A lot of people on the Clinic think almost everybody is doped. But Froome is seen as the most egregious offender to many. Maybe there's more than the expectation of doping that makes him dislikable?

This

For some of us, doping is a only part of the package...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
... and the hypo clinic already exploding? When the other über doper was gone before the start, there was silence shortly after. When Froome (seemed to) implode, the attacks got harder... thus, I had a great smile on my face today. The hypos got what they deserve. Cheering for (or quietly honouring) other dopers, but constantly hitting out at another.
Hope Froome wins it all now. He shall his win dedicate to the clinic then. :D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
... and the hypo clinic already exploding? When the other über doper was gone before the start, there was silence shortly after. When Froome (seemed to) implode, the attacks got harder... thus, I had a great smile on my face today. The hypos got what they deserve. Cheering for (or quietly honouring) other dopers, but constantly hitting out at another.
Hope Froome wins it all now. He shall his win dedicate to the clinic then. :D

Some people just want to see the clinic burn.

Bexon30 said:
Normally if a rider is "pacing" his way back he joins the front group and sits on the last mans wheel. Froome has energy to burn.

Normally when riders pace themselves back there aren't 20% gradients.

There's a race every spring called La Fleche Wallonne. You should watch it. It ends in a very steep climb and every year people attack too early and then get overtaken by people who paced it better. This was just a longer version.

(And yes it is ironic that this year's FW winner was the one who started the attacking and lost the most)

Granville57 said:
I gave you examples of people who could be Contador fans while simultaeneuosly acknowledging him as a doper, and you gleefully declare him to be a doper as some sort of victory of logic. :confused:

Anyway, apologies to others. This is the Froome thread.

bigcog, take it to the sidebar or any Contador thread of your choosing.

When has logic ever come into any of the discussions on here ? It's all supposition and half arsed psuedo-science. Anyway as you say this thread is about having a pop a Froome. Anyway, he did a good and well thought out ride today should make the next few stages entertaining.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Froome is the least likable rider in the peloton and also the most obvious doper of all time. Id take Horner on 65% hematocrit any day over Froome.

Exactly 100% opposite for me. A grandpa winning half dead and getting love by clinicans is too much for me to swallow. And it should be for everyone else, if the clinic wants a little respect back...

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

It wasn't me who mentioned pathetic though. Believe me, I dislike Froome just as much as you do. I just dislike Contador and Valverde more.