• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 722 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

samhocking said:
The Hitch said:
samhocking said:
So the difference is, everyone else is maintaining omerta and only saying they are riding clean when asked, yet Team Sky say they are riding clean before they are asked so are obliged to release data to prove it?

In the vastly illogical World of the clinic, saying you're riding clean when asked is fine, but saying you're riding clean when not asked is mightily suspicious and demand threads at least several 1000 pages long of looping discussion going nowhere?

After the extraordinary weird maths you were offering in the Thomas thread, do you really think you are in a position to lecture people about logic?

So are you saying you would believe the man who said he didn't screw your wife when you ask him more than man who says he'll never screw your wife before you ask him? It's a subtle difference, but hardly illogical.
uhmm it's more like some dude shouting from the roof tops that "no I never ever screwed your wife don't you worry" which would raise some eyebrows for sure.
Whereas in the other situation there is a suspicion and the person answers. Whether you believe that answer is up to you.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
oiqw9.jpg

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
samhocking said:
The Hitch said:
samhocking said:
So the difference is, everyone else is maintaining omerta and only saying they are riding clean when asked, yet Team Sky say they are riding clean before they are asked so are obliged to release data to prove it?

In the vastly illogical World of the clinic, saying you're riding clean when asked is fine, but saying you're riding clean when not asked is mightily suspicious and demand threads at least several 1000 pages long of looping discussion going nowhere?

After the extraordinary weird maths you were offering in the Thomas thread, do you really think you are in a position to lecture people about logic?

So are you saying you would believe the man who said he didn't screw your wife when you ask him more than man who says he'll never screw your wife before you ask him? It's a subtle difference, but hardly illogical.
uhmm it's more like some dude shouting from the roof tops that "no I never ever screwed your wife don't you worry" which would raise some eyebrows for sure.
Whereas in the other situation there is a suspicion and the person answers. Whether you believe that answer is up to you.

Of course in this scenario your wife is a massive tart who has a long history of sleeping around.... so maybe saying "I'm the only one who hasn't slept with your wife" is not so strange.

Tommy79 said:
LaFlorecita said:
samhocking said:
The Hitch said:
samhocking said:

Of course in this scenario your wife is a massive tart who has a long history of sleeping around.... so maybe saying "I'm the only one who hasn't slept with your wife" is not so strange.
And then that person starts telling lies and making claims that are obviously false .... hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

the sceptic said:
BradCantona said:
So Brailsford is proved right all along - it was utterly pointless releasing data, because people will see what they want to see from it

The treatment of Froome has been dusgusting the last few days. I think he's handled it exceptionally well personally

I want to see dopers named and shamed. But this lynch mentality is out of hand and I think actually damages the credibility of those seeking the truth about performance

Froome is only getting what he deserves. He is the biggest fraud in cycling history and him and Team Sky have been insulting everyones intelligence with their lies for the past 4 years.

I hope Team Sky get busted soon so we can get back to watching some real cycling.

Going by that logic if 'everyone gets what they deserve' there will only be about 50 pro peloton riders left to take part in the sport. Is that real cycling that you mean?

Sky perhaps maybe the worst of a bad bunch, but if your wiping the slate clean it's a huge task! Sky won't fall on their own, and I believe Astana would be first to get busted anyway.

LaFlorecita said:
samhocking said:
Was Fausto Coppi on lipotropin or another peptide too and a Sky rider?
Fausto_Coppi_Cycling_Tradition_Shaved_Legs.jpg
I think you can see the difference? Some veins standing out vs all veins not just standing out but bulging.

Bullsh!t. So there's a 'bulge ratio' now to determine peptide guiltiness in the Clinic? Do you have a bulge swatch I can print off and use against riders legs and send the evidence to WADA lol - Pathetic barrel scraping, that's all it is.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Saint Unix said:
The lighting isn't doing Kennaugh any favours, to be fair.
not a criticism of PK.

just making a point, they are losing the weight from new development peptides, that is how PK loses 7 kgs within 2 months from cycling world champs riding a team pursuit, and then lining up for a Tour at 7kgs lighter.

that is how vroome goes from 71/72kg at 6'1" fit, riding top 30 in the TdF in his first GT for Barloworld, fit, lean, and thin, and loses the weight from these same peptides to come in at 65/66kg and guess what height? Yep, he lost 3 inches too on his height!

Rasmussen did not get those veins. Sean Kelly did have decent calve veins. Hincapie had rear(soleus) vericose non-varicose veings. looked like a baby snake coiled up on his calf.

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Did you guys see this. I wonder if Froome will indeed allow himself to be tested independently to shut up the doping critics?:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/column-important-not-let-armstrong-ruin-tour-again-160153439--spt.html

Laurens Ten Dam tried that, gave a guy unlimited access. All he got at the end was something along the lines of "No evidence of doping but can't prove you are clean"

Depressing, but that is where the science is. Would a similar result for Froome change a single mind?

TRENDING THREADS