• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 731 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Tyr

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

franic said:
gazr99 said:
FroomehasneverdopedX said:
too bad everybody didnt attack when he lost the chain...

It's an unwritten rule to not attack the leader when he has a mechanical
I doubt Nibali realized it was a mechanical. I also doubt Froome would have chased him down, anyway.

Nibali turned back, saw that Froome had a mechanical and then attacked. It was clear from the live, not that I blame him anyway.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

franic said:
gazr99 said:

I doubt Nibali realized it was a mechanical. I also doubt Froome would have chased him down, anyway.

I'm 50/50 on if he knew or not. He definitely looked twice when Froome had the issue. However Froome was looking down, whilst slowing down and Froome spends 90% of the race looking down, so maybe Nibali didn't realise.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Tyr said:
franic said:
gazr99 said:

Nibali turned back, saw that Froome had a mechanical and then attacked. It was clear from the live, not that I blame him anyway.

exactly - but he's The Shark ffs, and moreover, it's Astana, the team that attacks everyone, even Conti this Giro (only to get their butts kicked, but that's another story)... and also MPCC and etalon of clean cycling, so why not to use marginal gains if others use theirs

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

42x16ss said:
You know what? I do believe you're right. And to think that Barloworld was also a UK registered squad :eek:

Actually they were only a UK registered squad for the final year.

Initially a RSA Team (for one year), they switched to Italian licence when Mercatone Uno folded and the team boss and riders moved to Barloworld (became Barloworld-Androni-Giocatolli).

2 years italian registered, 1 year with joint italy/uk/rsa registration, and then final year a GB registration.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site

pastronef said:
ScienceIsCool said:
gazr99 said:

It's a written rule not to jack yourself up with dope.

John Swanson

so both Nibali and Froome did not respect the written rule

Well duh... Even playing field?

Wait, I've been here before. I know I have.

John Swanson

Froome seemed to glide to get back up to the GC group after Nibali attacked. I was really surprised at Froome in the finale. After beating Tyler Hamilton's speed on PSM to being dropped and losing 30 seconds on a fairly easy climb in 5km. :confused:

Maybe saving himself for a sub-35 minute ascent of the Alpe, or pretending to be weak so less people suspect him

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:
Froome seemed to glide to get back up to the GC group after Nibali attacked. I was really surprised at Froome in the finale. After beating Tyler Hamilton's speed on PSM to being dropped and losing 30 seconds on a fairly easy climb in 5km. :confused:

Maybe saving himself for a sub-35 minute ascent of the Alpe, or pretending to be weak so less people suspect him

Winner!!!!!! :)

Re:

I Love To Dope said:
When Vinokourov's Vigilantes don't respect you based on the degree to which you cheat, that's something.

When Froome is dropped big time and Qunitana hammers all of the favorites and people still talk about Froome ten times more than Qunitana you know peoples inability to be objective is long gone…

Insert: "but, but Quintana is a natural climber..."

Walkman said:
I Love To Dope said:
When Vinokourov's Vigilantes don't respect you based on the degree to which you cheat, that's something.

When Froome is dropped big time and Qunitana hammers all of the favorites and people still talk about Froome ten times more than Qunitana you know peoples inability to be objective is long gone…

Only practically no one does. Or where can I find these defense posts?

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

Walkman said:
I Love To Dope said:

Mad