• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 766 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SkyTears said:
having mostly done criteriums as preparation Froome come out very good today.

i think it's time to buckle your seat belts cause you are in for a rough ride guys, and a lot of tears from some sensible users :D

if there's no rain and constant 30+ degrees his chances for the double are huge. and the thread will rocket to 50,000 posts by 2016

p.s. there's no way he is clean. or he is second coming of merckx and also not clean lol

Yeah it would be a shame if Froome ruined another GT with his over the top doping.

But I still hope Astana and Movi can save this vuelta from another farcical Froome win.

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

the sceptic said:
SkyTears said:

i think it's time to buckle your seat belts cause you are in for a rough ride guys, and a lot of tears from some sensible users :D

if there's no rain and constant 30+ degrees his chances for the double are huge. and the thread will rocket to 50,000 posts by 2016

p.s. there's no way he is clean. or he is second coming of merckx and also not clean lol

Yeah it would be a shame if Froome ruined another GT with his over the top doping.

Yeah....that would be cheating :D

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

the sceptic said:
SkyTears said:

But I still hope Astana and Movi can save this vuelta from another farcical Froome win.

Won't be Astana, now that they are confirmed as cheats ;)

doolols said:
The Hitch said:
Does someone have recordings of Kirby saying these things. Could be fun posting them a few years down the line if Froome falls. Seeing as how kirby would no doubt try to like ligget try to weasel his way out of responsibility for what he said.

https://youtu.be/Hsh9-JX2Rak?t=9m30s

You're welcome :)

'They are very very squeaky clean. Should be definitive quite frankly'

I legit burst out laughing

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
socio.jpg

Can we rank the ''I don't actually know what is involved in taking PED's'' in the same category as

ketones.jpg

???
"I'd never heard of Nutella, until I woke up one morning and there was a jar on my bedside table. It was almost as exciting as the first time I ever saw a bike, when I was about 16 or 17. I remember turning to my Dad and saying, 'What the hell is that?'"

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Gung Ho Gun said:
Froomster said:
wendybnt said:
bigcog said:

He's...errr....motoring :D
Seriously, how the hell did he think he was going to get away with that?
He probably wasnt thinking at all, which is somewhat understandable ... The people in the car should've done the thinking here imo

Nah! Everybody knew what they were doing. He isn't new to this game.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

wendybnt said:
Gung Ho Gun said:
He probably wasnt thinking at all, which is somewhat understandable ... The people in the car should've done the thinking here imo

Nah! Everybody knew what they were doing. He isn't new to this game.

HGH obviously isn't questioning Nibali's naivety but rather that Vincenzo wasn't thinking straight due to anger/fatigue, not excusing his actions but obviously not something he would do if he was thinking straight

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

doperhopper said:
Vroom getting his Vuelta objective done: showing he's human

I wonder is Froome at Vuelta to pull out half way citing tiredness and not being able to compete due to the exercions on his human body from TdF. All part of the PR.

I´d say after first or second mountain stage. Creating tearful articles down the line of the price ambassadors of clean cycling has to pay for their passion. When the will and body aren´t synchronized, retiring is the last bitter option in this demanding clean era.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
LaFlorecita said:
CNMhYvpXAAAElL5.jpg

(pic via Digger on twitters)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Got to love they use 'willpower' as one of the reasons for their success. No other riders are doing enough 'willing' to win.

Obviously the most important part is "Excellent team-mates." AKA No shittin' in the campah. AKA LRP.

Remember when Alberto had LRP as his "team-mate?" Made all the difference in the world. Why do you think Teeeeeeeeeejay stole LRP away from Da Dawg?

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
More transparent than any rider in history...

If he looses any more weight he may well end up becoming the most transparent rider in history.

heart_attack_man said:
Benotti69 said:
I wonder is Froome at Vuelta to pull out half way citing tiredness and not being able to compete due to the exercions on his human body from TdF. All part of the PR.

Quoted for Truth - this is definitely happening. No question.
IMO it depends if he's fresh enough to pull his usual trick of destroying the first two real MTF's and holding the advantage.

Might not be possible with stages 11 and 20