Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 781 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
thehog said:
mrhender said:
Funny that he somehow knew a TUE would be leaked.

Better to be known as the honest superman, rejectiing any help.

On top of that, he was willing to jeopardize maillott jaune just to avoid potential criticism.

makes sense...
Froome resorted to holding his breath so as not to cough in front of his rivals.
Ummmm, OK, holding your breath wouldn't look very suspicious now would it... :rolleyes:
I'm still holding my breath that froome will do that v02 max test.
Keep holding it and maybe you too can be ready for the 2016 TdF.
 
Mar 18, 2009
324
0
0
pastronef said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-refused-to-apply-for-tue-at-tour-de-france-despite-illness/

tue-froome-tour

all right guys unleash your dawgs :D
The gentleman doth protest too much.

Can't just win the Tour without justifying it.
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Team Brailsford need to release the real information that skeptics such as the honorable members of the clinic and some members of the media have been asking for for years.

These little gestures like CF refusing a TUE at this years Tour (because he's so noble) just scratch the surface of getting down to the real issue of validating Froomes extraordinary physiology.
 
Re:

irondan said:
Team Brailsford need to release the real information that skeptics such as the honorable members of the clinic and some members of the media have been asking for for years.

These little gestures like CF refusing a TUE at this years Tour (because he's so noble) just scratch the surface of getting down to the real issue of validating Froomes extraordinary physiology.
Sick Froome Dawg went on the next day to ride a weeks worth of crits. He truly is a modern medical marvel our Dawg! :cool:


The day after being feted across Paris, Froome headed to the Natour Criterium in Aalst along with Peter Sagan. The criteriums are less races and more spectacle, with the winner being generally pre-arranged. Sagan topped the podium in Aalst with Froome and Belgian champion Preben Van Hecke.

Next up, across the border in the Netherlands, was the 'Daags na de Tour' or Day after the Tour in Boxmeer, where Sagan was once again on the podium, this time with home riders Robert Gesink (LottoNl-Jumbo) and Bauke Mollema (Trek).

The next day, Quintana claimed top honours ahead of Froome and Serge Pauwels (MTN-Qhubeka) at the Natour Criterium in Roeselare.

Wednesday's race was the Profronde van Lommel, where once more Sagan landed on the podium, this time behind Greg Van Avermaet, with Kevin Hulsmans in third.

The post-Tour criteriums run through the rest of the week across Europe.
 
Jul 20, 2015
109
0
0
After seeing the barrage of Froome related news today, Im just amazed that anyone could believe a thing he says.

A literate teenager can disprove just about all of it in ten minutes, and yet here we have the blond grasshopper and his scribe, talking jibberish that only a true imbecile could believe.
Walsh should be especially ashamed with his latest article in the times. I really think its just a piss-take at this point, as no one could possibly believe what he wrote. Un-possible.

BTW- I did an FTP/Vo2 max test this weekend, and the numbers were unremarkable. Guess Ill be in line to win the TdF in a few months!
 
Apr 3, 2011
2,301
0
0
Feb 24, 2014
516
0
0
Paul Kimmage, calling it as he sees it about the Walsh "interview" (love in) in the Sunday Times.... interpret as you see fit...


Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage 14h14 hours ago
@OrangSoul @ST_Sport Orang, I am adamantly stating we're having our plonker pulled.
 
"What has quizzed us has perhaps been his under-performance prior to this, rather than the over-performance here in Spain," he said.

"Physically Chris Froome is very gifted and we've always known that the power-to-weight ratio he produces is phenomenal.

"It's been puzzling though how some days he can be absolutely brilliant and other days he's struggled with the consistency."

Funny...Sir Dave was out the loop about badzilla..."puzzling" indeed ;)

besides...I'm wondering on which were the days he was "absolutely brilliant" pre-Vulta...
 
Re: Re:

So Froome was down with the lurgy in the last week of the race. That we knew. We knew that TVG exited with the lurgy. That Quintana was (yet again) fighting off the lurgy. The lurgy, after a wet stage like Plateau de Beille, of course there's going to be riders suffering with it later in the race.

That Frome was - on the start line - holding back a cough, what does that tell us? That he was a bit chesty or that he was coughing up a lung? There's a world of difference between the two. Some assume the worst, he was coughing up a lung.

What, though, is most interesting, is not that Froome had the lurgy, it's that Sky thought to treat it with a TUE. It's Sky's TUE policy that this story demands we look at. And maybe the way TUEs can get given out at the Tour, with the sign off of the race doctor - whither the star chamber that replaced Zorzoli's say so?

On a related note: Froome makes the point it was Sky suggested the TUE and he turned it down; Froome makes the point it was he who wanted the independent testing, despite pushback from Sky. He's opening a lot of distance between himself and the team. If only there was another team with really really deep pockets who could lure him to their ranks with promises of wealth undreamth of...
 
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
So Froome was down with the lurgy in the last week of the race. That we knew. We knew that TVG exited with the lurgy. That Quintana was (yet again) fighting off the lurgy. The lurgy, after a wet stage like Plateau de Beille, of course there's going to be riders suffering with it later in the race.

That Frrome was - on the start line - holding back a cough, what does that tell us? That he was a bit chesty or that he was coughing up a lung? There's a world of difference between the two. Some assume the worst, he was coughing up a lung.

What, though, is most interesting, is not that Froome had the lurgy, it's that Sky thought to treat it with a TUE. It's Sky's TUE policy that this story demands we look at. And maybe the way TUEs can get given out at the Tour, with the sign off of the race doctor - whither the star chamber that replaced Zorzoli's say so?

On a related note: Froome makes the point it was Sky suggested the TUE and he turned it down; Froome makes the point it was he who wanted the independent testing, despite pushback from Sky. He's opening a lot of distance between himself and the team. If only there was another team with really really deep pockets who could lure him to their ranks with promises of wealth undreamth of...
by reading some posts on here he was on the verge of being put into an iron lung :D

thank you for you explaination about the wet PdBeille stage and Quintana being a bit ill too.
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
0
0
gillan1969 said:
"What has quizzed us has perhaps been his under-performance prior to this, rather than the over-performance here in Spain," he said.

"Physically Chris Froome is very gifted and we've always known that the power-to-weight ratio he produces is phenomenal.

"It's been puzzling though how some days he can be absolutely brilliant and other days he's struggled with the consistency."

Funny...Sir Dave was out the loop about badzilla..."puzzling" indeed ;)

besides...I'm wondering on which were the days he was "absolutely brilliant" pre-Vulta...
The badzilla only showed up in races. He always put out Lance-esque w/kg numbers in training. And don't forget he beat Contador on a MTF once!
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
Is there any believable indication Froome put out phenomenal w/kg before his transformation? Ie not just Sky saying so afterwards.
 
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Is there any believable indication Froome put out phenomenal w/kg before his transformation? Ie not just Sky saying so afterwards.
Brailsford always knew Froome would be a multiple GT winner. He had him doing special push techniques in races to build strength of his upper body :cool:

 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
0
0
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Is there any believable indication Froome put out phenomenal w/kg before his transformation? Ie not just Sky saying so afterwards.
JV hinted to some mysterious top secret test results from 2007 but that's all I think.

The funny thing is, if Dawg can finish alpe d'huez 5th while being seriously ill he must have been on his deathbed for about a decade when he was messing around in the gruppetto with Henderson & co. And yet no one could be bothered to try and figure out what was wrong with him. Team Sky would rather give up on their once in a century talent rather than sending him to a doctor. :rolleyes:
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Is there any believable indication Froome put out phenomenal w/kg before his transformation? Ie not just Sky saying so afterwards.
If Froome does not provide anything from Pre 2011 Vuelta then the testing is worthless.

While Froome likes to say his transformation is due to Sky's innovative training the fact are he was not Part of Sky's "A" team until 2012. Didn't start working with Kerrison until 2013. Most indications are that he has not improved his output in this time.

Grappe was given 17 of Froome's post 2011 SRM files and he said

power he develops over two years is relatively stable
The calculations of the "Pseudo Scientists" confirm this. Veetoo's calculations for Froome's W/kg show that since the 2011 Vuelta he has not progressed as a climber. If Sky's training program is so good why no improvement in 4 years?

There have been rumors of some good tests in 2007 at the UCI cycling center
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/michel-theze-froome-ne-vient-pas-de-nulle-part-jna0b0n575753

It would be interesting if they found those tests. Froome has lost a large amount of weight since then though.

One other outlier is Froome and Porte's self reported times and Watts up the Madone. Froome has had some impressive performances in races but breaking 30 minutes on that climb and hitting 6.95 w/kg for 30 minutes is really insane.
 
Re: Re:

the sceptic said:
SeriousSam said:
Is there any believable indication Froome put out phenomenal w/kg before his transformation? Ie not just Sky saying so afterwards.
JV hinted to some mysterious top secret test results from 2007 but that's all I think.

The funny thing is, if Dawg can finish alpe d'huez 5th while being seriously ill he must have been on his deathbed for about a decade when he was messing around in the gruppetto with Henderson & co. And yet no one could be bothered to try and figure out what was wrong with him. Team Sky would rather give up on their once in a century talent rather than sending him to a doctor. :rolleyes:
As with all things JV most of it is just spin...

Interesting quote today from Contador on Froome:

"I think Froome is the most difficult rider I've faced"

"In terms of talent I think that Andy [Schleck] was ahead. He was class. Remember, he was in [Tinkoff] Saxo before I came here so I know a bit about his training, so I know that he was super, super class.

"He wasn't stronger than me in the time trials and that's really the problem with Froome, especially now in the flat time trials.

"He wasn't stronger than me in the time trials and that's really the problem with Froome, especially now in the flat time trials.

"If it's an uphill or hard time trial then I don't have too much of a problem but when it's flat like the one we had in Mont-Saint-Michel in 2013 and you look at his average of 55kph, I can't do that with my weight. If the speed is down at 49-50 then I have a chance."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/contador-exclusive-the-tour-de-france-is-the-focus-my-legacy-can-wait/

55kph avg for 63kg Dawg... that is insane :eek:
 
Re: Re:

thehog said:
the sceptic said:
SeriousSam said:
Is there any believable indication Froome put out phenomenal w/kg before his transformation? Ie not just Sky saying so afterwards.
JV hinted to some mysterious top secret test results from 2007 but that's all I think.

The funny thing is, if Dawg can finish alpe d'huez 5th while being seriously ill he must have been on his deathbed for about a decade when he was messing around in the gruppetto with Henderson & co. And yet no one could be bothered to try and figure out what was wrong with him. Team Sky would rather give up on their once in a century talent rather than sending him to a doctor. :rolleyes:
As with all things JV most of it is just spin...

Interesting quote today from Contador on Froome:

"I think Froome is the most difficult rider I've faced"

"In terms of talent I think that Andy [Schleck] was ahead. He was class. Remember, he was in [Tinkoff] Saxo before I came here so I know a bit about his training, so I know that he was super, super class.

"He wasn't stronger than me in the time trials and that's really the problem with Froome, especially now in the flat time trials.

"He wasn't stronger than me in the time trials and that's really the problem with Froome, especially now in the flat time trials.

"If it's an uphill or hard time trial then I don't have too much of a problem but when it's flat like the one we had in Mont-Saint-Michel in 2013 and you look at his average of 55kph, I can't do that with my weight. If the speed is down at 49-50 then I have a chance."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/contador-exclusive-the-tour-de-france-is-the-focus-my-legacy-can-wait/

55kph avg for 63kg Dawg... that is insane :eek:
Alberto says "with my weight I will struggle in 55kph ITTs but I can do well in 49-50kph ITTs" his weight is 62kg but Dawg with 63kg can win 55kph ITTs :rolleyes:
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY