• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 851 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

markene2 said:
Saint Unix said:
Cycling fans don't like Froome. How strange.

It makes it much worse that Kaggestad is still pushing the same crap on tv without end about "Froome and Porte, wonderfull riders. Bla bla Kenya no bike, wonderful person" It goes on for hours without end. I am getting more sick of the riders for that reason then anything else really...

So the general public think he is some kind of natural demigod, and not a fuled up donkey.
Paasche: "Who amongst the top ten can challenge Froome tomorrow? Yates? No. Mollema? No. Quintana? No..."
and so it goes until...
"Rodriguez? No."
Kaggestad: "WHAT? Keep going!"
Paasche: "I said top ten..."
Kaggestad: "BUT YOU HAVE TO INCLUDE..."
Paasche: "Fine. Porte?"
Kaggestad: "YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!"

No wonder I watch Eurosport's coverage. The guy's obsessed with Anglo riders.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
It's confirmed today that the UCI are in Sky's back pocket. It's as bad as the Lance-Postal days. Farcical.

You should state 'WHY' they are a farce.

The only farce has been allowing fans to act like muppets on the side of the roads in major climbs for years and years whilst the Italians and Spanish actually stop the nonsense.

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Saint Unix said:
markene2 said:
Saint Unix said:
Cycling fans don't like Froome. How strange.

It makes it much worse that Kaggestad is still pushing the same crap on tv without end about "Froome and Porte, wonderfull riders. Bla bla Kenya no bike, wonderful person" It goes on for hours without end. I am getting more sick of the riders for that reason then anything else really...

So the general public think he is some kind of natural demigod, and not a fuled up donkey.
Paasche: "Who amongst the top ten can challenge Froome tomorrow? Yates? No. Mollema? No. Quintana? No..."
and so it goes until...
"Rodriguez? No."
Kaggestad: "WHAT? Keep going!"
Paasche: "I said top ten..."
Kaggestad: "BUT YOU HAVE TO INCLUDE..."
Paasche: "Fine. Porte?"
Kaggestad: "YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!"

No wonder I watch Eurosport's coverage. The guy's obsessed with Anglo riders.
Being an anglophile is par for the course for his generation of Norwegians. On top of that Kaggestad is a pathological liar. He knows what is going on.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
It's confirmed today that the UCI are in Sky's back pocket. It's as bad as the Lance-Postal days. Farcical.

Joking right? This is no different to when the 1km banner took out Yates. Was the crowd control/Motos fault which lays at the feet of the Tour and UCI

gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:

Joking right? This is no different to when the 1km banner took out Yates. Was the crowd control/Motos fault which lays at the feet of the Tour and UCI

Taking the personalities out of it, personally I think it is the common sense decision to have made. However it has set a new precedent as there have been incidences in the past where the time would have stood. That is where the problem lies. If it had been a team lower down the peleton that suffered the same fate with not as much at stake, then not in a million years would the same decision have been made.

gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:

Well no, there are clear rules for the last 3km of non-categorised finishes. For MTFs race situation applies. Come on, you know this stuff. Why make up new rules?

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:

Well no, there are clear rules for the last 3km of non-categorised finishes. For MTFs race situation applies. Come on, you know this stuff. Why make up new rules?

Stop hating you can't have the yellow jersey, no matter who it is get caused to crash and held up by a bike in the Tour de France and it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

No wonder people say the clinic is more anti-Froome/Sky/Britain than anti-drugs

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

ontheroad said:
gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:

Taking the personalities out of it, personally I think it is the common sense decision to have made. However it has set a new precedent as there have been incidences in the past where the time would have stood. That is where the problem lies. If it had been a team lower down the peleton that suffered the same fate with not as much at stake, then not in a million years would the same decision have been made.

Anyone in the yellow jersey or a GC contender looking to gaining time on rivals, the same decision undoubtedly would have been made

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site

thehog said:
gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:

There's an enormous difference between sporting bad luck (a flat tire, missing a corner, etc) and foul play resulting from poor race organization. Since it was the ASO that messed up (lack of barriers, police, and poor motorbike standards) the athlete shouldn't be penalized. There was absolutely nothing sporting about what happened and I agree 100% with what the comissaires/race jury decided.

John Swanson

ScienceIsCool said:
thehog said:
gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:

There's an enormous difference between sporting bad luck (a flat tire, missing a corner, etc) and foul play resulting from poor race organization. Since it was the ASO that messed up (lack of barriers, police, and poor motorbike standards) the athlete shouldn't be penalized. There was absolutely nothing sporting about what happened and I agree 100% with what the comissaires/race jury decided.

John Swanson

That being the case they should have annulled the entire stage. You can't favour one ride because his frame cracked, that happens and riders lose time. Contador slid and hit a road embankment. Should his time be reinstated? Perhaps let him re-join in week 3.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
ScienceIsCool said:
thehog said:
gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:

John Swanson

That being the case they should have annulled the entire stage. You can't favour one ride because his frame cracked, that happens and riders lose time. Contador slid and hit a road embankment. Should his time be reinstated? Perhaps let him re-join in week 3.

Actually 2 riders Porte and Froome or do you just want Froome to be punished due to a Moto/fan caused crash 1.5km from the finish. Maybe Froome should have started the whole climb again

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

ScienceIsCool said:

John Swanson
Any rational person can live with the jury decision, yet, on the other hand, it is a racing incident.

Numerous yellow jerseys in the past have been taken out by dumb unlucky incidents, weather conditions, etc etc. The fact you cant predict all the variables in cycling is what makes cycling such a heroic sport imho.

Fair but debatable decision.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
thehog said:
What's going on? Seems like everybody gets time bonuses. I wonder what would have happened if I would have been the only one to go down...

I think Mollema got it right...

I'm not sure what Mollema means by it. Does everyone behind get the same time and they just haven't announced it or did he think he was about to leave Froome and Porte behind, so doesn't like them getting the same time. Hopefully a misunderstanding on his part

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Red Rick said:
kwikki said:
Of course, if Froome hadn't been given back the yellow jersey, it would have been on the shoulders of another Brit.

We've got this sewn up. You guys might as well pack up and go home :cool:

:D
Seems to me that you might as well go home if you don't have any points to make in this thread

He's great poster, makes better points than many here some satirical some good points

Cycling is unfair, it really is. However you can't reconstruct the results based on the "elements".

Quintana is a very light rider and no way could ride like Froome yesterday & lost time. Wind, rain, fans, sun are all part of racing outdoors.

The only two options were to keep the results or annul time for all riders.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

Red Rick said:
kwikki said:
Of course, if Froome hadn't been given back the yellow jersey, it would have been on the shoulders of another Brit.

We've got this sewn up. You guys might as well pack up and go home :cool:

:D
Seems to me that you might as well go home if you don't have any points to make in this thread

See that smiley? It means it was a little joke.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
thehog said:
Cycling is unfair, it really is. However you can't reconstruct the results based on the "elements".

Quintana is a very light rider and no way could ride like Froome yesterday & lost time. Wind, rain, fans, sun are all part of racing outdoors.

In that case why don't fans just start tacking their riders' main challenger 1km before the finish and holding him down to help

gazr99 said:
thehog said:

In that case why don't fans just start tacking their riders' main challenger 1km before the finish and holding him down to help

That's just silly.

There are barriers and police with 1km to go, it would happen. What a stupid post.

TRENDING THREADS