• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 852 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
thehog said:
gazr99 said:
thehog said:
Cycling is unfair, it really is. However you can't reconstruct the results based on the "elements".

Quintana is a very light rider and no way could ride like Froome yesterday & lost time. Wind, rain, fans, sun are all part of racing outdoors.

The only two options were to keep the results or annul time for all riders.

In that case why don't fans just start tacking their riders' main challenger 1km before the finish and holding him down to help

That's just silly.

There are barriers and police with 1km to go, it would happen. What a stupid post.

Not much difference to today, which was 1.2km. By your ruling that's outside forces like the wind which is fine. But you are the expert of stupid posts, you make enough of them

gazr99 said:
thehog said:
gazr99 said:
thehog said:
Cycling is unfair, it really is. However you can't reconstruct the results based on the "elements".

Quintana is a very light rider and no way could ride like Froome yesterday & lost time. Wind, rain, fans, sun are all part of racing outdoors.

In that case why don't fans just start tacking their riders' main challenger 1km before the finish and holding him down to help

That's just silly.

There are barriers and police with 1km to go, it would happen. What a stupid post.

Not much difference to today, which was 1.2km. By your ruling that's outside forces like the wind which is fine. But you are the expert of stupid posts, you make enough of them

Look I get it, you're a Froome fan and you want the best possible result for him. If the ASO still want to modify a stage, the can't then modify the result with a push from the UCI. They upgraded Froome but poor Mollema gets shafted, that's not fair.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
markene2 said:
thehog said:
Interesting, the UCI stepped in.... not the race comissonaires?

Christian Prudhomme: "The decision to revise the GC was taken by a UCI jury. An exceptional decision for an exceptional incident." #TDF2016 

Oh wow...

If the race management have been so negligent as to allow this incident to occur it is right for the UCI to overrule.

Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
gazr99 said:
Right who did it? That was like something from most posters' here wet dream
Seeing as how we all get blamed for throwing urine at Froome (even though there's no proof that actually happened), we might as well all give in here now and admit it was all a deliberate conspiracy to sabotage froome on the part of the clinic.

Well I can see from your IP address you are posting from near mont ventoux, tut tut :p

thehog said:
ScienceIsCool said:
thehog said:
gazr99 said:
Pantani Attacks said:
It's confirmed today that the UCI are in Sky's back pocket. It's as bad as the Lance-Postal days. Farcical.

Joking right? This is no different to when the 1km banner took out Yates. Was the crowd control/Motos fault which lays at the feet of the Tour and UCI

Well no, there are clear rules for the last 3km of non-categorised finishes. For MTFs race situation applies. Come on, you know this stuff. Why make up new rules?

There's an enormous difference between sporting bad luck (a flat tire, missing a corner, etc) and foul play resulting from poor race organization. Since it was the ASO that messed up (lack of barriers, police, and poor motorbike standards) the athlete shouldn't be penalized. There was absolutely nothing sporting about what happened and I agree 100% with what the comissaires/race jury decided.

John Swanson

That being the case they should have annulled the entire stage. You can't favour one ride because his frame cracked, that happens and riders lose time. Contador slid and hit a road embankment. Should his time be reinstated? Perhaps let him re-join in week 3.

How are those two incidents in anyway comparable ???? I'll have what your smoking ...

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
unique opportunity today for Cookson to show he's not Sky's ***, and he blows it.

Well, that is one point of view.

Here's a different one. There have been numerous incidents in recent years of dangerous incidents created by poor race management. Many of these have involved not managing race traffic. I'm pretty sure that if I go looking I'll find some posts in this forum blaming Cookson and the UCI for inaction.

So you've got action now. You can't have it both ways.

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Those grapes are of an exceptionally sour vintage tonight.

The only disgraceful incident was the fact it happened in the first place. Clearly the right decision. Even if you only have the one eye (so circa 95% of those on this thread)

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
thehog said:
gazr99 said:
thehog said:
gazr99 said:
thehog said:

That's just silly.

Look I get it, you're a Froome fan and you want the best possible result for him. If the ASO still want to modify a stage, the can't then modify the result with a push from the UCI. They upgraded Froome but poor Mollema gets shafted, that's not fair.

You mean you just hate Froome and want the worst possible result for him, hence why you keep forgetting about Porte. If say Quintana and Froome had swapped places I would want this same result. Mollema has probably lost time but it's right he's on the same time as the other 2, they were all together Mollema was lucky to be at the back.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
domination said:
Those grapes are of an exceptionally sour vintage tonight.

The only disgraceful incident was the fact it happened in the first place. Clearly the right decision. Even if you only have the one eye (so circa 95% of those on this thread)

A lot of the clinic got very excited watching Froome crashing and running up Ventoux, it's their wet dream

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re:

bikinggirl said:
How can UCI make any decision on todays result? What is going on Mr. Crookson I cant stand this British ****!!!

By all means call him a ****.

But mentioning his nationality just makes it racist.

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

gazr99 said:
Red Rick said:
kwikki said:
Of course, if Froome hadn't been given back the yellow jersey, it would have been on the shoulders of another Brit.

We've got this sewn up. You guys might as well pack up and go home :cool:

:D
Seems to me that you might as well go home if you don't have any points to make in this thread

He's great poster, makes better points than many here some satirical some good points
This is the BRITISH wave...and they will be shut down in the near future as the Americans was..Don`t worry have patience...the Brit`s can get away with anything for now..but that will change and that is the truth..

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re:

ontheroad said:
The comment from Prudhomme is extremely loaded and leaves us in no doubt that it was the UCI who made the decision. I don't think we have heard the last of this.

The incident makes Prudhomme look pretty incompetent. The UCI are sending him a clear message.

If you take your own individual feelings about the riders involved out of the equation, it looks a lot clearer. Frankly, if it had been Quintana crashing into the motor after putting time into Froome there would be quite a few people here saying the exact opposite to what they are now.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

bikinggirl said:
gazr99 said:
Red Rick said:
kwikki said:
Of course, if Froome hadn't been given back the yellow jersey, it would have been on the shoulders of another Brit.

We've got this sewn up. You guys might as well pack up and go home :cool:

Seems to me that you might as well go home if you don't have any points to make in this thread

He's great poster, makes better points than many here some satirical some good points
This is the BRITISH wave...and they will be shut down in the near future as the Americans was..Don`t worry have patience...the Brit`s can get away with anything for now..but that will change and that is the truth..

Lovely neutral poster, how dare anyone suggest an anti-British sentiment in the clinic

sniper said:
thehog said:
Interesting, the UCI stepped in.... not the race comissonaires?

Christian Prudhomme: "The decision to revise the GC was taken by a UCI jury. An exceptional decision for an exceptional incident." #TDF2016 
good spot.
Cookson coming to Sky's rescue.
say it aint so.

Isn't the UCI jury and the race commissionaires the same thing? The UCI appoint the commissionaires which form the UCI race jury which is what I assume Prudhomme was talking about. Happy to stand corrected on this

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Brailsford just issued a press release stating that they had Froome running up Mont Teide on Tenerife working on surprise crashes..........

Anywya, Bauke is not amused.

Bauke Mollema Verifizierter Account
‏@BaukeMollema

What's going on? Seems like everybody gets time bonuses. I wonder what would have happened if I would have been the only one to go down...

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
Brailsford just issued a press release stating that they had Froome running up Mont Teide on Tenerife working on surprise crashes..........

Anywya, Bauke is not amused.

Bauke Mollema Verifizierter Account
‏@BaukeMollema

What's going on? Seems like everybody gets time bonuses. I wonder what would have happened if I would have been the only one to go down...

Trek have appealed the decision for Mollema.

Additionally the Jury is always a UCI appointed one:

there’s a jury of UCI commissaires tasked with upholding the rules

They used the rule "exceptional circumstances" to give Froome and Porte the time lift and now Quintana.

One might remember Ted King not getting the same luck when he crashed in the TTT and missed the time cut by 5 seconds and was DQ'd form the Tour on Stage 1.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
@stryderhells, you could be right.
lots of vagueness. Little transparency.
UCI don't look good.

Michael Rasmussen ‏@MRasmussen1974 1 Std.Vor 1 Stunde
Michael Rasmussen hat Bauke Mollema retweetet
Mollema definitely has a point here. I am still curious to know where, who and how times were taken and given #TDF

TRENDING THREADS