• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 887 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
Ketones conversation on twitter. interesting, and not banned.

https://twitter.com/WESchottIII/status/758394506941124608

Old news in the Sky myth. They have been called out on it denied it and the university that invented them claim they supply Team Sky.

Another of the dots which have caught Sky lying.

But yep, funny to read again that Sky think they can lie easily in 2015/16 and not get caught lying.

Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:

Old news in the Sky myth. They have been called out on it denied it and the university that invented them claim they supply Team Sky.

But yep, funny to read again that Sky think they can lie easily in 2015/16 and not get caught lying.

they can lie as long as they want about LEGAL stuff. Digger wants them to be called out on Ketones, while in pro cycling nobody calls out anybody not even on banned stuff.

I agree about the rest, Leinders, zero tolerance, the inhaler, and the BS

but if a little part of the edge they have, comes from ketones, eh well, good for them. the longer they deny, the longer the other teams catch up.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If only it was Ketones! De Jongh, Yates, Jullich et al are gone over 2 years and the Ketone magic would long have spread through the peloton.

Sky are beating Russian state backed Katusha. It aint with Ketones ;)

If they lie about Ketones, what else do they lie about?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:

they can lie as long as they want about LEGAL stuff. Digger wants them to be called out on Ketones, while in pro cycling nobody calls out anybody not even on banned stuff.

but if a little part of the edge they have, comes from ketones, eh well, good for them. the longer they deny, the longer the other teams catch up.

This^^

If Sky are using ketones and other teams aren't, that's not Sky's problem.

BYOP88 said:
pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:

This^^

If Sky are using ketones and other teams aren't, that's not Sky's problem

agree 100%

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
All else fails so have a go at Sky for potentially taking something that is legal. Which as usual has no evidence whatsoever to support it (tweets from amateur conspiracy theorists with "circumstantial and hearsay evidence" does not count).

Really is getting desperate on here.

No - people are missing the point - it's the precedent. And more to do with the media...firstly it's complete horsesh** that they are using ketones on the quiet - froome looks like he took a drink from one mid stage last year - the point is why the media are now just accepting of lies...that's how low the standard is...here we have a clear lie, one which shows again that sky aren't honest, and the media don't care. Legal, illegal, not the point...it's the fact that the media don't care about sky lies.

domination said:
All else fails so have a go at Sky for potentially taking something that is legal. Which as usual has no evidence whatsoever to support it (tweets from amateur conspiracy theorists with "circumstantial and hearsay evidence" does not count).

Really is getting desperate on here.

emails and other documentary evidence is pretty good evidence.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Digger said:
No - people are missing the point - it's the precedent. And more to do with the media...firstly it's complete horsesh** that they are using ketones on the quiet - froome looks like he took a drink from one mid stage last year - the point is why the media are now just accepting of lies...that's how low the standard is...here we have a clear lie, one which shows again that sky aren't honest, and the media don't care. Legal, illegal, not the point...it's the fact that the media don't care about sky lies.

To be honest, Digger, I don't care that much either.

If you ask other teams they'll tell you lies too. So, Sky do a bit of drugs now and again?.....just like everyone else...... big deal.

Benotti69 said:
Bolder said:
thehog said:
I like this one, Euros just don't know how to train properly, Armstrong leading the technology renaissance... :lol:

Brailsford has copied this model like for like. That's impressive.

Armstrong represents a new kind of athlete. He has been at the forefront of a technological renaissance that has made European cycling purists uncomfortable.

Let's be clear: European riders were on the juice way before Jock (Jacques) Boyer learned how to pedal a tricycle. What Armstrong and his team did was systematize and analyze performance to optimize training cycles. Then they built a team solely focused on winning TdF to maximize sponsorship opportunities, which in turn begat even better TdF-oriented squads. I don't think it's a stretch to say that LA was a leader in high-tech training methods. You can gobble down any kind of pills all day long but if you don't know how to integrate them with real-world training, all you'll end up with are a bunch of Tom Simpsons...

Dude, Amrstrong's doctor was Italian and his DS a Belgian. :lol:
Please Benotti, it's not like first generation SRMs were available in the late 80's. Or teams like CSC were training and collecting data for power modelling and blood lactate on climbs at least as early as 2003.

Re: Re:

kwikki said:
Digger said:

If you ask other teams they'll tell you lies too. So, Sky do a bit of drugs now and again?.....just like everyone else...... big deal.

Hey if people, media and fans, finally want to accept they take drugs, we can shut this down...end of discussion

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

kwikki said:
Digger said:

I don't care that they used Ketones, I care that they lied though, they haven't really ever perfected the art of lying have they. USPS were much better at that.

Needs more marginal gains in that area I think.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Tbh if the Clinic accepted the everyone dopes = level playing field argument, that [insert fav team/rider here] defenders like to bring every now and then, this would be a very lonely place.
What gets to me with Sky is the greed, very similar to USPS, it seems to me english speaking folk have an obsession with winning the TdF at least 5 times or they don't matter.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re:

tomycs said:
Tbh if the Clinic accepted the everyone dopes = level playing field argument, that [insert fav team/rider here] defenders like to bring every now and then, this would be a very lonely place.
What gets to me with Sky is the greed, very similar to USPS, it seems to me english speaking folk have an obsession with winning the TdF at least 5 times or they don't matter.

What like the well known English speaking Anglo riders Eddy Merckx, Jacqueline Anquetil and Miguel Indurain?

I find that a strange notion. So do you think Sky should field a team with the intention of losing? I'd like to see Sky not win. Not because I have some sort of irrational hatred of them that I will try and justify in any way I can without seeing thd hypocrisy of my own position, but because one dominant team makes for duller viewing.

But that isn't Sky's fault. It's up to the other teams to raise their game.

Night Rider said:
kwikki said:
Digger said:

I don't care that they used Ketones, I care that they lied though, they haven't really ever perfected the art of lying have they. USPS were much better at that.

Needs more marginal gains in that area I think.

this = and the media...is standards so low now that sky can lie at will, media can actually call them on it, and nobody dares upset sir dave

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

kwikki said:
What like the well known English riders Eddy Merckx, Jacqueline Anquetil and Miguel Indurain?

I find that a strange notion. So do you think Sky should field a team with the intention of losing? I'd like to see Sky not win. Not because I have some sort of irrational hatred of them that I will try and justify in any way I can without seeing thd hypocrisy of my own position, but because one dominant team makes for duller viewing.

I have to say I don't get your posts, for a guy who keeps trying to deflect from Sky and Froome by pointing fingers at anyone and everyone else in cycling, you do keep these discussions on top.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

tomycs said:
kwikki said:
What like the well known English riders Eddy Merckx, Jacqueline Anquetil and Miguel Indurain?

I have to say I don't get your posts, for a guy who keeps trying to deflect from Sky and Froome by pointing fingers at anyone and everyone else in cycling, you do keep these discussions on top.

That is because you are viewing my posts from your own entrenched position. I'm not. I'm just mildly amused by some of the hysterics going on here. I take a balanced view born of watching the sport for a very long time and knowing people involved in the sport.

This is why I am able to be sceptical of the blind Sky fans who occasionally post in here whilst at the same time seeing the ridiculousness of those who fixate on Sky and in fact any element of cycling that involves British people, as if they are the destroyers of clean sport.

Not feeling the need to be part of the herd helps too, as does not overestimating the importance of this thread, this sub-board or this forum.

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re:

tomycs said:
Pretty much.

Personally I think this British/English invasion hasnt done cycling any good.

kwikki said:
tomycs said:
kwikki said:

That is because you are viewing my posts from your own entrenched position. I'm not. I'm just mildly amused by some of the hysterics going on here. I take a balanced view born of watching the sport for a very long time and knowing people involved in the sport.

This is why I am able to be sceptical of the blind Sky fans who occasionally post in here whilst at the same time seeing the ridiculousness of those who fixate on Sky and in fact any element of cycling that involves British people, as if they are the destroyers of clean sport.

Not feeling the need to be part of the herd helps too, as does not overestimating the importance of this thread, this sub-board or this forum.

having watched for a very long time you will at least know that other teams had enough respect of the viewing public to promote 'talent'...SKY on the other hand..............