Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 982 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

CTQ said:
Digger said:
yaco said:
So someone has 11,000 twitter followers - It means nothing in the scheme of things when you can purchase twitter followers - One can be good at reading the 'tea leaves' but the occasional 'cool' tweet,is is a far cry from earth shattering news - I look at the whole package -When I see the childish and infantile replies to digger's tweets which he allows to be publically displayed makes me dismayed - And baiting the relatives of cyclists ( why they are on twitter is another matter ) is silly at best.
Are you saying I bought followers?
13,000 by the way. Get it right.
I feel sorry for you. The stuff that's yet to get out.
"11,000 followers including a lot of journalists whom are very happy to engage with Digger" from TheHog yesterday
You then hinted I bought followers.
 
Jul 5, 2009
2,440
3
0
Re: Re:

Digger said:
Are you saying I bought followers?
13,000 by the way. Get it right.
I feel sorry for you. The stuff that's yet to get out.
I gotta know. What's the gist of "the stuff that's yet to get out"? You, in general. Like "team sponsored motors", or "spouses that run the drug program".

John Swanson
 
Re: Re:

ScienceIsCool said:
Digger said:
Are you saying I bought followers?
13,000 by the way. Get it right.
I feel sorry for you. The stuff that's yet to get out.
I gotta know. What's the gist of "the stuff that's yet to get out"? You, in general. Like "team sponsored motors", or "spouses that run the drug program".

John Swanson

Motors....doping is a given. Anti obesity drugs etc.
But motors is where it's at.

Shane Sutton knows where the Wiggins bodies are buried - he was the leak for the jiffy bag. Not even he knows about froome.

Gary Blem - personal mechanic for froome - he's an interesting guy....
 
Re: Re:

Digger said:
ScienceIsCool said:
Digger said:
Are you saying I bought followers?
13,000 by the way. Get it right.
I feel sorry for you. The stuff that's yet to get out.
I gotta know. What's the gist of "the stuff that's yet to get out"? You, in general. Like "team sponsored motors", or "spouses that run the drug program".

John Swanson

Motors....doping is a given. Anti obesity drugs etc.
But motors is where it's at.

Shane Sutton knows where the Wiggins bodies are buried - he was the leak for the jiffy bag. Not even he knows about froome.

Gary Blem - personal mechanic for froome - he's an interesting guy....
Why do you think Shane Sutton doesnt know about Froome? Can't see a scenario where he doesnt know whats going on behind the scenes.....
Can you elaborate on him? Interesting how exactly?
 
Jul 5, 2009
2,440
3
0
Re: Re:

Digger said:
ScienceIsCool said:
Digger said:
Are you saying I bought followers?
13,000 by the way. Get it right.
I feel sorry for you. The stuff that's yet to get out.
I gotta know. What's the gist of "the stuff that's yet to get out"? You, in general. Like "team sponsored motors", or "spouses that run the drug program".

John Swanson

Motors....doping is a given. Anti obesity drugs etc.
But motors is where it's at.

Shane Sutton knows where the Wiggins bodies are buried - he was the leak for the jiffy bag. Not even he knows about froome.

Gary Blem - personal mechanic for froome - he's an interesting guy....
Let's just say I'm... not surprised. The money and interest is definitely out there. My personal anecdote is having been approached by a pair of stupidly well funded VC's with the idea of opening a test lab. The numbers didn't work out, so pffft. But I know from what they shared (numerous white papers) that they understood very well that there were growth opportunities within cycling (not just racing) and that they could be monetized. It would be ridiculous to think that someone wouldn't look at the e-bike market and not instantly realize the profit margins attached to the niche market of cheating.

It's too bad I have morals because I'm unemployed and think the whole scenario is fascinating from a tech perspective.

John Swanson
 
Re: Re:

Digger said:
CTQ said:
Digger said:
yaco said:
So someone has 11,000 twitter followers - It means nothing in the scheme of things when you can purchase twitter followers - One can be good at reading the 'tea leaves' but the occasional 'cool' tweet,is is a far cry from earth shattering news - I look at the whole package -When I see the childish and infantile replies to digger's tweets which he allows to be publically displayed makes me dismayed - And baiting the relatives of cyclists ( why they are on twitter is another matter ) is silly at best.
Are you saying I bought followers?
13,000 by the way. Get it right.
I feel sorry for you. The stuff that's yet to get out.
"11,000 followers including a lot of journalists whom are very happy to engage with Digger" from TheHog yesterday
You then hinted I bought followers.
One of your fan boys gave the figure 11,000 twitter followers - I couldn't care care less whether its 100 or 100,000 twitter followers - Numbers bear little relationship to quality of tweets and especially the immature tweets you receive in response - I'll worry about the quality of your tweets and you can worry about the number of followers, especially so called important people.

Anyway you and Michelle Froome can continue your twitter war.
 
Jul 5, 2009
2,440
3
0
Re: Re:

yaco said:
One of your fan boys gave the figure 11,000 twitter followers - I couldn't care care less whether its 100 or 100,000 twitter followers - Numbers bear little relationship to quality of tweets and especially the immature tweets you receive in response - I'll worry about the quality of your tweets and you can worry about the number of followers, especially so called important people.

Anyway you and Michelle Froome can continue your twitter war.
It feels like maybe you're worried about the color of the leaves when looking at Digger's painting of a forest.

John Swanson
 
Gotta love Barry Ryan who never missed the opportunity to needle Froome in any of his articles - Latest one is in today's CN when writing about the
Giro presentation in Israel - Writes 'Froome made a belated and surprising transition to a GC Contender' - Great work by Barry.
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re:

yaco said:
Gotta love Barry Ryan who never missed the opportunity to needle Froome in any of his articles - Latest one is in today's CN when writing about the
Giro presentation in Israel - Writes 'Froome made a belated and surprising transition to a GC Contender' - Great work by Barry.
But it's true, is it not?
 
Jul 5, 2009
2,440
3
0
Re:

yaco said:
Gotta love Barry Ryan who never missed the opportunity to needle Froome in any of his articles - Latest one is in today's CN when writing about the
Giro presentation in Israel - Writes 'Froome made a belated and surprising transition to a GC Contender' - Great work by Barry.
Sounds right. Doesn't it? The transition was late and completely unexpected.

John Swanson
 
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
yaco said:
Gotta love Barry Ryan who never missed the opportunity to needle Froome in any of his articles - Latest one is in today's CN when writing about the
Giro presentation in Israel - Writes 'Froome made a belated and surprising transition to a GC Contender' - Great work by Barry.
But it's true, is it not?
It is factually correct - Of course what caused the transformation is anyone's guess - Like Ryan because he doesn't back down even after being savaged by Brailsford earlier this year.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Digger said:
CTQ said:
Digger said:
yaco said:
So someone has 11,000 twitter followers - It means nothing in the scheme of things when you can purchase twitter followers - One can be good at reading the 'tea leaves' but the occasional 'cool' tweet,is is a far cry from earth shattering news - I look at the whole package -When I see the childish and infantile replies to digger's tweets which he allows to be publically displayed makes me dismayed - And baiting the relatives of cyclists ( why they are on twitter is another matter ) is silly at best.
Are you saying I bought followers?
13,000 by the way. Get it right.
I feel sorry for you. The stuff that's yet to get out.
"11,000 followers including a lot of journalists whom are very happy to engage with Digger" from TheHog yesterday
You then hinted I bought followers.
One of your fan boys gave the figure 11,000 twitter followers - I couldn't care care less whether its 100 or 100,000 twitter followers - Numbers bear little relationship to quality of tweets and especially the immature tweets you receive in response - I'll worry about the quality of your tweets and you can worry about the number of followers, especially so called important people.

Anyway you and Michelle Froome can continue your twitter war.
no war - she tried to shame a lady who had gained weight from cancer - I accept you are ok with this behaviour as you are ok with sky as a whole.


clearly you have an issue with my followers though - hence you saying I bought them.

As for barry ryan - he's right. Froome did transform from donkey to racehorse in three weeks - his article on brailsford, name one thing inaccurate about it.
Brailsford did his usual bullying - something he's done numerous times in recent years. What kind of scumbag offers a story on another team so your team can skate free..
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Irondan said:
yaco said:
Gotta love Barry Ryan who never missed the opportunity to needle Froome in any of his articles - Latest one is in today's CN when writing about the
Giro presentation in Israel - Writes 'Froome made a belated and surprising transition to a GC Contender' - Great work by Barry.
But it's true, is it not?
It is factually correct - Of course what caused the transformation is anyone's guess - Like Ryan because he doesn't back down even after being savaged by Brailsford earlier this year.
I imagine lots know what caused a rider to transform in 3 weeks to go from the gruppetto to GT podium.

It aint natural, that's for sure.

It will out in the end it always does.
 
Re: Re:

I imagine lots know what caused a rider to transform in 3 weeks to go from the gruppetto to GT podium.

It aint natural, that's for sure.

It will out in the end it always does.
I admire people who stick up for their own blind faith. Go get'em Yaco!
 
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
yaco said:
Gotta love Barry Ryan who never missed the opportunity to needle Froome in any of his articles - Latest one is in today's CN when writing about the
Giro presentation in Israel - Writes 'Froome made a belated and surprising transition to a GC Contender' - Great work by Barry.
But it's true, is it not?
Transition from what though. Its not like wiggins who was at least good at something - TP and being fringe top 10 in time trials.

Froome went from being good at absolutely nothing to being the best rider ever.

Thats not a transition from 1 skill to another skill. Its a metamorphosis from 0 talent to way too much talent.
 
Re: Re:

Digger said:
The Hitch said:
hrotha said:
CTQ is 100% right about Digger's comment on Cound's alleged Armstrong forum. If you can't see that, you're too biased and more interested in scoring points than in honest discussion.
Digger makes mistakes like this sometimes (i've tried to pm him a few times on similar occasions).

But I don't see how the distinction between her posting pro Lance love on a forum (while trolling and sending abuse to anti doping people), and her running a pro Lance forum, should overshadow the overall point.

Which is she was trolling people who didn't believe in Lance, and now like Ligget and Wiggins and Millar and Kirby and all the other level 1 scumbags is acting like it never happened and of course not apologizing for it.

So yeah, "**** digger" if it means that much to you. But he's not the one running a fraudulent to the core propaganda campaign for cycling's newest doped up terminator.
knock yourself out.

As for the rest who say this tweet shows she wasn't being dishonest - she is slamming lance as a scumbag yet she was a huge fan. Whether it's Alberto, Vino or lance, she has a complicated affinity for known dopers. Feel free to get bogged down on semantics. She said it was 'fake news'. The internet saw the reality.

There's a couple of people here who have great info - the rest are just trying to squeeze others for gossip. Knock yourselves out.
I don't think everyone in the world is trying to squeeze for gossip and its not all about getting "great info" 5 seconds before everyone else so that one can pat themselves on the back and pride themselves as an "insider".

A lot of people on here just like to discuss the doping soap opera, not become the new Race Radio.
 
WHY is Froome being 'pushed' at us so much ?? the bbc, the Times, Sports personality desperate for viewers to vote for him.

And he's now going for the World title ITT. They did it with Wiggins - knighted and his success has promoted cycling in GB bringing in money for the industry.

BUT why Froome ? is it just to keep the ball rolling ? the money coming in like Wiggins. thats all i can think of.
 
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
WHY is Froome being 'pushed' at us so much ?? the bbc, the Times, Sports personality desperate for viewers to vote for him.

And he's now going for the World title ITT. They did it with Wiggins - knighted and his success has promoted cycling in GB bringing in money for the industry.

BUT why Froome ? is it just to keep the ball rolling ? the money coming in like Wiggins. thats all i can think of.

you are right, a double grand tour winner shouldn't be celebrated
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Cycle Chic said:
WHY is Froome being 'pushed' at us so much ?? the bbc, the Times, Sports personality desperate for viewers to vote for him.

And he's now going for the World title ITT. They did it with Wiggins - knighted and his success has promoted cycling in GB bringing in money for the industry.

BUT why Froome ? is it just to keep the ball rolling ? the money coming in like Wiggins. thats all i can think of.

you are right, a double grand tour winner shouldn't be celebrated
Fixing these too many times!

"you are right, a cheating double grand tour winner shouldn't be celebrated"

:)
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Cycle Chic said:
WHY is Froome being 'pushed' at us so much ?? the bbc, the Times, Sports personality desperate for viewers to vote for him.

And he's now going for the World title ITT. They did it with Wiggins - knighted and his success has promoted cycling in GB bringing in money for the industry.

BUT why Froome ? is it just to keep the ball rolling ? the money coming in like Wiggins. thats all i can think of.

you are right, a double grand tour winner shouldn't be celebrated
Fixing these too many times!

"you are right, a cheating double grand tour winner shouldn't be celebrated"

:)
but don't that all do it?
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
Cycle Chic said:
WHY is Froome being 'pushed' at us so much ?? the bbc, the Times, Sports personality desperate for viewers to vote for him.

And he's now going for the World title ITT. They did it with Wiggins - knighted and his success has promoted cycling in GB bringing in money for the industry.

BUT why Froome ? is it just to keep the ball rolling ? the money coming in like Wiggins. thats all i can think of.

you are right, a double grand tour winner shouldn't be celebrated
Fixing these too many times!

"you are right, a cheating double grand tour winner shouldn't be celebrated"

:)
but don't that all do it?
Yes, yes they all do. Glad you are admitting Sky/Froome are no better.
 
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Irondan said:
yaco said:
Gotta love Barry Ryan who never missed the opportunity to needle Froome in any of his articles - Latest one is in today's CN when writing about the
Giro presentation in Israel - Writes 'Froome made a belated and surprising transition to a GC Contender' - Great work by Barry.
But it's true, is it not?
Transition from what though. Its not like wiggins who was at least good at something - TP and being fringe top 10 in time trials.

Froome went from being good at absolutely nothing to being the best rider ever.

Thats not a transition from 1 skill to another skill. Its a metamorphosis from 0 talent to way too much talent.
You take it up with Barry Ryan - You suggest he use the word metamorphis.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS