• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
Very. Interest in the season will be all over for me after the Classics based on the way it is heading.

I expect OPQS with their Ibarguren marginal gains to do well. Boonen for a 5th P-R, sadly. Hope not.

Cant see the black and blue being too interested in the classics. all geared towards GTs, Froome talked about control. Much easier to control a GT for a team like Sky than classics.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cavendash said:
Watching the black and blue train beat their opposition black and blue, seriously i admire the way they go about their work especially compared to someone putting in lightweight 1 minute attacks that will never stick.

It will be interesting to read in a few years about how they achieved it. This marginal gains and attention to detail PR BS gets annoying. Losing the will to love after reading anything by Sky. How they lost weight and gained power or no loss of power is what has them out performing others at the moment in the mountains and TTs.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I expect OPQS with their Ibarguren marginal gains to do well. Boonen for a 5th P-R, sadly. Hope not.

Cant see the black and blue being too interested in the classics. all geared towards GTs, Froome talked about control. Much easier to control a GT for a team like Sky than classics.

Brailsford was quite outspoken about going for the classics - he expressed considerabel anger at the classic record for sky in '12. Yeah, won the tour, paris nice, algarve, dauphine, criterium, olympic gold and bronze...and he was annoyed!

God help this place if he works out the classics - it'll be like a mushroom cloud of exasperation...

May 26, 2009
Visit site
martinvickers said:
God help this place if he works out the classics - it'll be like a mushroom cloud of exasperation...

Dave, the guy not behind the wheel who "works out cycling".

Martin, I understand cycling is new for you, but this is good trolling stuff, my compliments ;)

Cavendash said:
Watching the black and blue train beat their opposition black and blue, seriously i admire the way they go about their work especially compared to someone putting in lightweight 1 minute attacks that will never stick.

As an objective cycling fan you should hope he figures out how to make those attacks stick and to do so he needs to try, try and try. So if you are an objective cycling fan you should support him doing this because he is one of the few who could save this stage race season from becoming a total bore. Question is are you objective or are you a sky fanboy?

Edit: you realize the reason why the attacks won't stick is the skyborg train? Don't blame the attackers, blame skyborg.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It is just outrageous. If Contador had win the stage going solo, sure, some discontent would have been in the clinic, but in general most people would have been happy, but it is allegedly normal. Sky demonstrated a brilliant piece of team effort, enviable self-possession and fantastic attack on the last kilometer. However, instead of admitting this, people prefer to make some strange conclusion about 'objective fans' and 'sky fanboys'.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, a Contador fangirl saying that conveniently that an 'objective cycling fan' (ugh) should hope that Contador wins is a bit rich.

I'd rather see both Contador and Froome caught and banned for life.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Franklin said:
Dave, the guy not behind the wheel who "works out cycling".

Martin, I understand cycling is new for you, but this is good trolling stuff, my compliments ;)

No trolling, I entirely and genuinely believe this place is on the verge of going nuclear on this subject.

And as for new to cycling...you keep believing that. not like the Irish had anybody to follow on a bike before these new age Brits turned up...:eek:

Lanark said:
Yeah, a Contador fangirl saying that conveniently that an 'objective cycling fan' (ugh) should hope that Contador wins is a bit rich.

I'd rather see both Contador and Froome caught and banned for life.

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that for objective viewers it will at least be a bit exciting if other riders can put up a fight.

Can I ask you, do you want all cyclists banned for life? Who do you support?

airstream said:
It is just outrageous. If Contador had win the stage going solo, sure, some discontent would have been in the clinic, but in general most people would have been happy, but it is allegedly normal. Sky demonstrated a brilliant piece of team effort, enviable self-possession and fantastic attack on the last kilometer. However, instead of admitting this, people prefer to make some strange conclusion about 'objective fans' and 'sky fanboys'.

This is so true. I actually really enjoy seeing all the AC fans bit*h and cry about SKY for just this reason.

Also, this post is pretty spot on.

HiCadence said:
I watched the 2 hour highlights of this stage straight after live P-N action and came straight here to find the expected lol.

It's been fun reading the tears, accusations and "cycling is dead i'm quitting watching cycling forever" comments.

It seems like Sky working as a strong team to get Froome the win is proof that Sky are not legit but riders like Chris Horner, santambrogio and Kwiatowski are "Chapeau!" and "Fabulous fabulous ride!"

I think Sky have been working hard on there fitness and each rider knows what exactly needs to be done and each riders knows when to peel off and it seems they got there tactics spot on today with Froome putting in his own single attack at the right time tot ake this stage.

Unless you can provide some sort of proof that Sky are not legit suck it up and deal with it :p

Dazed and Confused said:
yes, ban dopers for life and then lets see what emerges from the rubble.

Of course we still need to get Hein and Phat removed to avoid having yet another US Postal/Sky farce emerging immediately afterwards.

I meant all cyclists sorry typing on my phone.

Lanark seems like the kind of guy who hates all cyclists because they're all dopers. a bit like sniper.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Vaughters is at it again with his human limit.

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters
RT @ammattipyoraily: @Vaughters Chris Froome: 38 min 22 sec, 22.75 Kph, VAM 1605 m/h, 5.93 W/kg....Once again, 5.9 w/kg.

So now it is credible to ride at TdF speeds in March? With one race in the legs? JV is losing it...

May 12, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that for objective viewers it will at least be a bit exciting if other riders can put up a fight.

Can I ask you, do you want all cyclists banned for life? Who do you support?

If other rider put up a fight it means the doping arms race has escalated even more. Again, I'd rather see the obvious culprits caught than the rest doping up to the same level as them.

There were some encouraging signs the last couple of years that cycling was going in the right direction, but last year the wattages have gone up again, and this year Sky seems to go only faster. I hope the other teams don't go, as TheHog puts it, full genius as well.

Who do I support? There are no individual riders that I'm a huge fan of, I just love cycling, I don't have to support a single guy to enjoy a race.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

RT @ammattipyoraily: @Vaughters Chris Froome: 38 min 22 sec, 22.75 Kph, VAM 1605 m/h, 5.93 W/kg....Once again, 5.9 w/kg.

So now it is credible to ride at TdF speeds in March? With one race in the legs? JV is losing it...

Vaughters nailed his colours to the Sky mast a long time ago. He will look stupid to change that opinion now and it also would question Wiggin's performance at Garmin.

That Vaughters uses this argument to prove cleanliness shows where Vaughter's true thoughts on cycling lie. Only few can reach such efforts.
That Sky seem to have a big pool of such riders doesn't seem strange to Vaughters?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:

If Contador won, harldy anyone would bat an eyelid. Contador is a doper.

He doesn't have a 'zero tolerance' policy nor is he transparent and he spoke positively about Armstrong after he was stripped of his results from Aug 1998.

Big difference to those who follow the sport with their eyes and minds open.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Pentacycle said:

So I just watched that last little bit.

If Froome was riding at his limit
1. he would not have been able to attack
2. he would have crossed the line like they do when they're clearly at the end of their rope

clearly neither of these is true.

Froome was riding within himself at 5.9W/kg. No problemo. And had plenty of energy at the finish line for celebrations.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cyivel said:
Would be interested in seeing what Froomedog could do if they let him off the leash.

hrotha said:
Hence the constant looking at the power meter. Can't make it mathematically too ridiculous.

I wonder if they had no power meters to watch would the margins be bigger. Probably.

TRENDING THREADS