• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
SuperWiggo said:
Incorrect. Wiggins' first mountain showing was in the 2005 Tour de l’Avenir, where he won the mountain top finish. First win as a pro.
no, that was the breakaway with saul raisin. was not a selective stage

SuperWiggo

BANNED
Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
blackcat said:
no, that was the breakaway with saul raisin. was not a selective stage

I don't understand what you mean. He won a mountain stage. His first win as a pro. You have to be very strong climber to hold off the roaring peloton at the end of a breakaway. I think it was a great shame Wiggins did not focus on the road much earlier.

ADDS: In his first year focusing purely on the road, we saw the talent he has.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
SuperWiggo said:
I don't understand what you mean. He won a mountain stage. His first win as a pro. You have to be very strong climber to hold off the roaring peloton at the end of a breakaway. I think it was a great shame Wiggins did not focus on the road much earlier.

ADDS: In his first year focusing purely on the road, we saw the talent he has.
see his quotes in 2006 about his 2007 goals. all road. all the time.

decidedly mediocre

SuperWiggo

BANNED
Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
blackcat said:

decidedly mediocre

Just not true. Of course he was now a road pro so talked about how he's now doing road as well, but his main focus was the Beijing Olympics on the track, and the world champions track meet before it. To be a tour winner of any size you have to focus entirely on the road. You can't go off and do another sport for half the year. Be serious.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
tumblr_lyufmmtn711qdddnho1_500.jpg

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't as funny as your comment before about 'caring' about cycling. You Irish removed McQuack yet? That's what I thought...you don't care at all. Actions speak louder than words.

Yes, actually, we did, more or less. Hence why he scadaddled to Switzerland. WTF has your country done, while we're about it.

And really, Ho, you want another month's ban for your bigotry? I don't know what you're problem is with 'the Irish' and I don't really care, but keep it to yourself. Clinic's a place for all sorts, but not racists and bigots.

Oh and if your claim was that cycling is learning from swimming you're right. You really aren't smart at all. Who was involved with team Thorpe? You favourite team's Tim Kerrison, who has shown that yes, swimming 'tricks' really do rub off onto cyclists! Great play champ! Great play! Now get back to drafting that letter asking for McQuack's head on a platter for us will you?

You're jokin' right? My support biases are pretty well defined, and not what you seem to think.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Sigh. Facepalm.

Absolutely pathetic.

It didn't take long for Galic Ho to have another pop at the Irish and generalise it's people due to McQuaid.

I never knew that was going to happen.:rolleyes:

blackcat said:

decidedly mediocre

The difference was that he was a foodie lover & beer guzzler at that time:D. Hence no marginal gains. But once he started on a diet maintaining weight <=70 he started to get results though 2012 was extreme, marginally of course:rolleyes:.
Of course there are psychological mind games as well(See Giro 2013 for proof:D). He needs a full support structure around him who constantly boost his morale which he didn't have before.
Froome is however an underdawg.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Everyone chill please. Thanks.

Sorry, Red. But seriously, the guy's barely back after a long ban for the most outrageous bigotry, and straight away he tries to start it up again, albeit a lower level. There's clearly an issue there, but what the hell it is I couldn't tell you.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I love this guy. He's not the elephant in the room, he's the donkey with the giant hypodermic needle in his **** zipping about the peloton.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It's a shame we have rarely seen Froome do a full effort. The way he dropped Contador in those flat last 500 meter showed he had a lot left in the tank. Last year's Tour was the same, where he had to wait for Wiggins. I'd love to see him attack with 6k to go on the Ventoux or Alpe, to see a real maximum effort from him. I think he's capable of much more.

TRENDING THREADS