• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lanark said:
It's a shame we have rarely seen Froome do a full effort. The way he dropped Contador in those flat last 500 meter showed he had a lot left in the tank. Last year's Tour was the same, where he had to wait for Wiggins. I'd love to see him attack with 6k to go on the Ventoux or Alpe, to see a real maximum effort from him. I think he's capable of much more.
Ain't gonna happen. He'd go way above his allowed W/kg limit.

Zam_Olyas said:
Good thing that i avoid the race today.

You missed Mick :cool:

Lanark said:
It's a shame we have rarely seen Froome do a full effort. The way he dropped Contador in those flat last 500 meter showed he had a lot left in the tank. Last year's Tour was the same, where he had to wait for Wiggins. I'd love to see him attack with 6k to go on the Ventoux or Alpe, to see a real maximum effort from him. I think he's capable of much more.

He probably had another 10 seconds in him if he went full anti-Cobo mode when he caught Contador.

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Lanark said:

No need to hand in a blatant positive test.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely right. He could have destroyed everybody today. Its clear he has so much gas left at the end. He nearly dropped Contador on the flat section at the end there for god's sake. What could he do if he really went full genius style at the foot of the mountain?

I hope at least once during the Tour we see him attack at the bottom of a climb and that he gives it full gas. That way I can stop listening to these, he only pulled 5.5 W/kg, he only dropped so and so for 1 minute blah blah blah nonsense. He'll make Contador look like a chump pulling Pantani style times and not even the Sky Boys Choir will show to deny the obvious.

Sadly though I think the Sky train is too measured for that. Its plain as day as it is to those that have seen it all before. But to some there is plausible deniability. Show us what is really in the tank and that pocket of deniability disappears.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
You missed Mick :cool:

He probably had another 10 seconds in him if he went full anti-Cobo mode when he caught Contador.

Let us all hope that UCI and the AFLD join forces and find whatever the anorexia thin Froome is on.

I'm getting sick watching him. Even more ridiculous that Porte who had worked all the way up the mountain comes back and now i second.

The greed of that team is incredibly.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Lanark said:

Agreed 100%.

We need to sabotage wireless SRM Ant+ transmission and send a fully doped up rider with good GC position up the road after the halfway point of a MTF stage.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Sky isn't riding to the numbers because they're afraid they'll go into the red, they're afraid that it'll be plainly obvious that they're doped to the gills. Froome literally makes me sick.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Agreed 100%.

We need to sabotage wireless SRM Ant+ transmission and send a fully doped up rider with good GC position up the road after the halfway point of a MTF stage.

So any number of Vini Fantini riders then. I'm not sure they outsource their climbing skills though.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to see Froome go full genius on the Alpe. Could he actually threaten Pantani's and Armstrong's times? Surely they're out of reach even for teh dawg.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Vaughter's sees Sky as The Empire (star wars) so who can be the Skywalker to defeat them?

To be fair he lifted that offa Millar in the Tour last year when he tweeted a picture of the Sky team bus and referred to it as the Death Star

Moose McKnuckles said:
It is precisely because of the success of the biopassport in cleaning up cycling and getting rid of the drug cheats that Chris Froome finally has a chance to show his real talent as a clean cyclist.

Tongue in cheek? Don't forget superior training methods, tactical supremacy, panache, warming down, marginal gains, etc etc zzzzz

Looking forward to watching the clinic implode with apoplexy later on ;)

P.S. Great win, Chris :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Froome has always been a great climber. That video of him zig-zagging was a product of shoddy camera work. Inexcusable, really.

That was just Froome as Anakin Skywalker in his shoddy podracer. Since he went to the dark side, he has become so powerful he rules from death star.

TRENDING THREADS