• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Could some1 do calculations for froome 32 minutes up madone?

I'm not sure how you do it but for reference 'In 1999, Armstrong recorded a time of 30:45 mins, six years later Tom Danielson broke this record by 23 seconds.' The record was 31.30 until Armstrong beat it.

spalco said:
I think that's actually a wonderful picture, showing what a humble gentleman Froome is.

And I'm not being sarcastic about this. Can you imagine a universe where Wiggins or Evans would ever do something like this regardless of their position in the GC?

It is true that Froome's transformation is hard to believe, but I think he's a good guy, and there's at least a possibility his explanations could be realistic, and for that reason I support him.

Making fun of Froome because of things like this, or his cris-crossing on that stage in whatever race it was (I don't remember), after attacking out of the front doesn't add to your arguments that he's a doper imo.

What exactly was Froome giving up at the time? He was just doing what all the low level domestiques, like he was, do multiple times per season without getting much, if any, praise for their humbleness and gentlemanliness.

burning said:
According to this site: http://rst.mp-all.de/bergauf.htm
Profile from: http://www.climbbybike.com/profile/Col_de_la_Madone_profile.jpg

461.8 Watt Gesamtleistung

6.6 Watt pro Kg Körpergewicht

I used 69 kg for Froome (Took from sky website) 8 kg for bike and stuff

What would that translate too in a 60 minute effort? I really don't know how this calculations work :eek:

Parrulo said:
What exactly was Froome giving up at the time? He was just doing what all the low level domestiques, like he was, do multiple times per season without getting much, if any, praise for their humbleness and gentlemanliness.

Nothing, but so what? Can you imagine any scenario where Valverde would ever give his bike to Quinatana? Ever?

Anyway, it's mocking Froome for this that bothers me.

Parrulo said:

What would that translate too in a 60 minute effort? I really don't know how this calculations work :eek:

Btw, his w/kg is 6.69 not 6.6
It should be around 6.3-6.4 w/kg for a 60 minute effort according to the Vayer's book

Valverde worked his *** off for Costa last year at the tour de suisse and without him Costa would have lost the race. So yes i can imagine him working for someone else/ giving him his bike.

However that situation hardly ever happens because Valverde is, and always has been his team leader and not a low level/pack fodder domestique like Froome was pre 2011 Vuelta. What you should be asking is "Can you imagine *insert low level domestique name here* giving his bike to *insert team leader name here*? Ever"

For which my response would be " yes, i can."

Parrulo said:
So above the "human limit". Told us by the man himself!!!!

I'm waiting for a host of users claiming Froome was just bragging and lying or perhaps he was chased up by a tropical cyclone.

250px-TropicalStormFranklin05.jpg

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
Administrator actively joins Froome hater dome. Where the forum goes to? :confused:

Having lived in Nice for four years, I rode it many times as well. The record of 31:30 stood for many years, until in 1999 when I broke it with a 30:47. For me, the Madone is the ultimate test. It always tells me if I'm ready - ready to ride fast and ultimately, win the Tour de France. It never fails."

If you think a clean Dawg can do that climb in 32 minutes then youre so delusional that you should probably get banned for trolling.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:
If you think a clean Dawg can do that climb in 32 minutes then youre so delusional that you should probably get banned for trolling.

are you ok? a rider will dope to beat a fictional record a climb which is not important for anyone?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:

Who are you quoting sceptic? who did it at 30:47 min?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
roundabout said:
No.

Armstrong in his record breaking days on the Madone did something like 490 watts. Depending on his weight that was about 6.7 w/kg

Froome was over a minute slower.

So it was armstrong he's quoting. One minute slower than armstrong on full dope, seems legit :eek:

Race Radio said:
It is certainly possible Sky are doping. But so far we have seen none of what we saw 10 years ago

No teammates, staff, or wives talking about doping
No bags of drugs and syringes being found
No positives
No 6.8 w/kg
No Ferrari......sorry, Leinders does not come close Ferrari
No Bruyneel

It is understandable that Walsh, and others, take this position.

I don't often post on this forum anymore but this post in particular I couldn't let go. Line one - false.
Line three - time will show why.
Line Four - so just because one doping doctor is not as well known as another, that makes it ok.
Line five - Brailsford.

I am disgusted that you went after Lance with such vigour, yet are willing to come out with this stuff...is being friends with him, Porte, Walsh and others that important to you that you are not willing to tell it as it is?
So much of what you say is like the echo of JV...time will show what went on at Sky.
I am glad people like Kimmage still want questions asked and why they have doubts.

roundabout said:
No.

Armstrong in his record breaking days on the Madone did something like 490 watts. Depending on his weight that was about 6.7 w/kg

Froome was over a minute slower.

Same site gives for Lance's data (75 kg 30:47)

517.6 Watt Gesamtleistung
6.9 Watt pro Kg Körpergewicht

So the website's calculation is wrong or I found a wrong profile for the climb
(I remember that someone got Rogers' wattage in Joux Plane with very little error with that link)

burning said:
Same site gives for Lance's data (75 kg 30:37)

521.4 Watt Gesamtleistung
6.9 Watt pro Kg Körpergewicht

So the website's calculation is wrong or I found a wrong profile for the climb
(I remember that someone got Rogers' wattage in Joux Plane with very little error with that link)

Armstrong data is from Armstrong himself. It's 491 or 495 watts. Can't recall which.

TRENDING THREADS