• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
airstream said:
Do you find yourself witty? Rather you show how you are ridiculous. My opinion is handled by posters I need it to be taken. Gonna hate Froome further? Good luck with that. But it doesn't give you positive emotions.

You've gotta read, my friend. I've actually said I like Froome ... several times I've said this. Seems like a nice guy.

My post to you was not an attempt at wit. It was providing feedback :D

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Lanark said:
I agree with this. Personally, I don't doubt for one second that Froome and the rest of Sky's top dogs are doping. Personally I take their results as one big joke. But that doesn't stop me from watching the Dauphiné, because I've been watching (and have been aware of that) fairy tales for the last 15 years.

I feel that a lot (although there are always genuine exceptions, we all know people like Hrotha, Libertine or the Hitch are intellectually honest) of resentment against Froome is because he is the first rider since 2007 who is actually better than forum favorite Contador. When I look at Froome dropping Contador I don't see that as some crime against humanity, I'm just sad that Contador isn't serving a lifetime ban already. and that Froome isn't caught. Discussions about the 'real' talent of athletes reveal nothing except the preference of the people debating.

More in the area of speculation, although I don't believe the peloton is even remotely clean, I don't think the gains to be had by doping are that huge that you can overcome great differences in talent (assuming all top riders are doping to the limit that tests allow them, a fair assumption). When I see Wiggins and Froome, I mostly see guys who started on the big programs fairly late in life, Wiggins because he was clowning around in a undeveloped section of the sport where you can probably win clean (track) untill he became a road star, Froome because he was desperate at the end of a contract. A lot of other top riders (Nibali, Contador, Valverde etc.) only look more legit because they started doping at a much earlier age, not because they are cleaner.

I can't wait for Sky to get caught, especially their holier than thou act is sickening. But if the only result of them getting caught is that guys like Contador and Nibali win, I don't think we're one step closer to a clean of believable peloton.

I just rad you post and more or less agree to what you say. The only question is. Who are the clean rider to support and want to see win the Tour.

Is it another Sky rider or a young french rider. I just don't know Do you ?

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Vaughters came in here yesterday thinking Froome could do a sub '39 on the Alpe, and he is okay with that. That is bad. The best climbers pre-O2vector stuff couldnt even benchmark 42 minutes I believe.

Yeah I saw the JV post too. Surprising really he thinks that a 39 on the Alpe could be done clean. Herreras did 41,50 I think - I'm assuming he was clean, so with new equipment and training methods a freak talent should be able to knock a minute off that (at the end of a long stage in the third week of the tour no less). Being from Colombia Herreras had the natural dope of course. Anything under 40 mins in the tour for Froome and for me that is all the proof I need.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
So Froome is saying: everyone was doping and because they stopped now, we can win because we have always been that much better (but clean)

pretty much he said, I guess doping was suddenly eradicated since 2011 Vuelta? LMAO

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Well that is the only statement he can say. Otherwise, if he said some people are still doping to the guts, and you still beat those dopers by quite some margin. So what that makes of you Froom?:D

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
From BBC Sport '"It's a positive test for the Tour de France," he said. "I'll do everything to win it as well. We've good reason to be confident with such a great team."

Freudian slip?

maxmartin said:
pretty much he said, I guess doping was suddenly eradicated since 2011 Vuelta? LMAO

Everybody doped until August 28th 2011. Then they all stopped, to a man. That's why Froome was a nobody until then but destroyed the péloton from that date onwards.

The differences in his times set on various climbs, time trial speeds and so on are irrelevant to this discussion.

Edit:

Thomas Frei ‏@thomasfrei 13m

I'll say to the people who don't believe, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. *then link to the article in question*

see if he (considering he is riding for team 100% honesty who answer every question thrown at them) came out and said - look, i understand it looks suspicious considering the history of the sport and i understand unfortunately some who have watched it for a number of years dont believe me, but I think things have changed and... (explanation for performance increase) etc.

Then maybe 1 could believe him.

But the generic "I am proof that its clean" that so many have used before without even an attempt to confront the suspicion.

If you are clean why wouldnt you be honest about it:confused:

Why? Whats stopping you coming out and telling things how they are.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
see if he (considering he is riding for team 100% honesty who answer every question thrown at them) came out and said - look, i understand it looks suspicious considering the history of the sport and i understand unfortunately some who have watched it for a number of years dont believe me, but I think things have changed and... (explanation for performance increase) etc.

Then maybe 1 could believe him.

But the generic "I am proof that its clean" that so many have used before without even an attempt to confront the suspicion.

If you are clean why wouldnt you be honest about it:confused:

Why? Whats stopping you coming out and telling things how they are.

This. It's like when Wiggins came out with his foul mouthed rant. If he had calmly and serenely said 'I'm a clean rider, I've never doped' people may have just believed.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
So if froome is losing again, the other ones are doping?

Aslong as sky keeps winning clean cycling will prevail, how can someone possibly defend this team? At least do it like movistar :D

I really hope Contador destroys him in le tour, clean cycling won't prevail then. I bet the british newspaper will be all like "DOPER CONTADOR BEAT CLEAN FROOME"

Why are these ****ing journalists not asking better questions? Take a look at this forum and you've questions that might even expose him.

LS had a great post putting forward all the facts, is it that ****ing hard journalists?

I think that if froome wins the tour, i'll lose a lot of interest in the race. Not just cause contador lost but it'll really set a pattern. Hopefully someone can stop them.

The guy was dropping everybody today with 2 fingers in his nose.....And he says clean cycling is prevailing????

What a ****ing joke.

TRENDING THREADS