• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
More importantly what's going on with the heads at Team Sky?

Podium.jpg

I know Porte and Dawg are friends but they've got to stop sharing HGH.

I think they've both become 'mutant'.

You're such a nineties man Hoggy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Joseph_Gall
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology
Yep 1790s;)

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Aint that simple. Idiots with a keyboard may go up in uproar at a doper beating froome. But the British Media has spent the last 11 months making the case that cycling is 100% clean now. Thats the proof that froome and wiggins are clean. Cycling is clean. We dont see the super performances anymore we dont see europeans winning the TDF we dont see positive tests etc.

That would be the best thing about Contador winning. it would destroy the entire narrative. They want to in 10 years say - Wiggins/ Evans was the beginning of the clean era.

If Contador wins its gonna look a lot more awkward saying - 2012 was a clean year, then 2013 was doping again but 2014 onwards was clean again.

From the little I've read, the 'party line' in the british media seems to be something along the lines of Berti WAS dirty as hell, and won't be allowed to forget it, but since his ban he's had to clean up, and become again a decent TTer instead of a monster, and still a top climber, which he 'naturally' is.

Plus, to be fair, it neatly fits the Cycling was dirty, but it's now clean line...

Oddly, i do suspect Berti is clean now, or rather cleaner - if only for fear of a life ban.

ToreBear said:

When Wiggland colonised Australia they'd use phrenology as the means test for entry.

People with big or odd shaped heads were sent to the fields. Those with smaller or normal shaped heads became Doctors or lawyers.

When the White Austalia policy was introduced they used it to bar people from entering. And for taking black children from their families and placing them with white people.

A sorry tale.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The british fans and other people that dont follow cycling too closely will always think Contador is a fraud since he tested positive, and how can anyone even cheer for a cheater like him? Froome is of course clean since he is of the new generation and never tested positive.

Proof: see comments in Froome vs Contador article.

the sceptic said:
The british fans and other people that dont follow cycling too closely will always think Contador is a fraud since he tested positive, and how can anyone even cheer for a cheater like him? Froome is of course clean since he is of the new generation and never tested positive.

Proof: see comments in Froome vs Contador article.

Well sadly we can be as sure of Contador's doping past as we always could be of Armstrong's, you don't beat a heavily doped peleton clean.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Aint that simple. Idiots with a keyboard may go up in uproar at a doper beating froome. But the British Media has spent the last 11 months making the case that cycling is 100% clean now. Thats the proof that froome and wiggins are clean. Cycling is clean. We dont see the super performances anymore we dont see europeans winning the TDF we dont see positive tests etc.

That would be the best thing about Contador winning. it would destroy the entire narrative. They want to in 10 years say - Wiggins/ Evans was the beginning of the clean era.

If Contador wins its gonna look a lot more awkward saying - 2012 was a clean year, then 2013 was doping again but 2014 onwards was clean again.

People that think like that need to watch a couple races outside of July.

It would be pretty great to see Contador win just to see these guys's reactions. :D

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes if Contador somehow destroyed Froome that would be great

Or another Ricco/Rasmussen shows up and makes Dawg go full gas

Or Froome destroys everyone and Contador gets popped again. I wonder how the skybots would spin that one

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
When I see people talking about foreheads and jawlines I can't help but think I'm in the wrong forum at times.

And before people think I'm generalising the clinic, I'm not. Far from it. Just a select few where it offers nothing constructive to the discussion.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
gooner said:
When I see people talking about foreheads and jawlines I can't help but think I'm in the wrong forum at times.

And before people think I'm generalising the clinic, I'm not. Far from it. Just a select few where it offers nothing constructive to the discussion.

you are welcome to leave, nobody forced you to participate in the discussion. Just because you think the discussion does not have valid point, it does not mean the discussion itself does not have the valid point. LOL

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
maxmartin said:
you are welcome to leave, nobody forced you to participate in the discussion. Just because you think the discussion does not have valid point, it does not mean the discussion itself does not have the valid point. LOL

It has no point, zilch in fact and I will express that if I want to.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Wasnt there a thread about this? i think it would be better if the discussion went it there,then it would be easier to ignore for those that dont want to read about it.

the sceptic said:
Wasnt there a thread about this? i think it would be better if the discussion went it there,then it would be easier to ignore for those that dont want to read about it.

Shut down.

Contador's head

Facial disfiguration due to the overuse of doping products is a medical condition.

That and yellow eyes are really the only tell tail signs outside of performance.

(And track marks)

Miburo said:
They will definitely mention his doping past the whole time and the fact that he's working with Riis. Clean cycling ok but they are always rotten apples like santambrogio. That will be their reasoning.

Did they ever write about leinders? besides that guy in your sig. If froome gets defeated by whoever it is, cyclingnews posters will all be in shutdown for a week cause of drinking themself into a coma.

The guy in my sig is a paisan of Kimmage and writes for the scotsman (not an english media outlet, nor is it very big;))

Lienders was mentioned on a few occasions in the mainstream media here in articles about chicken's confession but always towards the end and always with the qualifier that sky had fired him and he had done nothing there.

Eg headline - rasmussen admits to doping, lienders would be introduced in the 3rd paragraph then in the 6th there would be a line - Lienders worked temporarily for sky but was not involved in their TDF winning squad.

I forgot to mention though that some wiggins ultra loyalists (who bought into the hate of froome as the enemy of wiggins) will be cheering for Contador. It remains to be seen though whether this is like Clinton fans in 2008, a disagreement that dies down come the 11th hour or not.

I can't help but think that the peloton as a whole is cleaner than in the past, as the risks for the average rider are too great. There is too much organization (and money) required to keep up.

I also think it is true and understood that you cannot make the leap to or remain in the upper echelons of the support without enhancement. This puts some of the younger riders at a distinct disadvantage if they start clean, but then have ambitions to challenge the likes of Alberto or Andy. You cannot podium a GT without assistance, but cannot transition to advanced performance enhancement without attracting attention.

For some reason, Sky doesn't share this fear of attracting attention, instead elevating the entire A team to GT prominence.

Froome seems no different to me than Santa, except that he has an alibi with his parasite. I wonder if the Sky recruiting policy includes screening for a semi-believable backstory to account for the new cycling reality? Or perhaps they know they are protected?

JimmyFingers said:
The Giro I watched had Nibali look in control from the off, never had an off day, immense in both TTs and very comfortable in the mountains, whatever the gradient.

The only time Sky vaguely put a dent in him was the TTT, and maybe Uran's breakaway stage win. There he dropped Wiggins of course.
Hold on, I think I saw a similar performance once...

Oh, that's right, last year.

At the TdF.

From Sky.

But that's nothing to have reservations about at all apparently :rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Hold on, I think I saw a similar performance once...

Oh, that's right, last year.

At the TdF.

From Sky.

But that's nothing to have reservations about at all apparently :rolleyes:

Err, was I expressing reservations about Nibali? Did I infer Sky's ride was clean and his was doped? Classic clinic strawman, twist something into something else to suit your own agenda. Leave my words alone, if you can't fully understand or comprehend my meaning don't quote and misrepresent me.

Look at the post I was replying to, and read it in context FFS

JimmyFingers said:
Err, was I expressing reservations about Nibali? Did I infer Sky's ride was clean and his was doped? Classic clinic strawman, twist something into something else to suit your own agenda. Leave my words alone, if you can't fully understand or comprehend my meaning don't quote and misrepresent me.

Look at the post I was replying to, and read it in context FFS
Apologies, was commenting on Walsh's stance - concern that Nibali may not be above board, yet Wiggins and Froome's near identical performance (while soundly defeating Nibali) at the TdF doesn't even warrant a second glance.

Him of all people should know what he is looking at and reacting objectively, especially after what happened with Roche and Kelly in his early days. Disappointing.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Apologies, was commenting on Walsh's stance - concern that Nibali may not be above board, yet Wiggins and Froome's near identical performance (while soundly defeating Nibali) at the TdF doesn't even warrant a second glance.

Him of all people should know what he is looking at and reacting objectively, especially after what happened with Roche and Kelly in his early days. Disappointing.

I really appreciate the apologies, I do get a bit wound up when I feel I being misrepresented. I generally try not to throw accusations around, preferring to give the riders the benefit of the doubt. I agree Nibali's domination was very similar to Sky's last year, and if you question one you must question the other.

TRENDING THREADS