• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 76 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
How is your post any bit less childish?

And Froome is the ugliest thing I have ever seen on a bike.

How he looks is completely irrelevant to the discussion here. I'm tired of people just coming here to insult or mock riders, demonstrates they're less interested in whether rider is doping or not but just in expressing their own personal bias against certain riders and calling them names.

Would have hoped you would have recognised that. Shame

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
:cool:
horsinabout said:
Froome may have wiped the floor with those two guy's, but he is the ugliest S.O.B I have ever seen pushing pedal. And he looks like his saddle is too low?

Just think you might have to put up with Froome winning the Tour for the next seven years .....enjoy. Natural talent my a*se!

Now this is how to attack in style.......... and look who he is leaving behind on the melting tarmac.

Sprinters muscles too - extra :cool:

http://youtu.be/l39ahBFGnuk

JimmyFingers said:
How he looks is completely irrelevant to the discussion here. I'm tired of people just coming here to insult or mock riders, demonstrates they're less interested in whether rider is doping or not but just in expressing their own personal bias against certain riders and calling them names.

Would have hoped you would have recognised that. Shame
But this on the other hand is very mature?
JimmyFingers said:
I hope he does win all those tours and you have to stare at him the entire time.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:

He looks so awkward on the bike that it is pretty surprising how he can ride so fast.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
But this on the other hand is very mature?

Yeah why not, it was a response to his childish post. It gets to point when you hear the constant sneering and mocking of Sky riders you start to enjoy them winning and saying things like Froome has recently because it winds up posters like horsin even more. If they dealt with their bias maturely I'd engage them in a different way.

At the end of the day a riders suplesse or panache has no relevance to whether he dopes or not, so isn't a subject for the clinic. If you take umbrage at that, or a picture of him smoking on holiday, or wearing a dodgy suit, or what his girlfriend says on Twitter, or his nationality, or how his team rides a race, or the fact he turns up at award shows with celebrity pals, vent your spleen in the road forum, or on Twitter.

If the clinic is for serious discussion of doping then discussions should be along those lines, not for example, posting a picture of a rider falling off his bike. Hilarious it may be, but totally irrelevant it certainly is, and I feel the modding should reflect that.

The shame is the mods virtually to a man enjoy that sort of trolling and often actively participate. The clue is in the word: you moderate discussions, you don't inflame by taking sides, as Parrulo and others are wont to do.

Not all directed at you btw: you are a chap I respect even though we don't always see eye to eye.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
OMG, is that so important how he looks on the bike? It affects on his perfomance directly? can dislike be explain with pure 'how he looks on bike'. No.

Seems to me, not the most aesthetic and ergonomic style only underlines how strong Froome is. There's a beast power inside of him.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Who are you to decide for witch reasons one have for disliking certain riders?

Witch?........you mean which? Your Danish, my spelling would be worse in Danish lol:). You see English language has same sounding words spelt different for different meanings - and it's a right pain.

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ripper said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So you've seen him training while he's supposedly been suffering?

Do tell more ...

Winning a 200km TTT in South Africa, end of 2010 after his trip to Kenya where he's supposed to have picked it up. His team were grey-faced and cited Froome's efforts at the front as the reason. I've raced with a few of the guys on the team. Anyways, he was far from ill at that race.

Why did the Bilharzia story only emerge in 2011 post-Vuelta? Like some kind of backdated TUE? It's a serious disease and if he'd had it, we'd have heard about it before then.

horsinabout said:
Witch?........you mean which? Your Danish, my spelling would be worse in Danish lol:). You see English language has same sounding words spelt different for different meanings - and it's a right pain.
It did look wrong when I spelled it, but I didn't bother looking up the right spelling :p

Thanks for the correction though :)

TRENDING THREADS