• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:
The Bilharzia is a dead end. Unless you're privy to all info in Froome's medical journal, which we're not, it'll be just speculation. BUT, you can be sure of one thing: his medical condition, treatment etc. is meticulously recorded and open for close scrutiny by relevant authorities.

On the 9th of June his girlfriend had offered to email the records to some nutter on twitter. He's also asking for TUEs and power files.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Froome right now has some pretty awkward technique. He TTs like a tarantula on a bike, and he's all arms and legs at odd angles. But he's strong enough that that doesn't matter, he can still beat those who are more efficient than him. I know you have at least some rudimentary knowledge of wintersports - think of a skier like Tora Berger, all jumping and snow splattered all over the place with high intensity and fast turnover, versus the much more elegant, refined technique of Darya Domracheva. Dasha uses far less energy than Tora, and goes faster. Froome is like if Tora just never ran out of energy and just kept charging past the Domrachevas of the world as if they were standing still.

Sorry, but Froome rides for Sky and has been riding for Sky for close to 4 years now. I guarantee you that his technique does not hinder him whatsoever.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
A Procycling interview of his from last year

Indeed I agree with what you write and that is why both myself and JV have suggested the reasoning behind Froome's rise could not be solely the removal of the Bilharzia.

But have you looked deep into his eyes and asked him if he is clean?

Froome19 said:
A Procycling interview of his from last year

Indeed I agree with what you write and that is why both myself and JV have suggested the reasoning behind Froome's rise could not be solely the removal of the Bilharzia. Rather it was his learning how to ride, I just ride of his travails in the 08 Tour from an interview afterwards from Corti who said that Froome was feeling great on the Le Alpe, yet was offered 10 gels which was standard only took one and then bonked.... an example of what I mean and I could give you plenty more.

As I have provided in the past, Julich simply said he could not translate his figures in training to the real thing - because he could not ride properly. So he improved that asset of his riding throughout the 2010-11 off season and then the season with Julich as Julich himself said and then we should have seen the jump he was capable off, unfortunately it was hindered by the Bilharzia so we only saw it when the Bilharzia was removed in 2011 Vuelta.

Froome believes he got it when he went to Kenya for a friend's wedding.

Good to see this thread with some new content.

I'm not following.

Are you saying he had Badzhilla for all that time prior to the 2011 Vuelta? and that what was slowing him down?

He rode and completed GT's with this disease?

Seriously?

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
I'm not following.

Are you saying he had Badzhilla for all that time prior to the 2011 Vuelta? and that what was slowing him down?

He rode and completed GT's with this disease?

Seriously?

so yes it leaves you weakened but it may have been possible to complete GTs with the disease. It would have been a battle, a top form Froome struggled greatly in California due to the disease so it would have been a close run thing. Once again a rudimentary knowledge, but yeh.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, now it is a shot?

And takes six weeks?

Do explain how he had treatment [big pills] in the midst of this januari and rocks from 11 februari in Oman.

Cool stories. I hope that dude from E.T. reads here.

Or, is he just a pick from Hein:
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/g...bjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NzcxMTU&LangId=1

Nah, couldnt be.

For schistosomiasis, the dose is 20 milligrams/kilogram by mouth every 4–6 hours for one day, or injected in one shot.
Effect lasts for six months! Ain't modern pharmacology a treat?

Froome19 said:
Sorry, but Froome rides for Sky and has been riding for Sky for close to 4 years now. I guarantee you that his technique does not hinder him whatsoever.

Team Marginal Gains didn't think to put him in a wind tunnel until this year though, which is pretty surprising since that's been part of teams' TT training for years. Obviously whatever they used instead was working. But I assume the wind tunnel was one of the eight million things they hyped about themselves at inception, since Marc Madiot drew attention to the fact that he didn't have to put out a press release about using them.

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:
He's not my boy. He's Team Sky's. There're no certainties in cycling making anybody really, really sure that one single result today is a guarantee of future results. Too many parameters, too much chance involved, and the last few percentages separating the gofer and the one he goes for makes this game extremely hard to predict. I can name a few dozen riders off-hand who were just as promising as the stars, but who ultimately failed in making the cut. I'm sure you can too.

I don't know what the statistics are and can't go through the whole peloton, BUT, in an endurance sport like cycling, which takes special genetics to truly become an exceptional competitor, childhood success is the norm.

Cavendish comes to mind. So does Sagan. Sagan was a freak long before he was old enough to wrap his head around the concept of doping. Barring injury or some other mishap that guy will be the next greatest of all time.

Froome19 said:
so yes it leaves you weakened but it may have been possible to complete GTs with the disease. It would have been a battle, a top form Froome struggled greatly in California due to the disease so it would have been a close run thing. Once again a rudimentary knowledge, but yeh.

You're a smart guy.

You're telling me for 3 years he rode without knowing he had it?

With all these symptoms?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/schistosomiasis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

And didn't know it?

And I thought you said the UCI conducted a drug test and found it? Wouldn't they have found it earlier?

More conspiracy theories on behalf of the Skybots.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Heckler said:
I don't know what the statistics are and can't go through the whole peloton, BUT, in an endurance sport like cycling, which takes special genetics to truly become an exceptional competitor, childhood success is the norm.

Cavendish comes to mind. So does Sagan. Sagan was a freak long before he was old enough to wrap his head around the concept of doping. Barring injury or some other mishap that guy will be the next greatest of all time.

Or Oscar Svendsen who won the U23 ITT at worlds last year, having posted the highest recorded O2-uptake ever measured. He's had a ****ty season so far this year, which kind-of illustrates my point. In cycling, putting two and two together rarely makes four.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
You're a smart guy.

You're telling me for 3 years he rode without knowing he had it?

With all these symptoms?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/schistosomiasis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

And didn't know it?

And I thought you said the UCI conducted a drug test and found it? Wouldn't they have found it earlier?

More conspiracy theories on behalf of the Skybots.

How do you know he had ALL those symptoms?
Have you read his journal?

hektoren said:
How do you know he had ALL those symptoms?
Have you read his journal?

I don't think Froome read his own journal!

He rode and completed GTs with any those symptoms and failed to tell anyone so it could be diagnosed?

Join the dots. Guy comes from Africa. Exhibits parasite like symptoms similar to those caught in Kenya.

You're right. Modern science is amazing not to pick it up! :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:
For schistosomiasis, the dose is 20 milligrams/kilogram by mouth every 4–6 hours for one day, or injected in one shot.
Effect lasts for six months! Ain't modern pharmacology a treat?
Lasts for six months? Great. Lets hope he doesnt get it in the midst of july then.

But good to see we have a doc in the room, you also do online medicals? ;)

Yes Froome19, search in the Guardian.

hektoren said:
Or Oscar Svendsen who won the U23 ITT at worlds last year, having posted the highest recorded O2-uptake ever measured. He's had a ****ty season so far this year, which kind-of illustrates my point. In cycling, putting two and two together rarely makes four.
I don't see why that's relevant, he has focused on finishing high school and will be aiming to hit top form in the latter part of the season.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
so Dawg is riding at the maximum human limit with this disease? lol

Oh, get a grip. I've got plenty of pathogenic bacteria in me right now. If I got lucky with the last woman of ill-repute I exchanged bodily fluids and monetary rewards with last week I've probably got a few antibiotic-resistant bacteria as well.
However, with a highly functional immune system, having been introduced to these bacterias previously in minute numbers, I'll probably be able to keep them in check and kill most of them. IF, however, I stress my immune system by travelling and introducing a host of new bacterias thereby, as well as stressing it further by putting in world-class work-outs, there'll be all kinds of hell in my undies tomorrow.

Think of the balance between disease and immune-system as an old set of scales. Load the immune-system scale with a lot of training and travel, and it will go down, and correspondingly the disease-scale will go up.

hektoren said:
Not the UCI, more like WADA.

Which explosion are you referring to? At the 2006 Worlds time trial, his very first outing on the world scene, he crashed with an official, yet managed to finish 36th, for chrissake. What does that tell you about his engine from get-go???

As for ever changing stories I can vividly remember the whispering-game of my childhood years. Make sure you know the original story. Just saying.

36th

:D :D

LMAO

wait no offense but where is the Dawg?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_UCI_Road_World_Championships_–_Men's_time_trial

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
I don't see why that's relevant, he has focused on finishing high school and will be aiming to hit top form in the latter part of the season.

It is relevant because performing well in cycling is down to a lot more factors than physical capacity. Tactical know-how, aligning all the bits and pieces that makes up a complete person's life making him/her perform at their optimum, equipment, nourishment, etc. etc. all factors that will have an impact on the end-result.

TRENDING THREADS