• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dalakhani said:
If they were providing us with a description of how they legitimately improved over the winter of 2011-2012 in the case of Wiggins, and just before the 2011 Vuelta in the case of Froome, I'm sure we'd find it fascinating.
Who said the following:

''Our team is too serious to be burdened with gratitious statements. There are no medicines used in our team except for a riders recuperation. It is the
well-runned organization, sophisticated programs, training camps,
team spirit, the titanium bikes that weigh two kilograms less than normal, in short, the serious attention for all parts of the trade
that has brought us our succes.''

Should be in the Brailsford Bible, dont you think so?

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
''Our team is too serious to be burdened with gratitious statements. There are no medicines used in our team except for a riders recuperation. It is the
well-runned organization, sophisticated programs, training camps,
team spirit, the titanium bikes that weigh two kilograms less than normal, in short, the serious attention for all parts of the trade that has brought us our succes.''

Someone clue me in to where I can get a ti bike that is 2 kg lighter. A 1 kg ti frame would be sweet.

Eriksen? Crisp? Mordor?

spalco said:
I'm not sure I said that exactly but if I did, I'll withdraw it, and still, if we don't know what a clean winner would say about doping, it's not logically correct to claim Froome's comments aren't what a clean winner would say either. ;)

Yes you can read into froomes comments. For one they tell us he is not someone committed to clean sport. For the sake of argument assuming he was clean it would be purely on a - why dope if i can crush anyone clean basis. He clearly doesn't give 2 ****s about whether the sport is actually clean because he makes no effort to help it in that direction (despite the immense power he has) since he just wants everyone to forget about doping and not talk about it rather than actually confronting it.

Anyway a normal clean winner (normal as in someone who possesses common sense) would not talk the way froome does. I don't know why you keep saying they would.

To offer an analogy if someone responded to all questions in a police investigation with - suck my ****, would you argue that we don't know how an innocent person would conduct themselves in such an interview?

The Hitch said:
To offer an analogy if someone responded to all questions in a police investigation with - suck my ****, would you argue that we don't know how an innocent person would conduct themselves in such an interview?

Surely if an innocent person were brought in for questioning time after time, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect at some point for them to become unco-operative?

Secondly, have you never seen an athlete lose their rag when presented with the same question over again? Even the most innocuous questions asked repeatedly, or at the wrong time or place can result in a backlash, never mind a question that is semi accusatory.

Froome could be doping, but this isn't evidence.

Benotti69 said:
Says the poster who swears that Boardman who rode and won during the darkest EPO days was clean:rolleyes:

I'm tired of explaining the meaning of my posts to you.
If English isn't your first language, then take a bit more time to comprehend what I am saying. If English is your first language, then I can't help you being a dimwit.

However, one last time....

LeMond wasn't unique. There were equally talented riders before, and after him.
Holding him up as the only rider capable of achieving what he did, clean, is bulls**t. Got it?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
andy1234 said:
If English isn't your first language, then take a bit more time to comprehend what I am saying. If English is your first language, then I can't help you being a dimwit.

Holding him up as the only rider capable of achieving what he did, clean, is bulls**t. Got it?
Cool - can you name some others, that did what LeMond did, clean?

The Hitch said:
Yes you can read into froomes comments. For one they tell us he is not someone committed to clean sport. For the sake of argument assuming he was clean it would be purely on a - why dope if i can crush anyone clean basis. He clearly doesn't give 2 ****s about whether the sport is actually clean because he makes no effort to help it in that direction (despite the immense power he has) since he just wants everyone to forget about doping and not talk about it rather than actually confronting it.

Anyway a normal clean winner (normal as in someone who possesses common sense) would not talk the way froome does. I don't know why you keep saying they would.

I know clean riders, and when you talk with them they dont wanted Lance banned Tours, or just to be always talking about doping, he talk about when his mates doped as normal, he just choose another way.

For me was quite amazing.

anyway froome has been always very clear and commited about doping in his statements, since Dueñas affair and later.

What he has to say in your opinion?

andy1234 said:

I agree on LeMond but it's also bull**** to claim that Boardman was clean.

andy1234 said:

Whoah. Steady there Andy - you've got a bee in your bonnet on this one. And made a rod for your own back. You are going to have a job on your hands justifying these claims. Good luck!

Taxus4a said:
I know clean riders, and when you talk with them they dont wanted Lance banned Tours, or just to be always talking about doping, he talk about when his mates doped as normal, he just choose another way.

For me was quite amazing.

anyway froome has been always very clear and commited about doping in jis statements, since Dueñas affair and later.

What he has to say in yor opinion?

A word to the wise Taxus...just stop it with this rubbish.

Dr. Maserati said:
Cool - can you name some others, that did what LeMond did, clean?

Riders who have won the tour since the 80s, and never been charged with doping. Hinault, Sastre, Evans and Wiggins.

Show me proof they were doping, and they can be removed from the list....

Unless you are engaging in your normal pedantry, in which case, no one has achieved EXACTLY what LeMond has.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
andy1234 said:
If English isn't your first language, then take a bit more time to comprehend what I am saying.

Riders who have won the tour since the 80s, and never been charged with doping. Hinault, Sastre, Evans and Wiggins.

Why is LeMond's performance held up by the likes of JV, Brailsford and all who proclaim cycling is cleanER as the bench mark of the peak of clean ability?

Evans clean, nope.

Wiggins, hahahahahahaha!!!!

Sastre, nope.

Hinault, nope.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
andy1234 said:

Unless you are engaging in your normal pedantry, in which case, no one has achieved EXACTLY what LeMond has.

Of course I am - so don't make up silly arguments.
You said they were other who are "similarly talented" - I was curious to see if you are comparing Froome & LeMond - because that would earn a Simple Jack

Benotti69 said:
Why is LeMond's performance held up by the likes of JV, Brailsford and all who proclaim cycling is cleanER as the bench mark of the peak of clean ability?

Evans clean, nope.

Wiggins, hahahahahahaha!!!!

Sastre, nope.

Hinault, nope.

LeMond may be held up as the peak of performance by some, but that does not make him unique.
He may be the clinic benchmark, but there are many athletes in many sports who have performance figures to match LeMonds....

If he can do it, so can others.
Of course that will probably upset you, but he's only human.

TRENDING THREADS