• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
BroDeal said:
That is disgusting. Skeletonized freaks is not a way to grow the sport.

This is what the bio-passport has done. It looks like with blood doping limited, riders have turned to crazy, probably doping assisted, weightloss.

Yes I think Ferrari said something like that on his forum. Manipulating weight with doping that burns fat is the new way to go. Burn of all body fat but keep the power output up there. Stuff like GW501516 is perfect for that, but there are prob many drugs that can do that.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Photo is clearly either doctored or taken at an angle / with a lens that exaggerates his arm length.

Watch the man on a bike. His torso and arm length is exceptionally long. It's why he looks so wrong on a bike. What were you looking at when he was racing?

May 16, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
5f8b8d3640237e8b2b798b5470a8b6f3.jpg

This is the picture that is the most telling i think. EBH looks like a strapping young and healthy lad compared Froomes grey heroin-esque look. Doped or not. Its a strange message to tell our kids that this is how you have to look to be the best in sport.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Grey heroin-esque? Yes, he looks like a smackhead.

Jesus this thread filled up with rubbish quickly. Great pictures comparing him to aliens. I lolled and lolled, such a mature way to address doping in sport.

Of course, of course, nothing to see here.

Look, it's one thing to post head pictures and rely on pseudo-phrenology, but this is different. This looks completely unnatural. At a time when weight-loss PEDs are coming to the fore. Involving CQ's top ranked rider of the past year. Who had a meteoric rise to stardom.

Say, is there anything short of a positive test that would make you believe Froome dopes?

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Grey heroin-esque? Yes, he looks like a smackhead.

Jesus this thread filled up with rubbish quickly. Great pictures comparing him to aliens. I lolled and lolled, such a mature way to address doping in sport.

I agree with Jimmy on this one (and I strongly believe Sky dope). If you take a naturally slim, fairly tall person and get them to train ridiculously hard for the same duration the average person works in an office per week, that's the body shape you are going to get. Those that are naturally bigger, 'healthier looking' would also be like that if both athletes lived 'normal' lives. Plenty of triathletes, marathon runners etc who look similar to Froome, they may dope but they may not. With Froome his performances are what you need to look at, not body shape.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Even outside of a possible doping-angle, that picture doesn't look very good. Just look at his cheeks, they look completely hollow, this is how you look at the end of a though three week Tour, not at the start. He better hope it's not going to rain, because he can't have much of a resistance to cold looking like this.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
melkemugg said:
This is the picture that is the most telling i think. EBH looks like a strapping young and healthy lad compared Froomes grey heroin-esque look. Doped or not. Its a strange message to tell our kids that this is how you have to look to be the best in sport.

No. If you were a photographer you'd see that EBH is bathed in incandescant lighting, while Froome clearly is out of the spotlight.
Discussing body shape, having formed a clear opinion on "what the ideal GT-rider should look like is just silly. Just silly.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
New
or
old
look
?
tyler_hamilton_fractured_collarbone.jpg

Not normal. Froome makes baby Schleck look like an obese. Looks unhealthy to me, but hey, power to weight is the key.

Problem is you can't keep you're power output up when you drop your weight that low without ped's.

May 16, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:
No. If you were a photographer you'd see that EBH is bathed in incandescant lighting, while Froome clearly is out of the spotlight.
Discussing body shape, having formed a clear opinion on "what the ideal GT-rider should look like is just silly. Just silly.

Its the picture for me that illustrates the difference the best, but i can maybe draw it as a drawing for you so it does not offend you as much? Im sorry if it turned into a cheap shot but i hoped my exaggeration, to illustrate a point, was more obvious.

I dont have any clear opinion of how a ideal GT-rider should look like. But i have a clear opinion on how a healthy human being should NOT look like. And i cant imagine how that is a silly thing to discuss. There are plenty of other sports that take these issues very serious, and i cant see why cycling shouldn't do that. Its easy to compare this to the ideals in fashion. How many future cycling hopes are turning anorexic before you think it stops being silly to discuss?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Even if you buy the dawg transformation and his climbing, which of course only the most devoted skybot would do, how do you buy his TTing? No human being looking like that should be anywhere close to Tony Martin or Cancellara in a flat ITT.

Reminds me of Heras and Pantani at their most ridiculous.

the sceptic said:
Even if you buy the dawg transformation and his climbing, which of course only the most devoted skybot would do, how do you buy his TTing? No human being looking like that should be anywhere close to Tony Martin or Cancellara in a flat ITT.

Reminds me of Heras and Pantani at their most ridiculous.

He was a minute behind Martin at the Criterium. Over 32km that's very good, but seems almost believable?

At Tirreno he was behind both Fab and Tony over 9km, 15 seconds off Tony.

As a reference Kwiatkowski has very close to him in both races and while he's not at Froomes' level he'slooked pretty good this year for a guy of 23.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-and-how-he-was-almost-killed-by-a-hippo.html

Froome dawg, working class hero :rolleyes:

They forgot to mention its the opposite of EPO doping though.
And yet he never got sick in the bilharzia riddled fields. Mmmmmh.

next:
''There was a barmy streak, too. “He’d hang behind on fast moving trucks at 70, 80km an hour without fearing things like potholes or dead dogs in the road which could pull you over,”
Well, wouldnt one need some bikehandling skills for these kinda moves?

Yep, the myth is there, the new Armstrong.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Lanark said:
Even outside of a possible doping-angle, that picture doesn't look very good. Just look at his cheeks, they look completely hollow, this is how you look at the end of a though three week Tour, not at the start. He better hope it's not going to rain, because he can't have much of a resistance to cold looking like this.

As long a they keep the Skyborgs water resistant they shouldn't fail like Woggins. :D

TRENDING THREADS