• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 131 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ianfra said:
For you who want to know, Froome was bought up in an environment that most people would have run away from...

Tell me he was a Mennonite. Pleeeeeease tell me he was a Mennonite.

I can not express how much I would love that. Truly. :)

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Good post. Agreed. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. So many things point to people wanting doping talk to stop. BUT all that keeps occurring is more doping is being uncovered.

I think the reason Wiggins stopped was because his lease was up. Had a pass to dope and push the ABP for a while, for British cycling. His time was up. Now he's back to the old Wiggins. Froome I doubt lacks, like you said, that maturity and wisdom to know the gig is up.

Wrong again Garlic Ho. Wiggins dropped out because he was not prepared to train at the intensity required to retain his title. As a decent and honest family man he wanted more time with his family. His motivation had gone. End of story. As for your constant ravings about Wiggo/Froome on dope, they're looking more off the wall as each day passes.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:

I am on your side. I have read your interesting post you linked at your signature. Good job. :)

Even without all the knowledge you have shown in your article, i already defended Froome last year around the same time. For me his results were/are plausible if seen in context with his unusual career path. BTW: the only uneasy feeling i have with a Sky rider is Wiggins. The rest who show up in the so-called "Skyborg"-Train showed talent/and results with other teams before (example Knees finishing T-20-TdF w/Milram, Rogers multiple times T-20, EBH being a great talent early like Sagan, Porte in the Giro T-10, Sivtsov while with HTC multiple T-20 in GT´s, so was Uran, Cataldo, and so on).

And i think most guys here know i am very suspicious about sudden and stark improvements by riders in a relative high age (like Mosquera, Armstrong of course, Rominger, Rijs, to name a few). I agree mostly with the "Clinic-12-Apostel" like "hog" or "RR" for example. But i think they are a little harsh/over the line with team Sky. It´s normal that the teams with the highest payroll dominate (be it baseball or soccer, you name it). It´s called pro sports.

But: I would never guarantee Froome is totally clean. Of course at Sky they push the lines as much they can (as all the teams do). OTOH, which high paid, highly trained, or highly educated persons don´t push the lines in politics, business or sports? Welcome to the real world.

By knowing that, Froome is a deserving champ. He surely isn´t worse than those liars/ignorants and protected riders from spain like Valv-Piti, AC, SSanchez, etc.!

Conclusion: Go Froome. :)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I fail to see why fireworks from Froome will cause hysteria.

I pray that he lights it up this entire Tour. Clean, doped...whatever.

Entertain me, please. :)

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
When was any opinion on the forum listed as fact?
. . . .

I have to respond to this: Many, probably most, posters on the CN forums treat their opinions as fact. Especially on the doping front. Very few EVER start with "in my opinion". Nope, its always much more sure of itself than that.

Now - having said that - we, the READERS who may also be posters have enough sense and maturity, one hopes, that we can read such opinions and realize they are opinions. And treat them as such. Unfortunately, it seems that many readers are just as set on being "right" as the many posters who post opinion as unadulterated fact.

leon7766 said:
No hes the cycling Maradona and supporting him condones cheating

That is such a lame outlook. Supporting a rider you like to watch racing, who was popped and did his time, is condoning cheating. I can be pretty judgy, but that is just lame.

It's a f*cking sport, grow the f*ck up. I think LF's eyes have been opened to the preparations of the pro world.

Libertine Seguros said:
The guy's a pro cyclist, not a protagonist in a Dickens novel. So what if he's intelligent and sensitive and has overcome obstacles? We're judging whether or not he uses PEDs, not whether he's a nice guy.

This and the rest of your post = excellent!

ianfra said:
Throughout this thread, I have never read so many dumb insults by people who know nothing about Froome's career.

But many have demonstrated that they do know, and this has been indicated time and time again.

ianfra said:
For you who want to know, Froome was bought up in an environment that most people would have run away from.

What a complete load of crap. You have no idea how harsh some of the environments that some folks have had to grow up or train in. Why don't you tell us exactly how bad it was? Send me a PM and tell me all those terrible details and perhaps, just perhaps, I might change my opinion. Because what we do know does not point to some terribly hard done to man who grew up in the slums, had to fight to survive, and made it big. You are doin' some steroid trollin' there ianfra ... your post is crap.

BTW - I know of a fair number of folks who have had such unconventional upbringings and entries into sport - they still show far more promise at an earlier age than boome froome.

On a final note - I like the guy well enough. He seems nice. But that's not what's being debated.

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
"I'm really pleased he [Duenas] got caught, because it's people like him who are ruining the sport and making the racing that extra bit harder."
Did Barloworld have a doping programme?
[My opinion: Barloworld had little money. How would they pay for a doping programme?]
"Obviously there isn't - if there were Duenas would not have hidden it in his bags."
"Sadly he's put a lot of people at risk."
"People put us all in the same boat now. They see someone in the Barloworld team kit and think, 'Oh! He's probably doping'. It makes me angry but what can you do about it? The best thing is for me not to see him or I may get assault charges against me."
Guess who's words these are?

hiero2 said:
I have to respond to this: Many, probably most, posters on the CN forums treat their opinions as fact. Especially on the doping front. Very few EVER start with "in my opinion". Nope, its always much more sure of itself than that.

Now - having said that - we, the READERS who may also be posters have enough sense and maturity, one hopes, that we can read such opinions and realize they are opinions. And treat them as such. Unfortunately, it seems that many readers are just as set on being "right" as the many posters who post opinion as unadulterated fact.

For myself I just always assume that every post, and especially those in the clinic has the unstated default preface of "I may be a complete idiot, but in my opinion.....".
Try it, really makes things easier to take.;)

ianfra said:
"I'm really pleased he [Duenas] got caught, because it's people like him who are ruining the sport and making the racing that extra bit harder."
[My opinion: Barloworld had little money. How would they pay for a doping programme?]
"Obviously there isn't - if the were Duenas would not have hidden it in his bags."
"People put us all in the same boat now. They see someone in the Barloworld team kit and think, 'Oh! He's probably doping'. It makes me angry but what can you do about it? The best thing is for me not to see him or I may get assault charges against me."

"Why would I, someone who has come back from essentially a death sentence put something that dangerous in my body?"

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I fail to see why fireworks from Froome will cause hysteria.

I pray that he lights it up this entire Tour. Clean, doped...whatever.

Entertain me, please. :)

I agree. Bring the pain and early and often. Toy with them. Make them bleed for second place. Far more watchable that 19 days of group tempo and a quick stretch of Froomes legs on a few mountain top finishes.

Throw them a bone in the ITTs then bring out the hurt stick again

ianfra said:
"Obviously there isn't - if there were Duenas would not have hidden it in his bags."

Who cares? The quotes don't really mean much.

We could post lots of quotes from folks spouting anti-doping talk who were later popped or even admitted to doping.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Hey airstream; a lot of the history of the Peace Race is tied in with the cobbles and Plattenwege that littered that part of Europe; is Belarus similar? Do you have any hills or cobbled stretches that could be conducive to racing? Do you ever go out towards Raubichi? What are the facilities like, could they still host international competition or do they need updating?

Yes, we have lots of old polish cobbled roads what were paved in the nineteenth century yet. Their overall length is more than 100 km. They are harder than any Pavé de la Tranchée d'Arenberg because used strones are round and shake very strongly. These roads are easily ridden on a bike, though. I have one near my country house. Many times I imagine the peloton riding there oh...Unlike France, these roads is not national treasure and they exist just because the goverment doesn't have money to create new ones. However, desolation doesn't threaten these roads too since people actively use them :)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I am on your side. I have read your interesting post you linked at your signature. Good job. :)

Even without all the knowledge you have shown in your article, i already defended Froome last year around the same time. For me his results were/are plausible if seen in context with his unusual career path. BTW: the only uneasy feeling i have with a Sky rider is Wiggins. The rest who show up in the so-called "Skyborg"-Train showed talent/and results with other teams before (example Knees finishing T-20-TdF w/Milram, Rogers multiple times T-20, EBH being a great talent early like Sagan, Porte in the Giro T-10, Sivtsov while with HTC multiple T-20 in GT´s, so was Uran, Cataldo, and so on).

And i think most guys here know i am very suspicious about sudden and stark improvements by riders in a relative high age (like Mosquera, Armstrong of course, Rominger, Rijs, to name a few). I agree mostly with the "Clinic-12-Apostel" like "hog" or "RR" for example. But i think they are a little harsh/over the line with team Sky. It´s normal that the teams with the highest payroll dominate (be it baseball or soccer, you name it). It´s called pro sports.

But: I would never guarantee Froome is totally clean. Of course at Sky they push the lines as much they can (as all the teams do). OTOH, which high paid, highly trained, or highly educated persons don´t push the lines in politics, business or sports? Welcome to the real world.

By knowing that, Froome is a deserving champ. He surely isn´t worse than those liars/ignorants and protected riders from spain like Valv-Piti, AC, SSanchez, etc.!

Conclusion: Go Froome. :)

Foxxy! No offense but are you racist?

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
expert analysis: Froome

anyone out there read French

n

happen to have uh copy uv Velo

(French)

current issue

n

kin confirm

BOOoL_cCEAAl3fZ.jpg

BOOoOldCUAA6XjG.jpg

that froome states that

he ***** slaps

dope gahd rominger’s

old Madone record

going sub 31

pushing 440-460 watts

~6.5 w/kg

?

much obliged

http://veloclinic.tumblr.com/post/54494562669/expert-analysis-froome

@ammattipyoraily said:
@veloclinic 6.47 W/kg - 6.76 W/kg for 30 minutes. Sounds good.

@ammattipyoraily said:
@neviscycles @veloclinic 440 W / 68 kg = 6.47 W/kg. 460 W / 68 kg = 6.76 W/kg.

https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/352311280507432960

Wonderdawg weighed 67 kg at last years Tour according to Michelle Cound.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
ianfra said:
Just a few names for you with regards to Barloworld 2008/2009, and forget Robertson, he was kicked out in 2005 if I am correct. [nevertheless I have some funny interviews with him, he talked the talk]

* Claudio Corti
* Alberto Volpi
* Flavio Miozzo
* Massimiliano Mantovani
* Diego Caccia

Etc etc.

Then, ask yourself a little question, what do these guys all have in common? Old habits die young.
TT said:
https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/...11280507432960

Wonderdawg weighed 67 kg at last years Tour according to Michelle Cound.
Thats the magic of marginal gains, being able to do clean what Rominger was able to do on a 56 hematocrit.

I bet he is lighter now than last years Tour though.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't the 6.7 w/kg on the Madone the ultimate Ferrari test for the Tour? Looks like Froome is well prepared for this Tour. If what the Sky-bots tell us is true, and climbing times have gone down drastically, Froome will have a very easy win the coming weeks.

hiero2 said:

Posters treating their opinions as fact is obnoxious enough, and I can tolerate that since majority of posters do it. What I find unacceptable here is the personal attacks made and insults hurled at anyone with an opinion contrary to that of the opinions of the more frequent posters in this forum.

Gregga said:
Be patient guys...
Just wait until saturday and the first MTF, IMO (based on what he did on that little cat 3 climb last sunday) Froome will go crazy and put 30" into Contador and 1' into the others and the believers will be suddenly keep low profile.

Nonsense. Just as you'll keep being convinced Froome is dirty, even if he fails miserably, the opposite side has no reason to reevaluate based on his performance either. Anyone who doesn't already think he's a cheater won't be persuaded so quickly.

spalco said:
Nonsense. Just as you'll keep being convinced Froome is dirty, even if he fails miserably, the opposite side has no reason to reevaluate based on his performance either. Anyone who doesn't already think he's a cheater won't be persuaded so quickly.

Sub 31 on the Madone, do you realize what it means ?

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I love how casually Froome mentions his sub-31 min Madone time. Like it ain't no thing.
He really feels invincible, it might contribute to his downfall.

TRENDING THREADS