• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 179 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ripper said:
??????

WTFFF?

Please review how quickly Froome climbed the other day. Wasn't that in a certain, ahem, elite company?

@ammattipyoraily:
#TDF '13, Ax-3-D. (last 4.1km, 8.17%): Froome 11:20, 6.30 W/kg [DrF]

#TDF '09, Verbier (last 4.1km, 7.76%): Contador 10:50, 6.34 W/kg [DrF]

PS the last 4.1km for Froome isn't actually the last 4.1 km but from 50m after start to 3.75km to go :confused:

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
According to Tom Steels the wind in the last section towards Mont Saint Michel picked up in the late afternoon:
http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/Tour/130710_Rit_11_reactie_Martin_DeGendt
Steels: "Headwind in final stretch decisive"
Tom Steels, team manager Martin at Omega Pharma-Quick Step, was surprised by the performance of Froome. "Hats off to him that he could stay near Martin"

"Froome lost time in the third part. I think the wind at the end made ​​the difference. This afternoon there was a bit more wind as to when Toni was riding."
So Toni der Panzerwagen should be thankfull to the weathergods for his win. That makes perfect sense when you take a look at their previous TT duels. Toni was almost crying when he saw the split times, good stuff. Toni der Reißenwagen.

Best climber, best TT'er. Yep.

Good thing Twentieth Century Fox is involved in pro cycling these days.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
leon7766 said:
There you go you got there in the end

There is no point having discussions on this part of the forum as everyones mind is made up and all that is left are pointless jibes

Again you know everyone's minds are made up. So your not as dumb as you portray. Seen as you like to talk. What Leon will your boy Froome do up MV this weekend?, will he win the stage smashing everyone to bits. Or will he crumble. Or maybe, just do enough.
Scratch your head think a little and see if you can come up with a answer. Come on Leon I'm rooting for you...:D

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm

Ferminal said:
Fair enough, but I don't think I've ever seen a top cyclist put out the ideal response.

Rasmussen in danish newspaper this morning:

"He (Froome) has had a remarkable short carreer on highest level, it looks ugly"

Well does it take one to know one???

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
mrhender said:
Rasmussen in danish newspaper this morning:

"He (Froome) has had a remarkable short carreer on highest level, it looks ugly"

Well does it take one to know one???

Actually I reckon a doper is more likely to be able to pick out another dopen, than a clean dude is.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I should be looking forward to the stage starting in a few hours, but instead the only thing that interests me is the possibility of Froome being busted.

LaFlorecita said:
@ammattipyoraily:
#TDF '13, Ax-3-D. (last 4.1km, 8.17%): Froome 11:20, 6.30 W/kg [DrF]

#TDF '09, Verbier (last 4.1km, 7.76%): Contador 10:50, 6.34 W/kg [DrF]

PS the last 4.1km for Froome isn't actually the last 4.1 km but from 50m after start to 3.75km to go :confused:

where he was drafting behind Kennaugh and Porte for about half of the time?

okay then.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
Actually I reckon a doper is more likely to be able to pick out another dopen, than a clean dude is.

indeed, which is why it'd be nice to hear lance's view on froome...

as for rasmussen, his rise to the top was actually quite gradual, wasn't it?
goes to show: while an abrupt improvement like froome's is an obvious doping indicator, a more gradual improvement does not indicate cleanliness.

No_Balls said:
One must love how the Skyborgs dismiss science in their holy crusade. They´ve probably has reached the point where they would dismiss Mr. Froome himself if he ended up saying he injected and published pictures and results of it.

Denial is so strong. Even people that were tricked can't accept it. Indeed, if Froome himself wanted to convince all the believers, some of them would not be convinced. Tons of research on it. If people believe a lie they will continue believing it even after it has been revealed to them that it was indeed a lie by the liar himself.

ExRower said:
I think this is an Occam's Razor kind of situation where Froome's performances are clearly doped up but the public, for whatever reason, wants to believe it is clean.

It has reached the point where it is not so much Froome as it is Sky and Britain. Their code of honour is at stake. The script is all out where the good ol lads has risen to the top thanks to the ever so hard working McQuaid to get rid of the doping problem. The propaganda machine is in full swing about the holy clean crusade. The sport had problem, but the anglosaxons did it, and finally they are allowed to show the world how good them are when everyone is supposed to be clean. This is a patriotic Cinderella-story and the next chapter in cycling (with the possibility of a Bilharzia twist) after the boy who survived cancer and became a GT-rider.

Jingoistic people needs miracles they can believe in.

ExRower said:
I think this is an Occam's Razor kind of situation where Froome's performances are clearly doped up but the public, for whatever reason, wants to believe it is clean.

Froome has pretty much raised all red flags and Brailsford sounds like a Bruyneel 2.0 with his BS rationalizations. Why are there still individuals, media and pros alike, still defending him? With so many red flags, Froome does not deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

The so called Journalists are all part of the commercial side of the sport. Their employers have paid to get access to the race (TV rights etc) over a period (multi year contracts). Nobody in their right mind would kill off their own investment and therefore everybody plays along. Sure we have a bit of doping discussion in separate segments along the way to keep things a bit neutral, but the core messages are: Natural talent, works harder, better technology, more money and parasites.

Only difference between now and earlier is that many fans are not buying it.

They strongly believe Froome is a hardcore doper.

I'm calling on Kittel, Martin and Greipel to question Froome's performance if they want real change rather than just cheap PR.

sniper said:

goes to show: while an abrupt improvement like froome's is an obvious doping indicator, a more gradual improvement does not indicate cleanliness.

he wasn't flying immediately, but who was then

would have won Burgos overall with a better team though

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=9013

And probably a few 1-day races in Italy if he could sprint

Was one of the best climbers in the uberdoped 2003 Vuelta as a second year pro

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
sprenten said:
There is not enough data from this tour to qualify either Martin or Froome are doping.

I have an issue with this, as it seems to imply that there was little suspicion on Froome prior to the Tour this year, and the performances we are seeing from him are in line with a rider consistently present at the top of the GC in major World Tour stage races over several years, and that his prior performance level was in fact, 'normal'. However, it is precisely the fact that Froome burst onto the scene so spectacularly at the 2011 Vuelta, and his subsequent level of performance, that has generated so much of the scepticism towards his credentials as a 'clean' rider.

This line that you cannot judge Froome's performance based upon 3 stages of one race, repeated here, on Twitter and from members of the mainstream media, is completely ignorant of the implausible transformation he underwent in 2011 and the subsequent level of performance that he and Sky have been producing, with a particular step up this season.

sniper said:

It would be nice to hear anything from anyone about Froome and not just Millar insisting on Froomes cleanliness. Sometimes silence is very talkative.

This is all so surrealistic. Everyone knows and yet its happening.

fans like us

whittashau said:
I should be looking forward to the stage starting in a few hours, but instead the only thing that interests me is the possibility of Froome being busted.

i'm not really a team sky fan..................further 'incredulous' performances
by froomey will be cheered on knowing that i will be entertained by clinic
threads bursting with activity

every time i log on my computer i'm straight to cyclingnews sure that there
will be a banner headline........................froome busted

how can all you guys continually be disapointed denied such revelation

and the prr section would be 'over the moon' with a race to continue enjoying

Mark L

ExRower said:

Froome has pretty much raised all red flags and Brailsford sounds like a Bruyneel 2.0 with his BS rationalizations. Why are there still individuals, media and pros alike, still defending him? With so many red flags, Froome does not deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

The media make as much profit out of doping as the riders, if not more.

I was furious to see in some article in some mainstream paper they go - " a sign that cycling is clean now is the fact that those paid to be sceptical also believe" followed by some rent a journo saying that the times are slower and the riders say they are clean so it must be clean.

Froome nitemare

So - why aren't Sky pegging him back ? this is perplexing.

Brailsford and his PR guys CANNOT be this stupid....its a PR nitemare ! so why isn't Froome complying with the Sky PR ?? Porte is towing the line...why isn't Froome ?

And now they've extended his contract to 2016. Froome's pulling the strings here....not Brailsford.....imagine if Froome did a Bernhard Kohl and blabbed all he knew....now that's dynamite.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Cimber said:

Mr rasmussen may be the biggest "talker" in the sport we will come to know..
He is the only one caught yet, that is totally cooperating with anti doping authorities. He is giving all the details and all the names.. (we have to wait a while for consequenses, but they will come)

And in the same time he has stated that he really beleives the peleton is much more clean today than few years back... Why would he say that if there isn't some truth in it?

Therefore when he singles out Froomes performances as "ugly" (he should know what he is talking about) Then it does look ugly for Froome i think.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
mrhender said:
Mr rasmussen may be the biggest "talker" in the sport we will come to know..
He is the only one caught yet, that is totally cooperating with anti doping authorities. He is giving all the details and all the names.. (we have to wait a while for consequenses, but they will come)

And in the same time he has stated that he really beleives the peleton is much more clean today than few years back... Why would he say that if there isn't some truth in it?

Therefore when he singles out Froomes performances as "ugly" (he should know what he is talking about) Then it does look ugly for Froome i think.

Ramussen wants to remain in the sport with his team Cristina Watches.

He is also correct to point to the peloton being cleanER than his era when it was a balls out epo era.

TRENDING THREADS