• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 391 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
And at the risk of getting howled at by Froome devotees:

If someone says, "more than 80," they have forgotten, despite WCC keeping records, etc.

Why don't they ask WCC for the figure? You know, journos and stuff?

If he was nearly 90, the Frenchy would have said that, rather than "more than 80." He's being polite without lying outright.

I'm guessing it was under 85ml/kg/min (which would have been "well over 80" - "beaucoup plus de").

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I love how you immediately assume that over 80 must mean 80.1 FML... you guys are pathetic.

Just because Dave B didn't know that he was tested at the UCI centre now you're ****ed off that he was??? :confused: Or are you just upset that you have been carrying on about something that was public knowledge all along?

You'll always find something to complain about.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Mish_C said:
I love how you immediately assume that over 80 must mean 80.1 FML... you guys are pathetic.

Just because Dave B didn't know that he was tested at the UCI centre now you're ****ed off that he was??? :confused: Or are you just upset that you have been carrying on about something that was public knowledge all along?

So what was the figure?

Mish_C said:

Well the figure does raise an interesting point. Say compared to LeMomd.

And the fact that Froome was going Armstrong speeds up ax3 and for the last 7km of Ventoux.

If he is indeed around 80 then we might have a problem. Because 80 does get you to the top of Ventoux hat quickly. It probably wouldn't even get you to the start line at the Tour.

So something is up here. Care to explain? Or I'd probably delete the tweet. That thing will go viral and Vayer will already be crunching the numbers! :)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Mish_C said:

Michelle, you'd better quote the exact figure, otherwise, you may look pathetic, not the posters you are trying to undermine.

Exact figure?

I think it's just dawned on her that the figure is actually really crap for a guy who's meant to be the greatest clean cyclist of all time.

So. What to do? Delete the tweet or leave it and pretend 80 is meant to be something else.

Dum da dum da! :)

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Mish_C said:

:p In fairness, some of us can't work paypal.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
From
http://www.ridemedia.com.au/past-issue/lance-vs-cadel-a-study-of-two-22-year-olds/

Although VO2max expressed as litres of oxygen consumed per minute does not change substantially as well-trained endurance athletes become highly trained, body mass can change dramatically and this will influence the VO2max score presented as ml.kg-1.min-1. Lance Armstrong’s Tour de France race weight has been discussed publicly but a definitive number has not been confirmed.

Based only on eye judgement, if 22-23y Froome was >80 , the 2013 TdF Froome with a weight -5 to -8 kg (only looking at pictures) could indeed score one of the highest VO2 max ever read.

P.S. i still think he is doping, but the VO2 witch hunt is ridiculous to say at least

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
I think it's just dawned on her that the figure is actually really crap for a guy who's meant to be the greatest clean cyclist of all time.

So. What to do? Delete the tweet or leave it and pretend 80 is meant to be something else.

Dum da dum da! :)

Lets be fair Hog. Its pretty good for someone who is pushing sprinters and time trialling in sandals.

Mish_C said:

Where in that article is the exact figure mentioned?

You say it's not? So you admit that the bolded part of your statement is pure BS :cool:

JohnDev said:
From
http://www.ridemedia.com.au/past-issue/lance-vs-cadel-a-study-of-two-22-year-olds/

Based only on eye judgement, if 22-23y Froome was >80 , the 2013 TdF Froome with a weight -5 to -8 kg (only looking at pictures) could indeed score one of the highest VO2 max ever read.

P.S. i still think he is doping, but the VO2 witch hunt is ridiculous to say at least

To me the VO2 thing is important for the following...and it's not even Froome's fault that much in fairness. It's Brailsford.
Last year Brailsford said to the journalists, you tell us what we can do...then the journalist asked him for a VO2 max test, as did Grappe and as did Vayer...and lately we have been told that they won't be doing one, just to placate the people, such as myself, on twitter...when in fact, it's people far more important who are looking for it.

Brailsford said they would do it. That's why I am annoyed about it. Don't say to people you tell us what to do, tell people we will do it next time he's in a lab...and then 8mths later, NO.

As regards the figure in the French article...it could be 90...it could be 80.5...that's the point, it should be an exact figure...as it is what good is it...Brailsford is quick to talk about these pseudo scientists...but when we want an exact figure, what do we get?

Mish_C said:

Yes, my friend, I think you may be correct in that assumption.
Those whose knowledge of cycling is based largely on twitter
and google will of course be crushed that their "big secret"
was already available online. Hidden in plain sight, as it were.

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Digger said:
To me the VO2 thing is important for the following...and it's not even Froome's fault that much in fairness. It's Brailsford.
Last year Brailsford said to the journalists, you tell us what we can do...then the journalist asked him for a VO2 max test, as did Grappe and as did Vayer...and lately we have been told that they won't be doing one, just to placate the people, such as myself, on twitter...when in fact, it's people far more important who are looking for it.

Brailsford said they would do it. That's why I am annoyed about it. Don't say to people you tell us what to do, tell people we will do it next time he's in a lab...and then 8mths later, NO.

We get it. Now it's symbolic. Shame so much credibility was shredded while you came to this realisation. Perhaps if you attempt to engage with people rather than harass them you'd be less annoyed? Just a thought.

As an example of what is possible see the dialogue between Fran Millar and @dimspace.

Ventoux Boar said:
We get it. Now it's symbolic. Shame so much credibility was shredded while you came to this realisation. Perhaps if you attempt to engage with people rather than harass them you'd be less annoyed? Just a thought.

As an example of what is possible see the dialogue between Fran Millar and @dimspace.

Perhaps you should wake up...just a thought.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2003/ais_juniors_get_ready

give you an idea just how fit elite cyclists are (and also what great genes they have), an average score for a person of good fitness is between 45.2 to 50.9 ml/kg/min. Most professional cyclists have VO2max values over 75; Bradley McGee has an incredible VO2max of 89 - and Will Walker recently recorded a VO2 of 94, which is simply astounding.

I really wouldn't be tweeting that French article as evidence of a great talent.

Ventoux Boar said:

? I agree with Digger. The number isn't important, it is the inconsitancy and contempt for transparency that is frustrating.

Other posters want proof of doping to indict sky, but the more inconsistancies that come forward, the more our skepticism is justified and solidified.