• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 436 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
deeno1975 said:
Not at all, that video has been doing the rounds for years... not sure who that actually was... but what a way to get famous.

It's not the Dawg. He has his own infamous highlight reel. The one of Froome crashing into official off the time trial ramp is a personal favourite!

And of course pushing Greg Henderson :rolleyes:

RownhamHill said:
No, I agree. I think most people are saying he wasn't doping before his transformation, but that he started doping in order to transform - as witnessed by his progression from the tour of poland to Vuelta in 2011, right?

But within that suggestion there is the added suggestion that he has managed to transform in such a startling fashion without tripping any drugs tests is because he has been receiving protection from the UCI. So one extension of that theory is the protection must have started at the same time as the drugs? Unless he doped for the year and a half it took him to wrest Sky leadership from Wiggins, at which point the 'protection as captain' kicked in.

I don't know what is served trying to formulate some logic and imagining specifics we don't know.

What we know is Froome underwent the least likely transformation since maybe Riis, certainly The Chicken. We know the UCI always has the option to not open cases. We know the wildly varied ways the UCI proceeds on the known cases.

Classic Mr. 60% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og76z4kGMQU
"This is the third time Riis has attacked.... He didn't attack as much as ridden everyone off his wheel"

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Froome1_young.jpg

Heres another LOL

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
genek12 said:
Here is a fitting article marking 4 years and arguably two tour wins since it was published. Frooome is the biggest fraud and I will never accept him has anything more then a D grade professional.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/froome-disqualified-from-giro-ditalia-60517

Froome helped Henderson by pulling in the first part of the stage yesterday to Brescia. He finished the day 104th in the overall classification.

So this is where the infamous picture is from? :eek:

The year and month Froome was ill with Bilharzia in his claims he was sitting on the front of a 12 man TT team over 205km pulling 6 of them to a win in SA. It was something to behold and hear from friends on the team how he ripped them all a new one. Team I rode on was on the podium for that event and lost out by a finger of minutes to that particular team. Each year the battle of the year was between these 2 teams and consisted of a few local hotshots and then paid Pro's. It got out of hand cost wise by the end flying in PT riders. When I think of it now, imagine what he would of done if he was healthy....

May 26, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
He was all class in his sandshoes.

S-CADUTASLZB8785.jpg

Love that picture, who knew that within several years from that happening he'd be in the top 4 ITT'ers.

I also wonder how much of that era, will be in Froome's book.

BYOP88 said:
Love that picture, who knew that within several years from that happening he'd be in the top 4 ITT'ers.

I also wonder how much of that era, will be in Froome's book.

I hope Walsh going into this part of his career telling us because he was wearing sandals he pulled his foot and crashed.

And Walsh has to interview Henderson asking what it was like to be pushed by a Tour champion.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
I hope Walsh going into this part of his career telling us because he was wearing sandals he pulled his foot and crashed.

And Walsh has to interview Henderson asking what it was like to be pushed by a Tour champion.

And the motor bike rider than he held onto the back of. Also the organiser of the Atomic Jock Race.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
SundayRider said:
Back then his goal was to finish a GT, how times change.

Its funny to google search the dawg up until the 2011 vuelta. You can find gold like this:

Chris Froome Interview: “I've been able to climb in the front group quite often this season”

this one is funny too

While Carlos Sastre and Fränk Schleck out-foxed Cadel Evans on the Alpe d'Huez, Froome learnt the tricks of the trade.

"One moment, during the Alpe d'Huez stage, Corti called me back to the car to get more gels. I said, 'No, no. I am fine.' I just had one gel in my pocket. About four kilometres into Alpe d'Huez I blew completely and lost a hell of a lot of time. That hit home how important energy is, that showed me a lesson. He said, 'Why did you not come back? You needed about 10 gels, not one!'"

Dawg seems to be a slow learner.

And of course, his most famous moment:

In last year’s Tour of Italy, stage 14 (cyclingnews report), Froome attacked his breakaway companions on a long climb and rode away with eventual stage winner and now Team Sky teammate Simon Gerrans. He did not succeed in winning the stage but the experience of racing through a wall of sound as he made his move on the climb certainly excited him. Will he be trying again for a stage victory if he rides the 2010 Giro?

“My role will depend a lot on what the team decide to go for” he replied. “If we have some one up there for GC, my role will be different to last year and it will be everything for the guy on GC. Personally, it would be good to have another go in a break again and see if I can come closer to winning a stage but I think the key this year is to make small gains in my racing and if I can improve slowly each part of my riding, then I’d be happy.”

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Its funny to google search the dawg up until the 2011 vuelta. You can find gold like this:

this one is funny too

Dawg seems to be a slow learner.

And of course, his most famous moment:

Probably the biggest fraud of all time in regards to talent.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
and a plot of google maps when he climbed San Luca behind renowned climber Simon Gerrans.

Xsmall-Red-zigzag.jpg

Someone needs to go paint that on the road of the climb and call it..."Froome's path: The Path to Greatness" :D

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
Someone needs to go paint that on the road of the climb and call it..."Froome's path: The Path to Greatness" :D

Should be the cover picture of his book and "Froome's path: The Path to Greatness" should be the title of said book.