• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 447 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
Just once (per Walsh) in 8 (ish? IIRC) camps there.

It was in a Times article, then in Walshes book.

The team have been *****ing about it for a while, its just the first time directly posted publicly by Froome.

Did Sky find out that Nibs and Contador are using detectable methods while Sky aren't or they feel protected by Cookson........:rolleyes:

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
It is hardly twisting as i used the word MAYBE. But then you want to twist my post to suit your agenda that cycling is cleaner and even when Froome points out no testing, you still think it is cleaner. Wonder who is twisting!

Where did I say that in relation to what Froome said? Have a nice look now.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
It is hardly twisting as i used the word MAYBE. But then you want to twist my post to suit your agenda that cycling is cleaner and even when Froome points out no testing, you still think it is cleaner. Wonder who is twisting!

I suggested the actions MAY BE similar. But that doesn't suit your Sky agenda Jimob.

Here is a tweet that hits the sweet spot in taking down Froome's PR BS

Keep believing Skeletal like figures can climb and TT better than the rest over 3 weeks.....

I don't have a Sky agenda, I have a clean cycling agenda. I want the sport to be clean and I want to be able to trust the riders. Frankly I don't trust Froome, but at the same time if he's highlighting inadequacies of testing then I don't see that as a bad thing, or see the need to use the tired old Armstrong references, as if every doper copies his model exactly.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
I don't have a Sky agenda, I have a clean cycling agenda. I want the sport to be clean and I want to be able to trust the riders. Frankly I don't trust Froome, but at the same time if he's highlighting inadequacies of testing then I don't see that as a bad thing, or see the need to use the tired old Armstrong references, as if every doper copies his model exactly.

Why defend Froome's obvious ploy?

it is not like Froome is transparent. Froome is a hypocrite calling for more testing and then not releasing his data when asked.

It is not like if the testers turn up tomorrow they have tests to detect what the riders are using!

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

it is not like Froome is transparent. Froome is a hypocrite calling for more testing and then not releasing his data when asked.

It is not like if the testers turn up tomorrow they have tests to detect what the riders are using!

I'm not 'defending' his ploy, but I am pointing out the irony of him saying exactly what you and other members of the clinic have been saying about Teide and getting slammed for it. A bit like when Kittel called out Sayer, I really wonder about people's motives for posting here when something positive gets twisted right around into something sinister.

And even if it is sinister, if there is a reaction to this and doping in places like Teide gets more problematic, then that is a good thing.

Ferminal said:
So the UCI only yesterday realised there was limited testing in certain training locations?

One word: Money.

Do you not think that the point of Froome reminding the UCI that all 3 were in one hotel, at the same time might have been to highlight the cost effectiveness of quick test trip?

It's not as if they didn't know they were all there.

Benotti69 said:

Look at the response to this: It's a ploy: everything he does in this respect has an ulterior motive.
Froome releases data: It's doctored.
It's not as if we don't know how that would play out, in the corridors of twittersphere etc, in advance.

As for transparent, it would be nice to get Nibali and Contador's thoughts on this.
But let me guess, better to stay silent, avoid hypocrisy and maintain that thing they used to have in the peloton during the Armstrong years and beyond.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
I'm not 'defending' his ploy, but I am pointing out the irony of him saying exactly what you and other members of the clinic have been saying about Teide and getting slammed for it. A bit like when Kittel called out Sayer, I really wonder about people's motives for posting here when something positive gets twisted right around into something sinister.

And even if it is sinister, if there is a reaction to this and doping in places like Teide gets more problematic, then that is a good thing.

How can Froome's tweet be positive?

He is drawing attention to his rivals and suggesting their doping, but not his a he is the guy who highlighted it.

Jeez jimbo 'propaganda for dummies' will tell you this!:rolleyes:

There will no reaction from UCI, why would they, they are not interested in catching dopers, unless there was something in it for them....

As MV said, the UCI know they are there.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Look at the response to this: It's a ploy: everything he does in this respect has an ulterior motive.
It's not as if we don't know how that would play out, in the corridors of twittersphere etc, in advance.

As for transparent, it would be nice to get Nibali and Contador's thoughts on this.
But let me guess, better to stay silent, avoid hypocrisy and maintain that thing they used to have in the peloton during the Armstrong years and beyond.

If it was not a ploy he would back it up with substance.

Why doesn't Froome release his data to Ashenden, the most credible person who could understand it?

I mean Sky releasing Data to the ASO's own newspaper who then get Grappe ( who said Armstrong's data looked clean)....yeah that was no ploy!!!!

Of course we know how this plays out, we saw it with all the other dopers before Froome.......

But of course Froome beating the times of dopers is possible because he is the greatest rider to ever land on a bike........:rolleyes:

neineinei said:
If Froome wants to be tested more he can go train somewhere else than an remote island, or he can campaign for better funding for anti-doping. Sky and Froome have never prior to this winter been the least worried about training for months in remote places (Colombia, Teide) where they know from experience there is very little chance of being tested.

This has probably been covered in the Tenerife thread but why do people keep calling it remote? It's one of the easiest places in the world to get to - two airports, 12 million flights a year, 2.5 hours from nearest WADA lab in Madrid - skyscanner.net is telling me you can get there from Madrid and back most of next month for €70 return. Nearly a million residents and millions upon millions of tourists every year, it's about as off the beaten track as the Champs-Élysées.

Mellow Velo said:
One word: Money.

Do you not think that the point of Froome reminding the UCI that all 3 were in one hotel, at the same time might have been to highlight the cost effectiveness of quick test trip?

It's not as if they didn't know they were all there.

I don't think there was a point at all... riders tweet useless stuff daily. Trying to read anything into any of it is pointless. Same with pretty much any comment.

As for the UCI, they had a good statement on Stage 16 too.

Mellow Velo said:

It's like Girona 2002. The riders keeping each other up to date on testing.

Nibilai did respond btw. Tested 5 times in the last month but not on the mountain.

Cookson for the win!

gooner said:
I wonder would people be calling Froome's comments PR if it came from a guy like Phinney.

Nico Roche and Mollema have highlighted the lack of tests they have done and I don't think there was a similar reaction to what they said as I see now with Froome.

No, and the reason is simple. They're not obviously doping and winning GTs with ease. Simple observation and willingness to accept the obvious.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Simple. They're not obviously doping and winning GTs with ease. Simple observation and willingness to accept the obvious.

Yeah, lets not pay the same attention to 2 guys(Roche and Mollema) who highlight this even though they both finished in the top 10 in GTs last year.

gooner said:
Yeah, lets not pay the same attention to 2 guys(Roche and Mollema) who highlight this even though they both finished in the top 10 in GTs last year.

I'll say it again. They're not riders who are obviously doping. So yes, it's different.

Are they clean? No idea. For most people, and I understand you're a stalwart on the other side of this fence, or sitting on it, Froome is so obvious it's laughable. So those of us who feel that way will likely react to Froome saying such things and have a different reaction when riders who are not obviously doping say such things...or not, whatever the case might be.

TRENDING THREADS