• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 448 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Impossible to read what these tweets mean but a more cynical take (as opposed to the clean vs PR arguments already stated) could be that he raised it near the end of his trip in the hope that testers arrive after he has gone and catch riders from other teams. Does anybody know how long each of the GT riders intend to stay in Tenerife?

CycloAndy said:
Impossible to read what these tweets mean but a more cynical take (as opposed to the clean vs PR arguments already stated) could be that he raised it near the end of his trip in the hope that testers arrive after he has gone and catch riders from other teams. Does anybody know how long each of the GT riders intend to stay in Tenerife?

Sort of implies you can catch people. Fairly well established that this is unlikely at best.

Froome is just trying to up his PR, get people to believe, and rattle the cage of the other guys. Good for him, but fairly transparent posturing IMO.

Benotti69 said:
How can Froome's tweet be positive?

He is drawing attention to his rivals and suggesting their doping, but not his a he is the guy who highlighted it.

Jeez jimbo 'propaganda for dummies' will tell you this!:rolleyes:

There will no reaction from UCI, why would they, they are not interested in catching dopers, unless there was something in it for them....

As MV said, the UCI know they are there.

Well, let's say all three of them dope like crazy. I would not mind if this 'attention' that Froome casts on Nibali and Contador got them caught. One doper is better than three, even if it's still one too many.

People here always rack down on Froome. But hey, I rather get some more information about how much they really are tested than not. And there were actually a reaction from the UCI:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/27616069

However you guys play this. It's not really a bad thing. We all have our doubt about Froome anyway. At least, now we know the UCI still suck at testing.

CycloAndy said:

Bertie has already left :) this is clearly a conspiracy to get rid of Nibs :)

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Sort of implies you can catch people. Fairly well established that this is unlikely at best.

Froome is just trying to up his PR, get people to believe, and rattle the cage of the other guys. Good for him, but fairly transparent posturing IMO.

Froome has a book coming out in a week. Maybe he wants to get his name in the press right about now? Looks like it worked.

del1962 said:
What really suprised me is Froome seeing Nibs as a contender:D

Contodor to Froome "Do you really think Nibs is a contender"

Froome "Nah, but we have to keep him happy:D"

this ridiculing reminds me of how people acted before the 13 giro. ;)
"Oh, how is he going to take those 5 minutes back from Wiggo after the TT, he isn't even a better climber, haha you stupid Nibali fans"

Well we showed them wrong last year, and are prepared to do it again this year. Come on Nibbles, Use mt Teide for whatever it is worth!!!

vedrafjord said:
This has probably been covered in the Tenerife thread but why do people keep calling it remote? It's one of the easiest places in the world to get to - two airports, 12 million flights a year, 2.5 hours from nearest WADA lab in Madrid - skyscanner.net is telling me you can get there from Madrid and back most of next month for €70 return. Nearly a million residents and millions upon millions of tourists every year, it's about as off the beaten track as the Champs-Élysées.

Spot on. And it has been accessible for donkey years. Jeez, it's only just over a 4 hour flight from the frozen North that is Scotland. No excuses acceptable from UCI on that front.

Jeez. There's nothing you guys won't twist :rolleyes:

I'll bet if Froome released all his power data from when he was born, you'd all shout "THE FIGURES ARE DOCTORED! Obviously. Otherwise why would an obvious doper release the figures? Give us some different information, that the Clinic skeptics can twist and invert. Froome! Doper!"

Bringing a lack of testing into the (public) spotlight will only ... increase testing. Durr.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
doolols said:

I'll bet if Froome released all his power data from when he was born, you'd all shout "THE FIGURES ARE DOCTORED! Obviously. Otherwise why would an obvious doper release the figures? Give us some different information, that the Clinic skeptics can twist and invert. Froome! Doper!"

Bringing a lack of testing into the (public) spotlight will only ... increase testing. Durr.

It's anti-doping theatre. Just like the BP, WADA, IOC press releases, "Clean performances will one day beat doped performances", etc, etc.

Reality often looks like it's twisting PR guff, but in fact it's the other way around.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
doolols said:

I wouldn't call Froome a doper if he releases his figures. I would call him a doper if he releases his data and it suggests that he's been doping. I would love to believe that he's genuine- but it's because he won't release these numbers that so many of us think he has something to hide. Your logic is odd.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I think he has some sort of protection, no way he would make statements like he has about Tenerife if he knew there was a chance he was going to get popped or tested unexpectedly ,either that or what he is using is totally undetectable.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Anyone know how the testers get around with medical equipment? Phlebotomy equipment is kinda full-on and I am curious how they go through customs, etc? Or do they pick stuff up when they arrive?

And if they do bring it with them, say to Tenerife, that kinda precludes too may tests for the trip, unless they brought a whole stack of it, doesn't it?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
doolols said:

Getting a tad hot under the collar?

Froome has beaten the times of known EPO users. Brailsford has stated that this is now possible. But they wont show how they can do that and yet want to be believed they are clean.

This idea that they cant release the information because no one will believe them, then why bother tweeting about testing on Tenerife?

Sky should have kept their mouth shut from day one and got on with being a cycling team. Nope they wanted it all. Well they started telling everyone they were going to be transparent and that is exactly what they have not been and yet their fans cry about it.

Sorry Dool, your love of Sky blinds you from the obvious lies Sky tell.

The idea that Froome's tweet will bring about extra testing is a joke. Did Cookson respond with a tweet saying testers are on their way?

When will you guys start the 'never tested positive' posts? :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS