• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 672 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
I would've guessed over 6.09 W/kg considering the conditions. A little disappointing by the other contenders. Did the first week take that much out of the rest?

Yes, clearly, but the amazing Froome and Sky are immune to getting tired in the first week. Through superior preparation, bike handling, tactical nous, and of course righteousness they have avoided fatigue. So what you saw is the effect of the first week on everyone else and Froome riding believably to a righteous win.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink on final climb, 409W.. which is already exceptional.

What Froome did is .. well, how?
quote-i-m-sorry-you-don-t-believe-in-miracles-lance-armstrong-75-53-87.jpg

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
LMAO froome blocked vanniewkerke. hahahhahahahahah COUND WHAT ARE YOU DOING????? xD

Yes. Very surprising. It's not a good idea to get on the Belgium press bad side. I see this back firing a little bit. Looking forward to Vive ale Velo tonight..

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
H2OUUP2 said:
Pretty amazing stuff out there today.

I don't even know why people need to go over power numbers, or testing, or times.

It's pretty friggin obvious what's going on to the stupidest of people.

No one team, or one rider - in a "clean era" - can dominant like that.

There's no such thing as super hero's.

I agree. Because power analysis can potentially show that a performance exceeds what ought to be possible for human beings with human parameters, some are inferring that if power analysis doesn't show that, then the performance is clean. Or at least that there is no evidence it isn't.

That's a fallacy, though. Relative dominance is strong evidence of doping. If you look at today and go like "6.1w for 40 minutes? High, but believable. suspicious but we shouldn't jump to conclusions" when Froome has demolished the entire field with absolutely insane gaps, you can't be helped.

A couple of years ago it was "marginal gains". I wonder what they'll call today?

To destroy the best riders on the planet, in the biggest race on the planet like that is absolutely stupid!

It's actually pissing me off... which pisses me off. lol

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

The Hitch said:
Miburo said:
LMAO froome blocked vanniewkerke. hahahhahahahahah COUND WHAT ARE YOU DOING????? xD

Who is he?

One of the biggest cycling guys in belgium, does all the shows and imo by far the most knowledgeable journalist in the country. Dont like him though but he is.

Did you all see this:

http://gizmodo.com/tour-de-france-cyclist-computers-hacked-by-doping-criti-1717677919

So if hackers have infiltrated Team Sky’s reports, it could have a devastating effect, whether evidence of Froome doping is found or not. It’s fitness data hacking as industrial espionage.

“It’s part of the game, isn’t it?” he said. “If he does well [on Tuesday], the rest of the Tour it’s ‘how do you know he’s not doping?’ The question of how to prove a negative is always going to be a difficult one,” said Brailsford.

“I used to worry about it a lot more, but I don’t any more. It’s part of the game. Just try to be honest, tell the truth, be open.”

LOL! No it's not, Don't dope, simple!!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
All I hope for is that they freeze several gallons of Froome's blood and piss so he can get done in a few years

The better store his blood in an underground bunker somewhere to protect everyone from the radioactivity.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Dekker_Tifosi said:
The Hitch said:
Miburo said:

Who is he?
one of the biggest belgian tv reporters/commentators. Never big on doping allegations or anything. He only made a comparison of the high spinning low gear between Armstrong and Froome.

You actually believe that's what he was saying? I don't believe one word, very clear allegation imo

May 26, 2010
Visit site
dogs&cycling ‏@dogsandcycling 18 hours ago

Feels a lot like the old Lance days
~the French are out to get us
~those who doubt us are clowns
~media is stalking us
~special heart+lungs
~fancy technology explains everything
~get those lawyers after people who say bad things

Again only difference is Sky bought Walsh and have kept all the ZTP people they let go sweet.

Bet Armstrong is fuming watching all this!

seriously

what did you all expect

i'm surprised at some of the pissy responses from some of the seasoned writers and readers on here

mr froome looking very fit, very lean, very strong, very alien since day one
itt cobbles short punchy climbs ttt
check

the other players
looking anything like contenders

1st mtf
full team sky show case
froome laying down the marker and riding away with it

haven't we seen this all before

i ask again
what did you expect

this is pro cycling isn't it