• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 732 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
billcrain said:
"the little Colombian". He has a name (Quintana). Very disrepecful at best, racist at worst. Not everyone is tall and very white.

Thats nonsense.

He is Columbian - fact. The comment is not being disrespectful of his race.
He is not tall - fact. The comment again is being descriptive. Now some people don't like it, but if he was 6'7" and was described as big or tall would anyone complain?

TheSpud said:
billcrain said:
"the little Colombian". He has a name (Quintana). Very disrepecful at best, racist at worst. Not everyone is tall and very white.

Thats nonsense.

He is not tall - fact. The comment again is being descriptive. Now some people don't like it, but if he was 6'7" and was described as big or tall would anyone complain?
Contador is Spanish - fact.
Paulinho and Hernandez are his friends, in Spanish "amigos" - fact.
They occasionally stop for a coffee during training while Froome never stops - the first is a fact, the second is Froome's claim.

Yet many people still felt it was disrespectful when Froome pretty much described them as lazy coffee-drinking amigos.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
billcrain said:

Oh my :rolleyes: the political correct come out of ... wherever. Spotting racism when there is none... 3 posts, you must have been really waited for this to publish. I am just soooo sorry.

Did you spot all the insults thrown at Froome (btw, there are thousands in the clinic alone)? Is that racism too? Or is it ok, because he is caucasian?

What the heck. My, ... I have to keep myself cool, just so to prevent a ban...

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
TheSpud said:
billcrain said:

Thats nonsense.

Actually, he is Colombian.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
billcrain said:

Oh my :rolleyes: the political correct come out of ... wherever. Spotting racism when there is none... 3 posts, you must have been really waited for this to publish. I am just soooo sorry.

Did you spot all the insults thrown at Froome (btw, there are thousands in the clinic alone)? Is that racism too? Or is it ok, because he is caucasian?

An insult equals racism? :confused:

LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:
billcrain said:

Thats nonsense.

They occasionally stop for a coffee during training while Froome never stops - the first is a fact, the second is Froome's claim.

Yet many people still felt it was disrespectful when Froome pretty much described them as lazy coffee-drinking amigos.

And that one i would agree with, because the 'lazy' comment is subjective in the scenario you mention above (I'm not sure what his exact words were though).

Dear Wiggo said:
TheSpud said:
billcrain said:

Thats nonsense.

Actually, he is Colombian.

Indeed - my mistake for using the frequent *** up people make. Unless he works for the sportswear company in which case i could be right ...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
billcrain said:

An insult equals racism? :confused:

There was no racism towards Quintana... But, as you very well know, my blood pressure goes up like crazy when the political correct spout their BS.

And yes insults, racism... all the same: To downgrade another person.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
There was no racism towards Quintana... But, as you very well know, my blood pressure goes up like crazy when the political correct spout their BS.

But you asked if the insults thrown at Froome are racism - well obviously they aren't because those insults have never been about his race? :confused:

Well that is the last thing I'll post about racism - sorry Afrank ;)

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
They seem to respect each other. That should knock the racism on the head, particularly when it was just said descriptively. Not derogatory in any sense?

Today was a funny one. I felt like he was in the red zone for a long time, but I'm still on the fence. There's something about this guy that is weird... like I think he might be 'on the spectrum' if you know what I mean? Autism? Aspergers? Kind of feel sorry for him.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:
Nibali STARING at Froome as Froome is having his rear wheel problem

https://www.twitter.com/_PelotonTweets/status/624647583756091395

If you look at this photo carefully, it actually looks like Scarponi is telling Nibali something. So whether Scarponi is telling Nibali, Froome is having a mechanical, go for it, but Froome always has his head down.
Beno, if you look REALLY good, you will see Nibali seeing Froome having a mechanical. Tough break for the alien. I would attack too. If you want to compete in curling dont show up in a rugby match.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:
billcrain said:

Thats nonsense.

Doesn't coffee contain a performance enhancing stimulant? Shocking doping admission from Contador, good to see
Froome took the high road and didn't dope.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

But you asked if the insults thrown at Froome are racism - well obviously they aren't because those insults have never been about his race? :confused:

Well that is the last thing I'll post about racism - sorry Afrank ;)

OK, you go nitpicking here... So, I give it a go: If there are posts attacking Froome in very disgusting ways, one could take that as racism against white Kenyans (a minority) who became british citizens (even more of a minority)... Ofc, people with common sense would not see it that way. But from a political correct standpoint (just imagine Froome was a black from the Luo tribe), it would be interpreted as such. :p

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Seriously though -- don't those square chain rings have a proclivity for causing the chain to fall off?

If Froome uses it and gains an advantage, why can the other riders not gain an advantage when the disadvantage of those chain rings raises its ugly head?