• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 733 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Re:

dwyatt said:
Dear Wiggo said:
dwyatt said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Cycling weekly posting a story saying Nibali won't repeat what Froome said to him after the finish as it's not polite.

And....

Exclusive or...

Is this the logical gates game now? I missed the memo.

I was wondering how that related to doping...

It reminds me of the bullying tactics of another doper.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:
dwyatt said:
Dear Wiggo said:
dwyatt said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Cycling weekly posting a story saying Nibali won't repeat what Froome said to him after the finish as it's not polite.

And....

Exclusive or...

Is this the logical gates game now? I missed the memo.

I was wondering how that related to doping...

It reminds me of the bullying tactics of another doper.

Voldemort?

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I would have been ok with Nibali attacking there and then purely for the sake of a decent race, but why lie? And why are people trying to defend him? He played his hand, fine, now deal with it. Nibali has proved time and again that he is a bit of a *** (eg: blaming Froome for his fall in the Tony Martin crash when in fact he went into Froome? :D)

Wonder why Quintana didn't go. Feel like there's some kind of understanding between Froome and Quintana. Not sure it's good for the race though, would have been interesting to see Froome have to chase and maybe have lost a couple of minutes today.

Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Seriously though -- don't those square chain rings have a proclivity for causing the chain to fall off?

If Froome uses it and gains an advantage, why can the other riders not gain an advantage when the disadvantage of those chain rings raises its ugly head?

Yes, they have a higher tendency to drop chains, not hugely more but it is there.

And the issue was supposedly a gravel piece stuck between brake pad and rim anyway.
I have no issues with Nibali's attack. Everyone knew there was one coming somewhere on that climb.

So a douchey little stem gazer is getting all mad about the fact that a rider attacked him while he had a mechanical? I wonder if he remembers suggesting in the press that Nibali was a doper because he was riding in a place where doping inspectors couldn't reach him so easily, while doing the EXACT same thing with his team, and then running around telling everyone how squeaky clean their a$$holes are...Yea, Froome is such a "sporting" guy...:rolleyes:

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If anyone's even wondering if Nibali knows that Froome was having a mechanical, it's clear you haven't ridden your bike recently, or ever ridden in a group.
That kind of thing you can hear clearly from several yards away.

If anyone thinks it doesn't actually matter, try learning more about race etiquette.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

dottigirl said:
If anyone's even wondering if Nibali knows that Froome was having a mechanical, it's clear you haven't ridden your bike recently, or ever ridden in a group.
That kind of thing you can hear clearly from several yards away.

If anyone thinks it doesn't actually matter, try learning more about race etiquette.

So does race etiquette also say, try and get everyone to stop when a teammate crashes but go hell for leather when a rival crashes?

May 26, 2009
Visit site

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
BYOP88 said:
So does race etiquette also say, try and get everyone to stop when a teammate crashes but go hell for leather when a rival crashes?

Doesnt that one need to be posted in any of the old Schleck threads? ;)

Yes it does apply to the Schlecks too. :)

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So Im still on the fence with Froome but the following will probably be greeted with the same aggression that someone saying back in the day "I think Lance is dirty but".

Until I get something like Emma O'Reilly, Betsy Andreu, David Walsh books etc i cant jump onto the 'stone him to death band wagon'

We saw him put under pressure today and he just hung in. G cracked completely and violently.

The rest of the Sky team cracked bar Poels who had a great day. Their was no SKY train today.

Its important to point that out when it doesnt follow the narrative of the SKY haters line of complete domination.

Movistar are 2 and 3 with Nairo putting in a really strong attack on the last climb. *** Alejandro Valverde!!!

Nibles had a good blood bag last night, or did he?

You can twist the narrative however you like but unfair to focus solely on SKY all the time.

Alot of grey areas in a dirty melting pot

Sep 29, 2012
Nah blood bags take a couple of days to kick in, from memory.

You know this is the Froome thread yeah? Discussing other riders is ok, but also off-topic.

These Skybots are funny in that they try to discuss other riders in the Sky threads, whilst also complaining that the Sky threads are so long....?

Post in the right thread and see if anyone disagrees.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes thats right I am a SKY bot.

Sorry for not sticking to the rules 100%, not very bot like.

The thing is with Froome, if you asked me id say he must be doing something for the great leap in performance from pre 2011 Vuelta. At the same time when the reality of a stage doesnt fit the SKY are on a different world doping program doesnt happen in reality, like todays stage, that should be pointed out as well instead of ignored.

Sep 29, 2012
AcademyCC said:

The thing is with Froome, if you asked me id say he must be doing something for the great leap in performance from pre 2011 Vuelta. At the same time when the reality of a stage doesnt fit the SKY are on a different world doping program doesnt happen in reality, like todays stage, that should be pointed out as well instead of ignored.

So go point it out. And see all the argument you get. I posted just now in the Quintana thread that he is dodgy as fck.

Do you see the thread exploding in disagreement?

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Agree with AcademyCC. Weakest argument I read on here is when people make a reasonable nuanced point - sometimes even saying that their gut says Froome/Sky are doping - and they get dismissed as 'skybots'. Awful stuff. If you can't handle the opposing (or sometimes even a slightly more moderate) view to your own, it reflects poorly on the debate itself.

Anyway, do we know if he is aspergers? He just comes across as it.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

BYOP88 said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
BYOP88 said:

Doesnt that one need to be posted in any of the old Schleck threads? ;)

Yes it does apply to the Schlecks too. :)

So we can agree you just cut it right to not being off-topic in a Sky thread? ;)
Imagine I´d call out the one-legged rider who didnt have as "bad" a day as Froome had on stage 20. :D
Good, just mentioned Froomes name to be in the right thread...

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I just googled her and she's pregnant... which makes you seem pretty nasty for talking about her weight, but frankly, the thought of Froome copulating has knocked me sick.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
AcademyCC said:

So go point it out. And see all the argument you get. I posted just now in the Quintana thread that he is dodgy as fck.

That's sort of my point in summary. Maybe it is going in on other threads on this forum but in general SKY are taking the brunt of it. Just feel like there needs to be balance in the story. Think about the cats hes racing against. Jesus Christ

Do you see the thread exploding in disagreement?

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Re:

argel said:
I just googled her and she's pregnant... which makes you seem pretty nasty for talking about her weight, but frankly, the thought of Froome copulating has knocked me sick.

Huh, I had no idea. That explains it then, though she was glowing less than her hubby, so maybe that's what threw me off.