• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 759 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Santa was good sometimes in one day races, and surely sometimes on then he doped, but he hasnt a transformation, he just doped and he started to climb with the best.

froome had some very good performances, I have explained, but of you dont want to understand I have nothing to do.
Maybe is uselles to be here explaining, I do just becouse sometimes some normal people could came here and read and thing that you are a good representation of cycling fans or cycling experts, and of course you are not.

Re: Re:

TheSpud said:
reubenr said:
The man, apparently, has very large cojones, since he is an asthmatic and takes medication that would be illegal for anyone else to take. Does it help him? Ask Horner. As we all know, some people are helped more by certain drugs or methods than others. Froome has found his niche and he is exploiting it for everything it is worth, ala Armstrong. He is the perfect spokesperson for personal greed and that is about it. There is nothing humble about this guy.

When did he take medicine that was illegal for anyone else?
Umm.... the puffer during last year's Romandie? That's not legal without a TUE.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
no need to lie and disinform readers
you don't know what was in that puffer

generally asthma inhalers are legal, without a TUE, with dosage limits for certain substances, however you need to puff 20 times in a race to cross that.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
Santa was good sometimes in one day races, and surely sometimes on then he doped, but he hasnt a transformation, he just doped and he started to climb with the best.

froome had some very good performances, I have explained, but of you dont want to understand I have nothing to do.
Maybe is uselles to be here explaining, I do just becouse sometimes some normal people could came here and read and thing that you are a good representation of cycling fans or cycling experts, and of course you are not.
Bernhard Kohl podiumed the Dauphiné in 2006, so his transformation was lesser. He even had Paul Kimmage optimistic. Nobody was surprised when he popped. I put it to you that Bernhard Kohl has done more to help clean cycling than Chris Froome. Even if Froome is clean, and your yarns about how you have proven he had some very good performances by cherry-picking some occasional days where he showed the capabilities to be a pretty good pro rider and spinning them as justification for something that looks a lot like Johann Mühlegg to the layman (check out the 2009 Paris-Nice stage to Montagne de la Lure. Jonathan Hivert, future Tour winner!) are all true. In fact, especially if he's clean, because he's presenting a narrative that looks to all the world like a textbook deflection narrative, and only releasing what he has to when he has to.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
i start to find disturbing the blatant lies that are stated around the forum.

the latest : Froome says he will win 5 TdF's

source:

DR: How many Tour de France titles do you think you can win?
CF: It's tough to say but I'd love to keep racing until my late 30s, for as long as my body will allow me to. I'd like to think I could go back again for the foreseeable future, four or five years at least…
DR: You think you can win five more Tours?
CF: Why not? I'm 30, other riders have won Tours into their late 30s, potentially I've got another eight or nine years left in me.

i don't think Froome is clean but the amount of lies and disinformation here is astonishing.

Taxus is right, some cycling fans may come here and take all this crap for real.

Libertine Seguros said:
Taxus4a said:

Bernhard Kohl podiumed the Dauphiné in 2006, so his transformation was lesser. He even had Paul Kimmage optimistic. Nobody was surprised when he popped. I put it to you that Bernhard Kohl has done more to help clean cycling than Chris Froome. Even if Froome is clean, and your yarns about how you have proven he had some very good performances by cherry-picking some occasional days where he showed the capabilities to be a pretty good pro rider and spinning them as justification for something that looks a lot like Johann Mühlegg to the layman (check out the 2009 Paris-Nice stage to Montagne de la Lure. Jonathan Hivert, future Tour winner!) are all true. In fact, especially if he's clean, because he's presenting a narrative that looks to all the world like a textbook deflection narrative, and only releasing what he has to when he has to.

But the equestion of release data is not so simple becouse you give data to the enemy. But yes, IMo thay shoudl give more data, but not just him.

By the way, Froome is who more data give. We know he missed a control in 5 years, how much missed the rest?

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Is Froome stupid or is that just misquoted? "Other riders have won Tours into their late 30s" uhmmm what?

Lambot, 36
Evans, 34, and he would have won more if he would have rode in another era when he was younger.
Pelissier, 34
Bartali, 34
Sastre 33.
Zoetemelk, 33, but second with 35.

Puolidor, second with 36 (his best result) and third with 38. (second in the world with 40)

Giro de Italia - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tour de Francia - 3º 8º 2º 2º 3º 9º Ab. 3º 7º - 3º Ab. 2º 19º 3º
Vuelta a España - - - 1º 2º - 8º - - - 9º - - - - -
Mundial en Ruta MaillotMundial.PNG 3º - 5º 3º - 3º - 7º - - - - - 2º 17º -

But I think that today is possible to improve that, as Horner showed.

Froome started late in competitive cycling, and he is motivated, so we have froome for long.

Taxus4a said:
LaFlorecita said:
Is Froome stupid or is that just misquoted? "Other riders have won Tours into their late 30s" uhmmm what?

Lambot, 36
Evans, 34, and he would have won more if he would have rode in another era when he was younger.
Pelissier, 34
Bartali, 34
Sastre 33.
Zoetemelk, 33, but second with 35.

Puolidor, second with 36 (his best result) and third with 38. (second in the world with 40)

Giro de Italia - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tour de Francia - 3º 8º 2º 2º 3º 9º Ab. 3º 7º - 3º Ab. 2º 19º 3º
Vuelta a España - - - 1º 2º - 8º - - - 9º - - - - -
Mundial en Ruta MaillotMundial.PNG 3º - 5º 3º - 3º - 7º - - - - - 2º 17º -

But I think that today is possible to improve that, as Horner showed.

Froome started late in competitive cycling, and he is motivated, so we have froome for long.
Good job, 4 dopers, 1 known non doper one ? You sure proved your point. What was your point?

Re:

SkyTears said:

source:

CF: It's tough to say but I'd love to keep racing until my late 30s, for as long as my body will allow me to. I'd like to think I could go back again for the foreseeable future, four or five years at least…
CF: Why not? I'm 30, other riders have won Tours into their late 30s, potentially I've got another eight or nine years left in me.

i don't think Froome is clean but the amount of lies and disinformation here is astonishing.

Taxus is right, some cycling fans may come here and take all this crap for real.

I well remember Froome saying he wanted to win 7 Tours. So only 5 seems somewhat modest...

Re:

SkyTears said:

source:

or how about lies in the 'real world'?

"I've released all my personal medical information"

as we know...he has, in fact, released plumbs...

indeed talking of disinformation and doublespeak...he says that whilst being asked (as a 'spokesperson') about if athletes should share more data with the public when, in fact, they have already shared more than he has...astonishing indeed ;)

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Electress said:
SkyTears said:

source:

I well remember Froome saying he wanted to win 7 Tours. So only 5 seems somewhat modest...

another lie

in 2013 Froome said the same thing as now, not that he wants to win but he wants to compete as long he is able to.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

gillan1969 said:
SkyTears said:

source:

indeed talking of disinformation and doublespeak...he says that whilst being asked (as a 'spokesperson') about if athletes should share more data with the public when, in fact, they have already shared more than he has...astonishing indeed ;)

where does it state that he released his medical info to everyone?

SkyTears said:
gillan1969 said:
SkyTears said:

source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b064zlvd#play

1.45.14 in.....for your listening pleasure... :)

gillan1969 said:
SkyTears said:
gillan1969 said:
SkyTears said:

source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b064zlvd#play

1.45.14 in.....for your listening pleasure... :)

"all"

of course we know he grew up in africa and came to the english language late...and in sandshoes...so probably just doesn't know what "all" and "released" actually mean...let's cut him some slack....

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This guy really has huge belief in his talent 5 years is a huge time frame I'd say Nairo could realistically aim to win that many but Froome is 30 now, that's going to be very difficult. The only thing I'll ever agree with Taxus is 3 more maybe.
As for the Vuelta, even with a top programme can he really win it? Seems a huge ask to me, but then I think this year he was stronger than in '13 so you never know. I hope he fails to podium but part of me thinks he might be closer than people imagine him to be. In previous years '12 for example he did ok. '14 is a strange one as he was returning from an injury and Alberto seemed pretty damn good.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
i thought Froome was a smart rider.

I think it was Helmut Roole on cycling forums about 7 or 8 years ago, i could search him, but I am not even sure it was Helmet, and have not posted there for about 6 years.

I think Helmut said, Lance was just too greedy, he needed to let others win the Tour and retire. This is before 2005 he meant, because I think the post would have been circa ~2007.

the point i wish to make, Froome should not get greedy, because, each extra win the chances increase exponentially that they will go after him and bust him in the future. It is not independent variables. Each extra year, it is a different equation, much more likely.

so there is the tension between, millions and lucre, and being busted. I think the longer he goes, he will be wealthier even if he gets busted. I think that stood for Armstrong too. even tho he may have lost about 50million in nominal sponsorships after Tygart. But Armstrong had to form his cancer brand in America, and he needed to win 6 or 7 Tours so he would be the go-to guy for those Ben Stiller/ Jud Apatow execrable lowbrow comedies.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

MartinGT said:
I think he will be saying lets get 3 and retire, I am happy with that.

However his wife on the other hand.......she could ultimately be his downfall.

"We need more MILLIONS Christopher!"
lady macbeth