• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 760 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

reubenr said:
The man, apparently, has very large cojones, since he is an asthmatic and takes medication that would be illegal for anyone else to take. Does it help him? Ask Horner. As we all know, some people are helped more by certain drugs or methods than others. Froome has found his niche and he is exploiting it for everything it is worth, ala Armstrong. He is the perfect spokesperson for personal greed and that is about it. There is nothing humble about this guy.

Correct. The real difference between Froome and Armstrong, is Froome has dos cojones grandes.

Re:

ebandit said:
while i agree that extra wins = more opportunity/more incentive to bust how can da dawg

be compared with lance.........in the greedy bastard stakes?.........i don't see such a

lavish jet setting lifestyle / hob knobbing with the stars / multi zillion sponsorship etc

Mark L
It's because he looks like ET.

If he was even remotely handsome he would be a regular in Hollywood and sponsors would be banging on his door but......

Re:

poupou said:
If clean he could win the 3 next TDF, then it will be very difficult.

It depends the luck, the weather and the parcours.
I cant understand why some people think that doping help more with 37 than with 30. the benefit woudl be the same, so it is the same if he dope or not.

At the moment his main enemy woudl be Quintana, and Nibali with bad weather.

Quintana will improve respect froome, Froome is improving year by year, but maybe he has reached his top, ot he just improve very little, by experience. This year had the problem of 1st weak, but he got ythe mountains with not too much disadvantage. He payed a little in La Pieere the 1st week, but they proved everyday froome and SKY and they coudnt do anything till the end.

It is likely other years there will be more ITT

I think he will won 2 or 3 Tours more, as I said, depends on the luck and weather and how other riders develop, but of course I can rule out the possibility of 5 Tours more, and as well other GT.

He is a nice guy and a great champion and he deserve that after what some people is doing with him, but after 2 Tours more (and the 2 he would have won yet), it is enought. (1 Tour he likely would have won, 1 Tour he showed he has the strenth to win, 2 he in fact won, and 2 more), so 6, but I would say 5.

He isreally good but no so good to have 7 Tours, rainis going to be there, and some strong riders are yet to come, Quintana is a real threat.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Re:

blackcat said:
MartinGT said:
I think he will be saying lets get 3 and retire, I am happy with that.

However his wife on the other hand.......she could ultimately be his downfall.

"We need more MILLIONS Christopher!"
lady macbeth

I have no spur
To *** the sides of my intent, but only
Vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself,
And falls on th'other. . . .

It was Macbeth who spake thus, not Lady Macbeth, but I can imagine the influence would be inseparable from the actions spoken in the play.

I for one welcome the ambition. May it long be the downfall of kings. And knights.

Sep 29, 2012
Re:

ebandit said:
while i agree that extra wins = more opportunity/more incentive to bust how can da dawg

be compared with lance.........in the greedy bastard stakes?.........i don't see such a

lavish jet setting lifestyle / hob knobbing with the stars / multi zillion sponsorship etc

Mark L

Give him time. Give him time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3175878/Finally-time-relax-Chris-Froome-takes-easy-flown-home-Paris-private-jet-winner-Tour-France.html

CMX4HRPWgAAaCJq.png:large

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
You never know who's the next guy to pop out of nowhere and become a multiple Tour winner

I was thinking the same thing
As with Wiggins the biggest threat to froome is from within Sky and the NEXT BIG THING
which is probably Gerraint for the next couple of years at least.

And I am sorry for those of you who missed it and think froome is not in the least like Lance - HE LIVES IN MONACO !!!!! do you know how expensive that is it makes los angeles look like a poor mans B&B
At least even Lance had the good grace to live in Nice and not splash his wealth around buying 5 million euro apartments in Monaco.

Rob27172 said:
Gung Ho Gun said:
You never know who's the next guy to pop out of nowhere and become a multiple Tour winner

As with Wiggins the biggest threat to froome is from within Sky and the NEXT BIG THING

And I am sorry for those of you who missed it and think froome is not in the least like Lance - HE LIVES IN MONACO !!!!! do you know how expensive that is it makes los angeles look like a poor mans B&B
At least even Lance had the good grace to live in Nice and not splash his wealth around buying 5 million euro apartments in Monaco.
Chris Froome owns a 5 million euro apartment?

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this on Steve Tilfords site, thinks it's real http://stevetilford.com/2015/08/13/mtb-vs-road-prep/#comments
Chris Froome
August 13, 2015 at 11:38 pm
Hey Cycling Fans and Mr. Tilford! Chris Froome Famous Tour de France champion, here! This post got me reminiscing about my MTB past and the first time I let my own blood, but it also got me looking toward a better future with me as the Self-Appointed Spokesman for Cleanish Cycling! I saw that trickle of blood down your arm and it brought back memories of doping…yes that was hours ago…this morning’s pre-ride transfusion, in fact…. anyway, after my much needed shower, after my 5 hr, 409.8 avg. watt training ride (Max Heart Rate was 159bpm!!!- GO TEAM SKY!!!!!) transgressions like that trickle of blood down the drain like the dark ages of the doping past. This is why I give my support and backing to track and field stars Mo Farah and his “experienced,” coach Alberto Salazar in their decision to release Farah’s blood data to blunt the real ARD documentary naming them among many secret track and field dopers. That’s spot on deflection and redirection! As the new Clean, Earnest, Smiling Spokesman for “Cleanest We Can Manage,”(TM) Pro Cycling, I just want to commend this up front approach which is why I personally attest to full transparency and pledge to release my own physiological information, which is to say, once again here publicly, that Team Sky and I, along with British Cycling, want to go on the record about our many hundreds of thousands of dollars spent towards the betterment of cycling and ANTI doping which is where a lot of those donation dollars are going to beat these damn 24 hour tests- that’s got to be expensive! But, again, in my personal opinion as the Spokesman for Cleanishmost Cycling 110% Real”I want to reiterate a new goal of discussion of track and field and how this other sport has actually copied our strategies in the press. Let’s face it, the other sports are dirty and we are better because of our attention to anti doping and clean sport (think JV and Tommy D- who knew their partial confessions echoed the partial honesty of their anti doping professions that fueled their new teams). The way that track and field has copied our model of coming out ahead of the press reports to promise to show our physiological data that we want to release in order to better know thyself is noteworthy, but, full transparency, not like JV and Tommy D who obviously lied- I just want to say that they copied us and that’s just not cool or authentic… Once and for all Team Sky and British cycling don’t need doping of the past- that particular treatment is only going to last another 14 hours and I need to get my legs up. Team Sky is clean and we need big anti-doping dollars to stomp out the past and portions of the present, as we know it- starting with allowing me to have the RV back and I’m also super ANTIDOPING regarding these 24 hour tests. (Portions of this post directly lifted from Sir David Brailsford’s, I mean my, Position Statement As The Self-Appointed Spokesman for Cleanly Cycling).

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Rob27172 said:
An average 2 bed apartment in monaco comes in around 5 million
http://www.property-for-sale-monaco.com/apartment/xfta-beautiful-two-bedroom-apartment/?idNombrePieces%5B0%5D=3

A one bed starts at over 1 million and that would basically be a studio flat and I doubt him an cound share a studio apartment

please provide some evidence that Froome bought a 5,000,000 USD apartment, thanks.

also i want to inform you about something called "renting", a very popular thing in countries like USA, Germany and other.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

Give him time. Give him time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3175878/Finally-time-relax-Chris-Froome-takes-easy-flown-home-Paris-private-jet-winner-Tour-France.html

CMX4HRPWgAAaCJq.png:large

lol, the man with a quadtych of priapus and two hands plus a head

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

SkyTears said:
Rob27172 said:
http://www.property-for-sale-monaco.com/apartment/xfta-beautiful-two-bedroom-apartment/?idNombrePieces%5B0%5D=3

A one bed starts at over 1 million and that would basically be a studio flat and I doubt him an cound share a studio apartment

please provide some evidence that Froome bought a 5,000,000 USD apartment, thanks.

also i want to inform you about something called "renting", a very popular thing in countries like USA, Germany and other.

I said Lance at least did not buy a 5 million dollar apartment and lived in Nice
I never said chris froome had bought one

And just for the record as well as apartments starting at over 1 million for a one bed
you can get a ground floor 2 bed apartment for the bargain basement price of 18,000 per month (which for the mathematically challenged is 216,000 per year plus charges)
Which of course is the same as any normal person pays for a two bed apartment these days isn't it.

The point is he is rolling in money and it is ill gotten from his doping
and as with the others if he gets too greedy the sport will turn on him and bust him.
Simples

SkyTears said:
Rob27172 said:

It's highly possible that he bought an apartment as an investment. Obviously, he makes enough money right now, and probably in the next 5 years but after that a mortgage like the one he would have to take out on an apartment that expensive would be prohibitive. He would have to sell it after 5 years, hopefully in a market that allows a generous profit. Investments like these are a very popular thing in countries like USA, Germany and others.

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Rob27172 said:
SkyTears said:
Rob27172 said:

I said Lance at least did not buy a 5 million dollar apartment and lived in Nice
I never said chris froome had bought one

And just for the record as well as apartments starting at over 1 million for a one bed
you can get a ground floor 2 bed apartment for the bargain basement price of 18,000 per month (which for the mathematically challenged is 216,000 per year plus charges)
Which of course is the same as any normal person pays for a two bed apartment these days isn't it.

The point is he is rolling in money and it is ill gotten from his doping
and as with the others if he gets too greedy the sport will turn on him and bust him.
Simples
So the theory is that he will have to spread his dosh around in order for someone to bust him? I would have thought the fact that he has already won two TdFs would be more than enough for a malcontent to bust him if they had some evidence, not the size of his "5 mill apartment" in Monaco. Or you as you obviously have the evidence based on his "ill gotten" gains

Sep 29, 2012
Re:

i don't see such a

Mark L

ebandit said:
LOL shock news!......successful sportsmen earn big bucks.......get to ride in private jets

....hardly comparable with the greed of lance and his own private jet etc..........or

indicative of doping................

Mark L

Sky fan shifts goal posts.

Quelle surprise.

Taxus4a said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Taxus4a said:
Santa was good sometimes in one day races, and surely sometimes on then he doped, but he hasnt a transformation, he just doped and he started to climb with the best.

froome had some very good performances, I have explained, but of you dont want to understand I have nothing to do.
Maybe is uselles to be here explaining, I do just becouse sometimes some normal people could came here and read and thing that you are a good representation of cycling fans or cycling experts, and of course you are not.
Bernhard Kohl podiumed the Dauphiné in 2006, so his transformation was lesser. He even had Paul Kimmage optimistic. Nobody was surprised when he popped. I put it to you that Bernhard Kohl has done more to help clean cycling than Chris Froome. Even if Froome is clean, and your yarns about how you have proven he had some very good performances by cherry-picking some occasional days where he showed the capabilities to be a pretty good pro rider and spinning them as justification for something that looks a lot like Johann Mühlegg to the layman (check out the 2009 Paris-Nice stage to Montagne de la Lure. Jonathan Hivert, future Tour winner!) are all true. In fact, especially if he's clean, because he's presenting a narrative that looks to all the world like a textbook deflection narrative, and only releasing what he has to when he has to.

But the equestion of release data is not so simple becouse you give data to the enemy. But yes, IMo thay shoudl give more data, but not just him.

By the way, Froome is who more data give. We know he missed a control in 5 years, how much missed the rest?
What, data like his VO2Max (which Quintana has published), or his in-race power data (which multiple riders have published, including key rivals like Valverde)?

Look, the doubts and issues around Froome's ascent to the top of the sport and Sky's appallingly bad "we will be transparent until somebody actually requires that we be transparent" PR are such that they will never silence the doubters, because they've done such a poor job of assuaging the doubts for quite some time now that people will see them as being disingenuous even when they do try to be transparent (such as issuing power data that suggests that Froome is putting out less power than Robert Gesink whilst clubbing him - a guy who top 10ed a GT at 22 and would have podiumed one at 23 had he not crashed two stages from the end and lost time, so a guy who showed a lot more promise as a youngster than the Froome performances you venerate - like a baby seal). Like I have said before, JTL said he would do various tests back when he had his breakthrough performances because he knew people would have their doubts, which shows a LOT more self-awareness than Sky, whose PR side seemed to have genuinely been caught by surprise that people questioned their 2012 domination using a similar template to Banesto and US Postal, as the ensuing scramble to get the talking points established before Wiggins insulted too many people for comfort showed.

But, what would really help quieten those doubters if not silence them, is some data from prior to August 2011 - you know, the data that they didn't give Fréd Grappe - that showed Froome putting out the same power outputs he has put out in key stages since. The data from the UCI World Cycling Center that suggested he was a new Hinault. That is before Sky had him, and so surely providing THAT data can't give away any Sky secret training details of the kind that you're suggesting as quite a feeble excuse for not showing any of the transparency they insisted they would show. And if it shows, you know what, the guy DID have that power? It won't make his transformation from the guy that was domestiquing for Morris Possoni into the guy that annihilates Alberto Contador in the mountains suddenly understandable, and it won't justify the crazy steps up in climbing ability from Wiggins, Porte and Thomas any easier to explain away, and it won't explain the hiring of Geert Leinders or Mick Rogers, but it might go some way to explaining why it's Chris Froome and not one of those others that's the one at the forefront, and that it's more that he's unlocked an achievement level than that he's got fed up of the game beating him and enabled God mode.

thats all relevant to the cycling experts Libertine - BUT - Sky dont have to convince them ! all they have to do is pacify the UK public and media - as they did with Wiggins - and all the fuss will disappear.

The real problem for Sky is that Froome is a white guy from Kenya. The UK public will never accept otherwise.

Libertine Seguros said:
Taxus4a said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Taxus4a said:
Santa was good sometimes in one day races, and surely sometimes on then he doped, but he hasnt a transformation, he just doped and he started to climb with the best.

froome had some very good performances, I have explained, but of you dont want to understand I have nothing to do.
Maybe is uselles to be here explaining, I do just becouse sometimes some normal people could came here and read and thing that you are a good representation of cycling fans or cycling experts, and of course you are not.
Bernhard Kohl podiumed the Dauphiné in 2006, so his transformation was lesser. He even had Paul Kimmage optimistic. Nobody was surprised when he popped. I put it to you that Bernhard Kohl has done more to help clean cycling than Chris Froome. Even if Froome is clean, and your yarns about how you have proven he had some very good performances by cherry-picking some occasional days where he showed the capabilities to be a pretty good pro rider and spinning them as justification for something that looks a lot like Johann Mühlegg to the layman (check out the 2009 Paris-Nice stage to Montagne de la Lure. Jonathan Hivert, future Tour winner!) are all true. In fact, especially if he's clean, because he's presenting a narrative that looks to all the world like a textbook deflection narrative, and only releasing what he has to when he has to.

But the equestion of release data is not so simple becouse you give data to the enemy. But yes, IMo thay shoudl give more data, but not just him.

By the way, Froome is who more data give. We know he missed a control in 5 years, how much missed the rest?
What, data like his VO2Max (which Quintana has published), or his in-race power data (which multiple riders have published, including key rivals like Valverde)?

Look, the doubts and issues around Froome's ascent to the top of the sport and Sky's appallingly bad "we will be transparent until somebody actually requires that we be transparent" PR are such that they will never silence the doubters, because they've done such a poor job of assuaging the doubts for quite some time now that people will see them as being disingenuous even when they do try to be transparent (such as issuing power data that suggests that Froome is putting out less power than Robert Gesink whilst clubbing him - a guy who top 10ed a GT at 22 and would have podiumed one at 23 had he not crashed two stages from the end and lost time, so a guy who showed a lot more promise as a youngster than the Froome performances you venerate - like a baby seal). Like I have said before, JTL said he would do various tests back when he had his breakthrough performances because he knew people would have their doubts, which shows a LOT more self-awareness than Sky, whose PR side seemed to have genuinely been caught by surprise that people questioned their 2012 domination using a similar template to Banesto and US Postal, as the ensuing scramble to get the talking points established before Wiggins insulted too many people for comfort showed.

But, what would really help quieten those doubters if not silence them, is some data from prior to August 2011 - you know, the data that they didn't give Fréd Grappe - that showed Froome putting out the same power outputs he has put out in key stages since. The data from the UCI World Cycling Center that suggested he was a new Hinault. That is before Sky had him, and so surely providing THAT data can't give away any Sky secret training details of the kind that you're suggesting as quite a feeble excuse for not showing any of the transparency they insisted they would show. And if it shows, you know what, the guy DID have that power? It won't make his transformation from the guy that was domestiquing for Morris Possoni into the guy that annihilates Alberto Contador in the mountains suddenly understandable, and it won't justify the crazy steps up in climbing ability from Wiggins, Porte and Thomas any easier to explain away, and it won't explain the hiring of Geert Leinders or Mick Rogers, but it might go some way to explaining why it's Chris Froome and not one of those others that's the one at the forefront, and that it's more that he's unlocked an achievement level than that he's got fed up of the game beating him and enabled God mode.

I am agree with you, but that doenst change my mind about Froome

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
LOL shock news!......successful sportsmen earn big bucks.......get to ride in private jets

....hardly comparable with the greed of lance and his own private jet etc..........or

indicative of doping................

Mark L
Indicative of a winner in modern sports. Same difference. He will be talking about 'breaking records' soon.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Rob27172 said:
Gung Ho Gun said:

... or The New Clean Era french Tour winner Brailsford publicly dreams to coach (maybe part of the deal with UCI/ASO mafia)

TRENDING THREADS