• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 798 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TheSpud said:
LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:
ebandit said:
...........only here in the clinic can a positive be turned into a negative with such enthusiasm............

again...........i see good teamwork........................the foundation for cycling success

Mark L

Indeed, and if you look at the picture Froome has an injured knee, so clearly he was going to be in support mode. But hey, lets just keep trooping out this picture as its clearly central to the argument.
Is this serious? :D using a bandage on his knee to explain why he had to give away his bike? :D

I think if he was injured, which said bandage (looks more like a swab covering a gash) would suggest he would be in a support role, therefore expected to give up his bike for another rider who wasn't hurt/ injured. That's how a team works doesn't it?

are you suggesting that without the 'knee problem' he would have been a protected rider?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
I think if he was injured, which said bandage (looks more like a swab covering a gash) would suggest he would be in a support role, therefore expected to give up his bike for another rider who wasn't hurt/ injured. That's how a team works doesn't it?

So bandage equals clean, because as we know the grupetto never dopes, according to Wiggo.

Someone should've told Gaimon not to get a tattoo of a bar of soap, just wear a bandage.

Logic fail!

gillan1969 said:
TheSpud said:
LaFlorecita said:
TheSpud said:
ebandit said:
...........only here in the clinic can a positive be turned into a negative with such enthusiasm............

again...........i see good teamwork........................the foundation for cycling success

Mark L

Indeed, and if you look at the picture Froome has an injured knee, so clearly he was going to be in support mode. But hey, lets just keep trooping out this picture as its clearly central to the argument.
Is this serious? :D using a bandage on his knee to explain why he had to give away his bike? :D

are you suggesting that without the 'knee problem' he would have been a protected rider?

No, i'm using opposite logic - the fact that he was injured means he was less likely to be a protected rider than, say, the guy he gave his bike too. Either way this picture, in my view, is a complete irrelevance to what the test results will tell us even though it seems to get dragged up all the time.

Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:

So bandage equals clean, because as we know the grupetto never dopes, according to Wiggo.

Someone should've told Gaimon not to get a tattoo of a bar of soap, just wear a bandage.

Logic fail!

I didn't say that. I'm saying the picture is irrelevant to what any test results will tell us, yet it seems to be a major piece of evidence for a lot of people. If I showed you a picture of someone holding a gun would that make them a suspected murderer?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
gillan1969 said:

No, i'm using opposite logic - the fact that he was injured means he was less likely to be a protected rider than, say, the guy he gave his bike too. Either way this picture, in my view, is a complete irrelevance to what the test results will tell us even though it seems to get dragged up all the time.

He had a patch on his knee. How does that equate to injured? Road rash is not an injury. Froome was grupetto fodder till he transformed with PEDs. He was bottom of Sky's pecking order and on his way out of the team, of course he had to give his bike.

The picture is extremely important in pointing out this guy was not considered a talent at sky, they were trying to offload him to other teams. He gave up his bike for others. Not because he was injured,because he was no good.

Stop obfuscating.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:

Logic fail!

I didn't say that. I'm saying the picture is irrelevant to what any test results will tell us, yet it seems to be a major piece of evidence for a lot of people. If I showed you a picture of someone holding a gun would that make them a suspected murderer?

This thread is not just to discuss the test results, which will be funny, but to discuss Froome.

It is a major piece of evidence. Got any pictures of Hinault, Merckx, Indurain, Armstrong, Ullrich giving up their bike for a team mate? Because we are told Froome has the same natural talent these guys had as dopers!

Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:
gillan1969 said:

He had a patch on his knee. How does that equate to injured? Road rash is not an injury. Froome was grupetto fodder till he transformed with PEDs. He was bottom of Sky's pecking order and on his way out of the team, of course he had to give his bike.

The picture is extremely important in pointing out this guy was not considered a talent at sky, they were trying to offload him to other teams. He gave up his bike for others. Not because he was injured,because he was no good.

Stop obfuscating.

If you are the fountain of knowledge for cycling you'd know that he was in fact injured - he had knee issues which is why he was hanging on to the police motorbike, or have you conveniently forgotten that?

Stop obfuscating...

Benotti69 said:
This thread is not just to discuss the test results, which will be funny, but to discuss Froome.

It is a major piece of evidence. Got any pictures of Hinault, Merckx, Indurain, Armstrong, Ullrich giving up their bike for a team mate? Because we are told Froome has the same natural talent these guys had as dopers!

You're obviously going to take an open mind on the results then ...

I've enjoyed all the recent discussions about training numbers and FTP ***edited by mods***

Bandage on his knee alludes to his doping? And all the people ***edited by mods*** with doping talk. Come on, this is really scraping the barrel.

Do some background on the picture. Froome was riding as a domestique, the picture shows Giro 2010 stage 10 and was a stage win possibility for Greg Henderson, hence why Froome is trying to get him back into the stage. Froome was also complaining of knee problems so it's reasonable that he would stop to help his team-mate out.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Benotti69 said:

You're obviously going to take an open mind on the results then ...

Don't want to admit the picture is important than.

But more obfuscation hey!

One doesn't need to have an open mind about forthcoming results.

Froome/Sky have laid it out how they approach these things many times previously.

That fans are holding their breath hoping against the mountain of previous lack of transparency, lies, fake diseases, so called bad tactics, bad bike ability, clean athletes able to beat doped times, marginal gains, pineapple juice in bidons, no nutella, washing hands, pillow cases, testing a joke, Cookson's son working for Sky, etc etc.......really does make one wonder even if Froome were somehow against the odds test positive it would not be believed.

Savant12 said:
I've enjoyed all the recent discussions about training numbers and FTP tests but this picture thing is pure trolling.

Bandage on his knee alludes to his doping? And all the people stoking the trolling with doping talk. Come on, this is really scraping the barrel.

Do some background on the picture. Froome was riding as a domestique, the picture shows Giro 2010 stage 10 and was a stage win possibility for Greg Henderson, hence why Froome is trying to get him back into the stage. Froome was also complaining of knee problems so it's reasonable that he would stop to help his team-mate out.

Why would Froome be riding as a domestique? Has Contador EVER ridden a Grand Tour as a domestique? Did Lance Armstrong ever ride a Grand Tour as a domestique? Ullrich?

Unless of course, Team Sky knew his numbers, etc. and had determined that his talent equated to being a domestique.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:
gillan1969 said:

Stop obfuscating.

If you are the fountain of knowledge for cycling you'd know that he was in fact injured - he had knee issues which is why he was hanging on to the police motorbike, or have you conveniently forgotten that?

Stop obfuscating...

The big engined natural talent was there as a domestique not a leader or lieutenant, but never mind that fact.

Knees issues were explained after he got thrown off.

TheSpud said:
thehog said:
Dawg at 5.7w/kg :rolleyes:

2rwwd5f.jpg

Ah - this old picture. Absolute 100% proof of doping, puhhlease ....

Want to talk about proof, how about the fact that Sky released fabricated power outputs earlier this year?

Its sweet to come out of the closet to mock trivial things like a picture.

But you and a few others always seem to disappear from threads faster than a rat off a sinking ship, when the real discussions come up :D

Puckfiend said:
Savant12 said:
I've enjoyed all the recent discussions about training numbers and FTP tests but this picture thing is pure trolling.

Bandage on his knee alludes to his doping? And all the people stoking the trolling with doping talk. Come on, this is really scraping the barrel.

Why would Froome be riding as a domestique? Has Contador EVER ridden a Grand Tour as a domestique? Did Lance Armstrong ever ride a Grand Tour as a domestique? Ullrich?

Unless of course, Team Sky knew his numbers, etc. and had determined that his talent equated to being a domestique.

Contador - 2005?
Armstrong - 1993/4/5?

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Puckfiend said:
Savant12 said:

Well, I have seen domestiques with very high numbers...

Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:
Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:
gillan1969 said:

Stop obfuscating.

Stop obfuscating...

The big engined natural talent was there as a domestique not a leader or lieutenant, but never mind that fact.

Knees issues were explained after he got thrown off.

Yes he was (as support for Wiggins), but only just - he almost wasn't fit after crashing in Romandie a few weeks earlier. But never mind that fact.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Yes he was (as support for Wiggins), but only just - he almost wasn't fit after crashing in Romandie a few weeks earlier. But never mind that fact.

And at Barloworld, he forgot to bring his big engine? What about that fact?

He had 'transformed' by the time he towed Wiggins around France in 2012. Again never mind the 'transformation' fact!

The Hitch said:
TheSpud said:
Ah - this old picture. Absolute 100% proof of doping, puhhlease ....

Want to talk about proof, how about the fact that Sky released fabricated power outputs earlier this year?

Its sweet to come out of the closet to mock trivial things like a picture.

But you and a few others always seem to disappear from threads faster than a rat off a sinking ship, when the real discussions come up :D

If as you say this picture is trivial then why does it get trooped out all the time by the same old people who happen to think Froome is doping?

Also, I didn't realise I needed your permission to dip in and out of this forum whenever I wanted. I have a life outside of this forum : sometimes very busy, sometimes not, sometimes my interest in cycling wanes more than other times. I'll post when I like thank you very much.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TheSpud said:
Puckfiend said:
Savant12 said:

Contador - 2005?
Armstrong - 1993/4/5?

Good, we are back to comparing Froome with dopers. The 'natural' order has been restored :D

Benotti69 said:
TheSpud said:
Puckfiend said:
Savant12 said:

Contador - 2005?
Armstrong - 1993/4/5?

Good, we are back to comparing Froome with dopers. The 'natural' order has been restored :D

I don't think we left it - thats the purpose of this thread isnt it? :)

The Hitch said:
Savant12 said:
Bandage on his knee alludes to his doping?

Show me where anyone said that ;)

And if you can't find it, it would be nice to hear an apology. Something like:"I'm sorry I made **** up purely to try and troll the clinic" or words to that effect.

You seem to be smart. I'm sure you can work out the meaning of "alludes to".

Here you go, anyway:
Benotti69 "So bandage equals clean, because as we know the grupetto never dopes, according to Wiggo."

It insinuates that Froome is somehow hiding his doping because he is riding "injured" and would be less apparent.

Savant12 said:

The pictures does allude to doping, yes, but not at the time the photo was taken, but when he became a GT contender overnight.

Truth be told Froome wasn't even good enough to be a domestique. A domestique helps a GT contender. Froome was helping sprinters but not at the end of a stage but at the start by giving up his bike! That's how bad Froome was. He wasn't a lead out man for Hendrson or much other use.

Granted Froome did have a sore knee but this is not a one off. In all of his Sky races pre-11-Vuelta he was falling off the back of the main group mid stage with no sign of 5.7w/kg that Spud indicates that he had way back when.

thehog said:
Savant12 said:

The pictures does allude to doping, yes, but not at the time the photo was taken, but when he became a GT contender overnight.

Truth be told Froome wasn't even good enough to be a domestique. A domestique helps a GT contender. Froome was helping sprinters but not at the end of a stage but at the start by giving up his bike! That's how bad Froome was. He wasn't a lead out man for Hendrson or much other use.

Granted Froome did have a sore knee but this is not a one off. In all of his Sky races pre-11-Vuelta he was falling off the back of the main group mid stage with no sign of 5.7w/kg that Spud indicates that he had way back when.

Stop putting words in my mouth Hog - I have never indicated that he had 5.7w/kg. I used it as a yardstick number in my question about the old test data.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Savant12 said:
The Hitch said:
Savant12 said:
Bandage on his knee alludes to his doping?

Show me where anyone said that ;)

And if you can't find it, it would be nice to hear an apology. Something like:"I'm sorry I made **** up purely to try and troll the clinic" or words to that effect.

You seem to be smart. I'm sure you can work out the meaning of "alludes to".

Here you go, anyway:
Benotti69 "So bandage equals clean, because as we know the grupetto never dopes, according to Wiggo."

It insinuates that Froome is somehow hiding his doping because he is riding "injured" and would be less apparent.

More obfuscation (re trolling) because The Spud alluded to it. But hey don't let that get in the way.

TheSpud said:

:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS