• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 920 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Arrowfarm said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
The Hitch said:
this pretty much proves then that sky has no organised doping network then

No it doesn't.

The only thing you can get from this, is that froome wasn't part of any organized doping on the team at that time.

So he doped himself, had a great Vuelta, told Sky who then put him on the Super-Soldier serum?

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Chaddy said:
Arrowfarm said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
The Hitch said:
this pretty much proves then that sky has no organised doping network then

No it doesn't.

The only thing you can get from this, is that froome wasn't part of any organized doping on the team at that time.

So he doped himself, had a great Vuelta, told Sky who then put him on the Super-Soldier serum?[/

Whatever strawman suits your purpose.

He didn't have to tell anyone, as he had just nuked a grand tour from out of nowhere. It was pretty clear what had happened.

It will be interesting to see how Froome reacts to the Wiggins TUE controversy. The natural response of a clean athlete would be to be livid with the team and management for sanctioning the PED application, He was effectively done out of a 4th TDF title by his own team. Could this lead to a break up of the relationship between Brailsford and Froome and a parting of ways?

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

ontheroad said:
It will be interesting to see how Froome reacts to the Wiggins TUE controversy. The natural response of a clean athlete would be to be livid with the team and management for sanctioning the PED application, He was effectively done out of a 4th TDF title by his own team. Could this lead to a break up of the relationship between Brailsford and Froome and a parting of ways?

Froome won't say anything substantial. He has been using the same drugs out of competition to lose weight. The only thing surprising about this is Wiggins decided he had to go even further and get bogus TUEs to use Kenacort during his races. None of these guys want questions asked about OOC use because use of cortisone is illegal under a strict reading of the WADA code when it is used to enhance performance, and that is exactly what they are doing.. As long as nobody examines the issue closely, everyone can pretend they can use cortisone OOC without restrictions.

Re:

rick james said:
LOL, man from Africa gets African disease shocker
Man from Africa, (remember he's not British, just so you don't get your UJ in a twist) gets a very very common infection in Africa, that is so common, it is easily diagnosed and treated with a couple of pills. I know this for fact, first hand. But please do keep up your valiant pro Brit stance, it's really is quite amusing.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Froome's TUE authorised by Zorzoli a mere 48 days after it was granted.

Effective date 29.04.2014

Authorised date 16.06.2014.

The system really works well and is supremely efficient.

So to quote Brailsford from today, "I trust and believe in the integrity of that process".

They have this sown up between themselves, Cookson, Reedie and ASO.

What a joke the sport still is, an absolute joke.

Froome's TUEs. There are really only two, one for the '13 Dauphine, and one for the '14 Tour of Romandie which Zorzoli went back to check after the Inhalergate and noticed he had inadvertantly made it through the following year so had to submit a correction. Three whacks at it before he got it right!

@Benotti69
already commented 15 Sep 2016 00:54 by TeflonDub in the Fancy Bears hack Adams system, you're late.

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
i weight this a lot :D . Tinkoff is a clown but he has a point

olegtinkovI don't understand why people are so negative and jealous, in general? I don't believe team #Sky could ever had any organized doling program. It is impossible in the modern cycling.Period. I have been a principal of the cycling teams for over 6 seasons and never ever my rider was involve with doping️ These days are over. lancearmstrong and some #Astana riders probably were the last who cheat systematically and organized. Some even paid to Kolobnev and perhaps to Uran to win the races .
Cycling is better than you think, sure there are some cavity like I just said, but I trust #brailsford #Wiggins and #Froome and I don't have to, since I probably even will never met them again.

Re:

Amnes2015 said:

olegtinkovI don't understand why people are so negative and jealous, in general? I don't believe team #Sky could ever had any organized doling program. It is impossible in the modern cycling.Period. I have been a principal of the cycling teams for over 6 seasons and never ever my rider was involve with doping️ These days are over. lancearmstrong and some #Astana riders probably were the last who cheat systematically and organized. Some even paid to Kolobnev and perhaps to Uran to win the races .
Cycling is better than you think, sure there are some cavity like I just said, but I trust #brailsford #Wiggins and #Froome and I don't have to, since I probably even will never met them again.
Yeah, Tinkov is reeeeeeeeeeeeal trustworthy.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hamilton-on-tinkov-his-return-is-a-setback-for-cycling/

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

42x16ss said:
Amnes2015 said:

Yeah, Tinkov is reeeeeeeeeeeeal trustworthy.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hamilton-on-tinkov-his-return-is-a-setback-for-cycling/
Tinkoff and sky/BC/Brailsford/sciandri go way back to the times when Tuscany was a procycling hotspot.
If any of the stuff that went on there ever gets uncovered I'll eat my hat.
Tinkoff was a known proponent of doping in those days, yet brailsford was happy to do business with him and exchange riders, e.g. Swift going to katusha with brailsford applauding.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

CTQ said:
Froome's TUEs. There are really only two, one for the '13 Dauphine, and one for the '14 Tour of Romandie which Zorzoli went back to check after the Inhalergate and noticed he had inadvertantly made it through the following year so had to submit a correction. Three whacks at it before he got it right!

@Benotti69
already commented 15 Sep 2016 00:54 by TeflonDub in the Fancy Bears hack Adams system, you're late.

Cant be repeated often enough.

The lies they told need to be repeated so people understand what TeamSky are.

If Froome was clean he should have called the TUE abuse for Wiggins what it is. Not talking out of the side of his mouth in a pre-prepared statement about what should happen in the future. He was effectively screwed out of the 2012 tour by the PED administered to Wiggins prior to the tour ffs. In the same tour he was called back to wait for Wiggins so If I was him and I was clean I would be absolutely livid. What about Nibali and Van den Broeck who finished 3rd and 4th, what are their thoughts? For all this new supposed clean generation of cyclists, I have only heard Dumoulin openly call the TUE abuse for what it actually is.

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Amnes2015 said:

You must be incredible naive!