• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 928 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

manuthan15 said:
Did anybody see this? https://antidopingworld.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/who-is-this-dr-stephane-bermon-learning-participants-at-a-iaaf-seminar-spesific-aspects-of-training-female-athletes-in-nairobi/

Pretty thorough info about Doctor Bermon and his links with Vino and Astana.
What's interesting is this part " Dr. Bermon shows in this seminar that he also has knowledge about the “grey areas” inside doping: World Sports Law Report’s: Tackling Doping in Sport 2011 (in association with UK Anti-Doping & Squire Sanders Hammonds, 16-17 March, London [DAY 1] look at session 3 this day: Borderline Issues in Anti-Doping: Scientific and Medical Update. Dr Stephane Bermon (IAAF Medical & Anti-Doping Commission). This lecture analysed how some areas of the prohibited list were not actually black and white, but rather several shades of grey. In particular, the lecture focused on three areas"

I will continue to say as i have said since the first Bermon thread, he has no links to Astana or Vino, he worked with Kashechkin after his comeback. He and Bermon even held a good seminar on anti doping in 2014 in Doha Goal in Qatar. (Not joking about the seminar, it was quite good)

It would be the same as saying Abdoujaparov has links to Vino and Astana since he helped Kashechkin prepare for the Vuelta in 11 and the WC in Mendrisio in 09, when in fact the Kazakh cycling federation president, and Samruk wanted him to mange Kash, in fact Kash i would argue he was clean in his comback, his post ban results are dogshit.

So, i dont think Bermon is the driving force at all with Froome, he is more likely a front

Edit: I have no idea how journalists got the idea that he has links to Vino, Vino worked with Ferrari and Fuentes back in the day, Kash with Ferrari pre-ban

So now that 'Froomey' has backed 'Dave B' along with 'Gee' it appears that Sky is one big happy family again. They have weathered the worst of the storm and all is well in the world again. The time delay between the last select hearing revelations and Froome issuing a statement is curious though. I think it likely that Froomey was put back in his box and forced to tow the party line once it became clear that 'Dave B' wasn't going anywhere.

Re:

ontheroad said:
So now that 'Froomey' has backed 'Dave B' along with 'Gee' it appears that Sky is one big happy family again. They have weathered the worst of the storm and all is well in the world again. The time delay between the last select hearing revelations and Froome issuing a statement is curious though. I think it likely that Froomey was put back in his box and forced to tow the party line once it became clear that 'Dave B' wasn't going anywhere.

FRRROOOOOOMMEEEEY!
GEEEE!!
BRAILEE!!

A happy family!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Electress said:
Vengeance.

Pay back for the perceived slights of 2012. For Sir Brad getting the epic win when 'he should have'. For SBW garnering more of the public affection. For all the **** between respective wives.

But I don't think Froome is the guy for the explicit 'bus-throwing'. I think he is the guy for the snide side-swipe and passive-aggressive undermining of SBW and Brailsford, which probably won't be enough to derail the bus.

If there is any bus-throwing, I think it'll come from someone either more volatile in a kind of semi-impulsive, 'scorched earth' purge of bitterness (e.g SBW or Sutton), or someone significantly more lowly, who may well gain much more than they lose (i.e. minor team-member, slighted rider, soigneur or similar who has seen some 'goings on'.) Or perhaps even from a Dr, who already has a substantial amount of money, and perhaps would relish the notoriety of being at a centre of a media storm.

the term is 'busthrowundery', a portmanteau neologism Dear Wiggo coined, not bus throwing, it aint a caber toss in scottish highlands innit.

time for a Western Great Purge I reckon. Empire Crew turning on themselves, garrotting gollum in the night, sino style.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Electress said:
Vengeance.

be stupid tho, too risky. Froome knows he prolly retires with 50million GBP, close to 100million US$ if he plays it right, and holds his cards close to his chest. If he blows things up, he puts everything at risk. Well, atleast a significant proportion of that, he may keep a third or a quarter...

How much of his wealth is determined by Sky staying in the sport for a few more years? Not it all, he could always go where Nibali and Sagan have ended up, on similar big money deals. But if he does not have the protection in Aigle(UCI hq) and Manchester British Cycling hq, it will restrict his potential to get his golden handshake like everyone else has.

Aint the problem that Kennaugh and G have seen the beneficence displayed upon Wigans, Froome, and other knights, on Cav... and they are queuing up for their payday, like an EPL footballer, they want their GBP so they can afford a luxury pad in London.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Does Froome have a knighthood? I didn't think he did yet.

Also, for the Brits- does Froome have endorsement deals/advertising? I know Wiggo has had lots of deals for all kinds of things, but don't really have the impression of seeing Froome in ads for products. I don't read the bike mags like I used to though, so very well could have missed those things.

blackcat said:
Electress said:
Vengeance.

be stupid tho, too risky. Froome knows he prolly retires with 50million GBP, close to 100million US$ if he plays it right, and holds his cards close to his chest. If he blows things up, he puts everything at risk. Well, atleast a significant proportion of that, he may keep a third or a quarter...

How much of his wealth is determined by Sky staying in the sport for a few more years? Not it all, he could always go where Nibali and Sagan have ended up, on similar big money deals. But if he does not have the protection in Aigle(UCI hq) and Manchester British Cycling hq, it will restrict his potential to get his golden handshake like everyone else has.

Aint the problem that Kennaugh and G have seen the beneficence displayed upon Wigans, Froome, and other knights, on Cav... and they are queuing up for their payday, like an EPL footballer, they want their GBP so they can afford a luxury pad in London.

Oh, I agree, it would be stupid, but vengeance isn't driven by logic, and people can be crazily self-destructive to bring someone else down.

But I don't think he'll do it, as I said in my post. I wouldn't be surprised if he, Cound or some of his entourage tried something more subtle and sneaky though ,and it back-fired and brought the whole damn house down..

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Just hearing the news on Mr Dawgitty and his climb down. What a wet streak of...beep beep! Why bother making his 'stand' in the first place if he climbs down so easily.
Could've just said from the start ''I support Gollum in his winning record blah blah but I don't support him with Jiffy-gate''. Situation neutralized. Gollum already acknowledged he'd made a balls of it.

Narcissists the lot of 'em.
(Apart from Geeee obviously, he's a lovely lad).

You Froome of Dawginess
All serpent words and smirky
Hubris abundant

(Froome Haiku)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Dan2016 said:
You Froome of Dawginess
Hubris abundant

(Froome Haiku)

need to mark it down, because no cound modern macbeth in this haiku. need

michelle modern macbeth
cound cray alliterationz
gollum SDB

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

blackcat said:
Dan2016 said:
You Froome of Dawginess
Hubris abundant

(Froome Haiku)

need to mark it down, because no cound modern macbeth in this haiku. need

michelle modern macbeth
cound cray alliterationz
gollum SDB

Haha! Cound cray alliterationz.
The SDB kinda breaks the sound rhythm though innit?

How about:

Froomecound bidingz
Darks caves Gollumses
Broken demise

I expect Michelle will be using Instagram more than Twitter to humanize/normalize Froome from now on. Why? Because it looks like when you block people there, their comments get removed from your posts and don't stick aroundfirvotgers to see.

All I did was compliment him on his ballsy decision to move to high-rent Monaco in March 2011 on domestique money with his career going nowhere. Don't know if it was that or asking how Dr. Bermon is doing that did it. Cute appearance at Paris-Nice.
https://instagram.com/p/BRiqqN6BzfO/

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Dan2016 said:
Or
(addressing Froome):

Hey alien boy
You look stupid
On a bike

(does anyone here actually know how to do Haiku's? I'm just bored and making crap up)

five syllables
seven syllables
five syllables

Under Cound thumb will
lead Dawgness to skeletal
fame and gollum pride

Re:

Beech Mtn said:
Does Froome have a knighthood? I didn't think he did yet.

Also, for the Brits- does Froome have endorsement deals/advertising? I know Wiggo has had lots of deals for all kinds of things, but don't really have the impression of seeing Froome in ads for products. I don't read the bike mags like I used to though, so very well could have missed those things.

Did wiggo have that many deals? He was in ads for cycling related things and SKy things I think but Hoy got the breakfast cereal adds and the gymanst Luis something got SUbway but I don't remember much for Wiggins.

The big money makers are the book deal scams and twiggos 2nd edition revisionist history in 2012 was a good seller for a few weeks then fell off. I wonder if Froome's recent revisionist books matched that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Electress said:
The Hitch said:
Robert5091 said:
What's the odds for Froome getting Jiffy bags thrown at him in the TdF?
The odds that Sky will claim it happened to try and manufacture fake sympathy, are significantly higher than the chances of it actually happening.

Jiffy bags filled with urine? Lovely

colostomy bags > jiffy bags.

cant wait for the 2017 grenades tossed at LRP

TRENDING THREADS