• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 929 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

blackcat said:
Electress said:
The Hitch said:
Robert5091 said:
What's the odds for Froome getting Jiffy bags thrown at him in the TdF?
The odds that Sky will claim it happened to try and manufacture fake sympathy, are significantly higher than the chances of it actually happening.

Jiffy bags filled with urine? Lovely

colostomy bags > jiffy bags.

cant wait for the 2017 grenades tossed at LRP

Is LRP specially wearing a Sky uniform at the TDF ?

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Nothing indicative whatsoever of Froome being a supposed doper in Today's Volta a Catalunya stage. He was drifting on and of the group with Valverde and Contador on the final climb struggling to hold the wheel with his high cadence style of climbing. Could not go with Valverde. He is clearly not in his best form yet.

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Robert5091 said:
Froome's still getting in shape - wait until he starts dehydrating, then he'll really motor (sic).

I'm betting on this guy to pull 24gigawatts in the Alps this year and lay waste to Froomey.

2j3h56f.jpg

https://youtu.be/a3w2xHOkhmY?t=1m23s

Re: Re:

Robert5091 said:
Susan Westemeyer said:
I sometimes think I was the only one who saw that happen!
Saw it too ... what was that? :confused: Thought they were off home early - watched on mute so don't know if it was commentated on.

I tuned in late, and this was almost the first thing I saw. I think it was just before Herrada set off, if anybody has it on DVR, so around 14:35CET. I thought they said it had been in for X-Ray, but as it was Kirby talking, I wasn't really listening closely.

Kirby was talking made-up nonsense as usual . It was simply Froome's road bike being carried by Ivan Millan (Sky mechanic) from the mechanics truck where it was stored without wheels and handing it to Thomas Kousgaard along with a pair of training wheels who put it into a team car, which i'd imagine given Froome had finished the TT was simply taking him back to the hotel after his warm-down.

samhocking said:
Kirby was talking made-up nonsense as usual . It was simply Froome's road bike being carried by Ivan Millan (Sky mechanic) from the mechanics truck where it was stored without wheels and handing it to Thomas Kousgaard along with a pair of training wheels who put it into a team car, which i'd imagine given Froome had finished the TT was simply taking him back to the hotel after his warm-down.

Very useful to have a bike when you are doing some recon of TDF stage after Romandie.

samhocking said:

Kirby mentioned it in passing seeing there was a picture on the coverage - To say Kirby spoke made-up nonsense is wrong.

CTQ said:
samhocking said:

Very useful to have a bike when you are doing some recon of TDF stage after Romandie.

didnt think about that. agree

yaco said:
samhocking said:

Kirby mentioned it in passing seeing there was a picture on the coverage - To say Kirby spoke made-up nonsense is wrong.

Apart from it was Froomes Road bike, it wasn't a UCI official returning his examined TT bike, but Sky's mechanic handing it to another Sky mechanic wearing Team Sky official polo shirt and putting it in a Sky car, he didn't make anything else up no.

samhocking said:
yaco said:
samhocking said:

Apart from it was Froomes Road bike, it wasn't a UCI official returning his examined TT bike, but Sky's mechanic handing it to another Sky mechanic wearing Team Sky official polo shirt and putting it in a Sky car, he didn't make anything else up no.

It was a strange piece of vision and not one you often see in a race - Actually I'm staggered it made the coverage.

Well it goes to show how TV can perpetuate anything, when you have a fool leading and others want to make it something it probably isn't on social media.

Kirby, having just watched this live footage of Froome in an ITT on a TT bike with disc wheel, and then his road bike being filmed for some reason being carried by a mechanic, comments on live TV to thousands of cycling fans:
"This is Chris Froome's bike being handed back, having been monitored, presumably x-rayed, jigged, and the like"

Froome only finished 10 minutes earlier, he's still warming down on his TT bike lol!

Cyclingnews Journalist and administration here - Susan Westemeyer‏ then tweets "What was that with Froome's bike????"
Eurosport's Jose Been replies "we wondered also ;-0"
Susan Westemeyer replies "One could come up with all sorts of thoughts on that....."
thehog, presumably reading this on twitter then posts here "Dawg up to his old tricks again, looking for any advantage he can get"
LaFlorecita then replies "It was just the frame too, they had removed the wheels. Why not put it on the roof of the car?"

This all stems from Kirby making stuff up and individuals at Eurosport seemingly happy to push an assumption, something is suspicious without checking anything, despite having a relatively large following on Twitter and the ability to then report from that position of at least the cycling media and the influence that can have, even if not intended.
While you don't expect Kirby to be aware of anything, some basic common sense while watching tells you all you needed to know that it was just a mechanic putting a bike into a team car, like every mechanic does thousands of times a season.

ivan-millar.png