• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 938 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

silvergrenade said:
ontheroad said:
Out of all the examples of Froome's words not matching his actions, the most glaring one is him signing a new contract with sky.

Utterly illogical given how Wiggins was pumped with Kenacort prior to the 2012 tour where Froome was the stronger rider. Froome would have every right to feel very bitter about that. He subsequently said enough in comments to the press that let the public know he was disappointed in the team but yet his actions haven't backed this up. Even offering words of praise for Brailsford on the eve of the tour. I would take anything said by Froome with a large pinch of salt.
Where can he get the Salary, resources and the Team outside of Sky?

There are plenty of other of top teams capable of offering a 3 x TDF winner an attractive package. Talk is cheap though and Froome carefully distancing himself from the inner workings of sky whilst simultaneously praising Brailsford, then subsequently signing a new contract is the equivalent of talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Froome to pick up more time today on Bardet and Uran to give him enough space to do his signature move of a modest time loss on another climb, to try and make things look believable. With the relatively poor quality / condition of the remaining competitors he is having to ride so far within himself it is almost comical.

I'm personally convinced he has been capable of having the most watts on every TDF stage since 2012 but that he is intentionally choosing to sandbag and ride far more conservatively than in 2012-2013 to try and prevent things looking ludicrous. A simple but great strategy.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Froome has now earned more yellow jerseys than Jacques Anquetil... words can't explain, how did this come to pass??? I feel nauseous!

Not many would have predicted that, certainly not many who watched the tour of Poland in 2011...

It's not so much that he was dropped by several riders and his own team mate but the extent of the amount of time that he lost in 300 metres (22 secs) and the zig zagging to the finish that is bizarre. Frooome has never made much sense though so it still wouldn't surprise me to see him reverse that form again before the end of the tour. He appeared to spend far more time out of the saddle than normal, I don't know what ever happened the marginal gain of climbing mountains in the saddle, it seems to have been ditched somewhat recently. The dynamic between landa and Froome will be interesting now, Landa looked as though he was out for a Sunday spin at the foot of the last climb it was like Froome and Wiggins in reverse from 5 years ago.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Interesting stage finish today.
May be all back to "normal" tomorrow, or we may see the final demise of the last 5 years strongest GT rider.
The team behind Froome definetely delivering as asked.

cyclisme-dopage.com‏ @cyclismedopage (Humour)

Le jury des commissaires se réunit. Froome pourrait être reclassé dans le même temps que Bardet.
(Cause panne moteur dans les 3 derniers km)

Tr: The Board of Commissioners meets. Froome could be reclassified at the same time as Bardet.
(Cause engine failure in the last 3 km)

Re:

ontheroad said:
It's not so much that he was dropped by several riders and his own team mate but the extent of the amount of time that he lost in 300 metres (22 secs) and the zig zagging to the finish that is bizarre. Frooome has never made much sense though so it still wouldn't surprise me to see him reverse that form again before the end of the tour. He appeared to spend far more time out of the saddle than normal, I don't know what ever happened the marginal gain of climbing mountains in the saddle, it seems to have been ditched somewhat recently. The dynamic between landa and Froome will be interesting now, Landa looked as though he was out for a Sunday spin at the foot of the last climb it was like Froome and Wiggins in reverse from 5 years ago.

Yeh - where was the ridiculous spinning cadence that we usually see....he was stomping on the pedals - totally different to usual.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Cycle Chic said:
ontheroad said:

Yeh - where was the ridiculous spinning cadence that we usually see....he was stomping on the pedals - totally different to usual.

It looked really strange, like the battery or motor that power assists him went dead and he was left to his own devices... If he was physically blown you'd think he'd put it in a bigger dear and grind over the last few meters rather than zig zagging

You got the unsettling feeling that it was - for a brief period - the real Froome we saw. If you are cracking you normally dont start to zig-zag like a madman, and you dont just simply crack straight out of the blue with 200 meters to go and finds out that you suddenly cant cope with the gradients.

Very uncomfortable.

deeno1975 said:
Cycle Chic said:
ontheroad said:

It looked really strange, like the battery or motor that power assists him went dead and he was left to his own devices... If he was physically blown you'd think he'd put it in a bigger dear and grind over the last few meters rather than zig zagging

I must say, this was my first thought. It was as if something went 'pop'.
Maybe it was just him that went 'pop' :lol:

Re:

Dr.Guess said:
Astana must have gotten hand of one of those "take out the motor"- thingies. Much like anti missile and what not works.
Maybe I'll get the Eurosport player after all.

Astana sucks pretty bad apart from Aru, for sure worse than Sunweb at Giro.

Anyhow, its time for flushing a blood bag down the toilet on the rest day it seems. Landa is getting dangerous for Froome.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

ppanther92 said:
Dr.Guess said:
Astana must have gotten hand of one of those "take out the motor"- thingies. Much like anti missile and what not works.

Anyhow, its time for flushing a blood bag down the toilet on the rest day it seems. Landa is getting dangerous for Froome.

Damn, just posted the same in the Landa thread without reading your comment... :D

great minds or fools........ :D

Benotti69 said:
ppanther92 said:
Dr.Guess said:

Damn, just posted the same in the Landa thread without reading your comment... :D

great minds or fools........ :D

:D

TRENDING THREADS