• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 961 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
WHY is Froome dropping to the back of the pack before a climb - commentaors shouting that Froomes in trouble - then proceeds to motor his way through them - sumets going on - he's either sucking on the inhaler or its sumet to do with the battery / motor.

After yesterdays stage I,ve not seen him looking so fresh

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
WHY is Froome dropping to the back of the pack before a climb - commentaors shouting that Froomes in trouble - then proceeds to motor his way through them - sumets going on - he's either sucking on the inhaler or its sumet to do with the battery / motor.

After yesterdays stage I,ve not seen him looking so fresh

At least his usual behaviour is consistent with the use of a motorized bike: he fights as he can during the first two thirds of the climb, usually supported by his team or suffering and yo-yoing if under attack and, at the end, he enters his '*** mode' and empties his battery in a brutal attack spinning up at unbelievably high rpms and looking fresh and strong. I like him very much -he seems polite and even sweet- but cannot believe him anymore.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Re:

rhubroma said:
Froome was faster than Olano and Armstrong in 98, in the "full EPO era," and by 30 seconds!
Froome and Contador were 25 secs faster than Olano and Armstrong in 1998 and 38 secs slower than Jimenez in 2000.

Nrzo6wG.png

http://www.climbing-records.com/2017/08/only-contador-can-follow-froome-on-cati.html?m=1

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Marco Pantani said:
Allowing this clown to keep winning on his motorbike is a complete farce, cycling is dead.

Indeed it is, at least to me. i cannot continue to watch or follow the sport at the pro level, at least not with the passion of before. Its really ridiculous. I thought about FloJo and her ridiculous records that stand till today and how she got away with it, one aspect of athletics that saddens me and then I thought about Froome and his getting away with it. Winning multiple GTs including 2 in a year is getting away with it. Its comparable to 7 TDFs by LA. An in your face move.

Re: Re:

thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
Froome sets a new best time on Puig Llorenca. Another insane performance in Spain, Chris around 7 w/kg!

http://www.climbing-records.com/2017/08/froome-new-best-time-on-puig-llorenca.html

A circus.

It was insane but to be fair they've only only climbed it twice, so a record was expected. The fact that it was done into a headwind made is suspect.
And considering the old record was set by Tom Dumoulin it shouldn't be a surprise since Dumoulin's not a climber... Right? :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
miguelindurain111 said:
Benotti69 said:
Froome sets a new best time on Puig Llorenca. Another insane performance in Spain, Chris around 7 w/kg!

http://www.climbing-records.com/2017/08/froome-new-best-time-on-puig-llorenca.html

A circus.

Yeah, 7 secs faster than mountain goat Dumoulin in 2015 :lol:

Into a headwind and given he's done the TdF as well, but lets not get ahead of ourselves....... :rolleyes:

In terms of brute power it was impressive as the climb was so super steep and into a headwind. The length was short so it was nothing like a Ventoux or PSM.

I wish you'd understand the difference in wattages per kilo rather than looking at the figure as an absolute.

jilbiker said:
Marco Pantani said:
Allowing this clown to keep winning on his motorbike is a complete farce, cycling is dead.

Indeed it is, at least to me. i cannot continue to watch or follow the sport at the pro level, at least not with the passion of before. Its really ridiculous. I thought about FloJo and her ridiculous records that stand till today and how she got away with it, one aspect of athletics that saddens me and then I thought about Froome and his getting away with it. Winning multiple GTs including 2 in a year is getting away with it. Its comparable to 7 TDFs by LA. An in your face move.

This is me. I am so weary of the whole charade. It's not enjoyable to watch on any level. The fact the UKAD investigation seems to have disappeared into the long grass along with the select committee...kind of looks like they'll all get away with it.

I can't help wondering just how much they want? Froome a level above GC leaders who don't have the Tour in their legs? Just how much more of the shoving our face in it do they want?