• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 970 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

staubsauger said:
TheSpud said:
Benotti69 said:
A few Italian teams were Irish registered, don't remember them flying green white and gold.........

Didn't know that - strange
Only Tenax was Irish wasn't it? CSF was registered in Northern Ireland

CSF were registered in Dublin, R.O.I.

Think the same offices as Daragh McQuaid, but i could be mistaken.

jilbiker said:
Arked said:
jilbiker said:
Look at the way Froome came back today in the last 4km. People have called it faking. But why is he so confident that he will bridge up?? He seems at the limit, but he has something extra...yes, a motor....I remember TylerH said he always felt LA had something extra...

He simply knows how much power he need to put to bridge. If he knows his watts are where they should be there is no need to panic. He don't need to respond right away to early attacks because he knows his rivals are unable to put more w/kg on average than him and it is almost sure thing he'll catch them. He also knows that accelerations are physiologically ineffective and it's better to keep power steady and sub threshold for most of the time. The only time he absolutely needs to respond right away to attacks are last 1-2kms of the steep climb because there might be no time to do steady chasing. This whole yo-yo thing is just Froome riding painfully effective on contrary to the most of the rivals.

You make Froome sound like a mathematical and biking genius, kind of like what was branded about Lance and explaining how he was so dominant for 7 years. Not buying it especially in cycling, that one has it all figured out each time

Are you kidding ? Don't you think he works with Kerrison on power output and sub-threshold/threshold riding, as do the rest of the team. It's basic sports physiology for this sort of thing.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

jilbiker said:
thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:

It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.

Use this link: https://youtu.be/CylFWy-HwDk?t=31m50s

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.

Yes it does seem strange. How is that bike moving? Was that a downhill slope perhaps? but it did look like there was some burst, was that guy standing next to him pushing. It did not seem like....but also remember he got a bike from the neutral service. Still the bike seems to move on its own

Froome pushes off with his right foot. You don't even need to do that to get a bike rolling as anybody who has ridden would know.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
qwerty16 said:
samhocking said:
Libertine Seguros said:
<<<<<<snipped for brevity a great post>>>>>>.

What I get from this, is in you opinion, it is better for teams and riders to maintain omerta and say nothing about success and how it comes about, than to lie it is done clean and by hard work? I would say perhaps both are just as bad for the sport and as twisted as each other though. So far (by that I mean so far in a legal evidence sense) there is no doping with Sky's 'lies', but continual doping with teams not saying how they won? I would ask what is better? Omerta so you don't have to lie or lies so you don't have to maintain Omerta?

Also guys that did actually get caught and are still denying everything get cheered on big time. Double standards much?

The long post has an anti Sky-bias dripping through every single paragraph. But hey, Sky are the bad guys among Contador, Valverde et al, so everbody is applauding the post.

The Contador, Valverde et al don't having fans screaming from the roof tops about being clean due to marginal gains BS or train harder or other BS. It is you who claims an anti sky basis on the team being supposedly British. It aint British. Last time i looked Murdoch was an American born in Australia. Most of the riders are non British. Froome is Kenyan. Wiggins was born in Belgium. so puhleeeaseee get off the nationalist jingoism and sky moaning.

Re Samhocking. You at this stage should know better to continue posting that kind of stuff. Accusing Libertine of omertà is way out of order, WAY OUT OF ORDER!!!

Sky PLC is British. A pan European broadcaster and telecom company headquartered in London and listed on the London stock exchange. Rupert Murdoch currently owns 40% of it via 21st Century Fox

Froome was eligible for a British passport from birth due to his father Clive being British. If you had gone to Rugby like his Brothers I don't suppose he would have had much interest in cycling.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

adamfo said:
jilbiker said:
thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:

It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.

Yes it does seem strange. How is that bike moving? Was that a downhill slope perhaps? but it did look like there was some burst, was that guy standing next to him pushing. It did not seem like....but also remember he got a bike from the neutral service. Still the bike seems to move on its own

Froome pushes off with his right foot. You don't even need to do that to get a bike rolling as anybody who has ridden would know.

He does't push off with his right foot. He uses his right foot twice but not to push off where suddenly the bike accelerates.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Because it's easier to believe that a rider can go from DQ'd for holding a moto to Vuelta podium in a few short months. I mean "anybody who has ridden" would know massive gains are super easy to achieve.
Watch the video the bike clearly goes up and to the left, up and to the left, up and to the left......

Cycle Chic said:
Jimsnchz said:
Finished watching Stage 12 on Olympic TV broadcast. After the finish Froome is talking to another Sky teammate. Right shoe unclipped, left leg straight. His handler has an arm around his waist. I might be overly exhausted but it looks like the bike starts moving without the cranks moving. Looks strange to the eye. It's at the 1:45 minute of their 2 hour broadcast.

JIMSNCHZ - I just want to give you some kudos because you spotted this footage. WELL DONE GREAT SPOT !!

Hopefully you just found Froomes 'hospital room incident'

Not sure if this is the same video as I can't watch it. I'm on vacation at the moment. But SBS Australia have full reply of all the stages on their website. You might need an Australian VPN to view the video.

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/videos

observer said:
Cycle Chic said:
Jimsnchz said:
Finished watching Stage 12 on Olympic TV broadcast. After the finish Froome is talking to another Sky teammate. Right shoe unclipped, left leg straight. His handler has an arm around his waist. I might be overly exhausted but it looks like the bike starts moving without the cranks moving. Looks strange to the eye. It's at the 1:45 minute of their 2 hour broadcast.

JIMSNCHZ - I just want to give you some kudos because you spotted this footage. WELL DONE GREAT SPOT !!

Hopefully you just found Froomes 'hospital room incident'

Not sure if this is the same video as I can't watch it. I'm on vacation at the moment. But SBS Australia have full reply of all the stages on their website. You might need an Australian VPN to view the video.

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/videos

I was able to look. It's just past 2h 6Min in the video. It really just looks like he pushes off with his right leg.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
adamfo said:
thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:

He does't push off with his right foot. He uses his right foot twice but not to push off where suddenly the bike accelerates.[/quote]

Nope. The guy is pushing him and at 32.14 Froome dabs again

bigcog said:
Cycle Chic said:
it cant have been on an incline because he doesnt have hold of the brakes....the bike just suddenly rides itself.

:lol: really how did the rider at 31.54 or thereabouts who went past him in same direction without peddling propel himself, wind power ? Looks like tin foil is in short supply.

Even if it was on the incline Froome is actually across the gradient when he moves away from Nieve. The bike accelerates - how can it do that across the road.
The Cannondale rider came into the frame at speed so he was already riding past, heading back. And if there was an incline that also explains the cannondale riders speed.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
i follow digger forum on twitter he may look like a little obssesed with froome and sky , but the froome attack on ventoux raise many eyebrowns and also the hypocrisy from Sky is pretty evident so keep going digger , your battle is a good battle

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
https://youtu.be/jBxfQJOHJxc

at 2mins 40 secs Vargas states the rear mechanised wheel works with a REMOTE control or cardio. Froome is always on the radio at bizarre times.
Varjas is a snake oil salesman. Don't believe anything he says.

Cycle Chic said:
https://youtu.be/jBxfQJOHJxc

at 2mins 40 secs Vargas states the rear mechanised wheel works with a REMOTE control or cardio. Froome is always on the radio at bizarre times.
What does this mean; when is it a bizarre time to be on the radio? We already know Sky heavily depend on numbers for their riding and setting a tempo based on how their leader is feeling; this kind of system is naturally going to result in a lot of communication.

Can you give an example of a 'bizarre' time when Froome has been on the radio; just one instance when the most credible explanation is that he has a remote controlled motor, rather than is communicating with his team?

Re:

Tienus said:
Can you give an example of a 'bizarre' time when Froome has been on the radio; just one instance when the most credible explanation is that he has a remote controlled motor, rather than is communicating with his team?

https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/903640892602556417
It seems pretty clear that he's saying something to Poels there. Maybe they had planned to sprint for bonus seconds, but Froome called it off, perhaps because it was too crowded it wasnt worth the risk. Immediately once he started talking Poels eased off.

What's the alternative theory? That he was using a motor at that point in the race, for absolutely no benefit, and was activating it by talking into his microphone? :rolleyes: This kind of nonsense it what allows the Sky media scyocphants and one eyed fans to laugh at the Clinic and dismiss it as full of wacky conspiracy theorists. It detracts from the central and much better supported arguments against Froome.

What's the alternative theory? That he was using a motor at that point in the race, for absolutely no benefit, and was activating it by talking into his microphone?

Maybe the motor needs to be switched off.

viewtopic.php?p=1860311#p1860311
Was Femke using a motor at that point in the race, for absolutely no benefit?

I have posted videos of van Aert fiddling with his watch and Boom grabbing something under his skin suit just before passing the finish line first.

This kind of nonsense it what allows the Sky media scyocphants and one eyed fans to laugh at the Clinic and dismiss it as full of wacky conspiracy theorists. It detracts from the central and much better supported arguments against Froome.

I think the Sky media scyocphants and one eyed fans laugh and dismiss the better supported arguments as well.
Anyway I'm not too bothered with anyone laughing at me or the clinic.

Re:

Tienus said:

From the Cycling Weekley report:

“We were riding to stay in front and not to let any time splits go in the final,” Froome said. “I didn’t want to compete in the sprint myself, but I had Gianni Moscon with me in the final kilometre, he put me in good position and I said, ‘Go, try to get the stage’ because I could see he was looking strong."

May 26, 2010
Visit site

DFA123 said:
Tienus said:

It seems pretty clear that he's saying something to Poels there. Maybe they had planned to sprint for bonus seconds, but Froome called it off, perhaps because it was too crowded it wasnt worth the risk. Immediately once he started talking Poels eased off.

What's the alternative theory? That he was using a motor at that point in the race, for absolutely no benefit, and was activating it by talking into his microphone? :rolleyes: This kind of nonsense it what allows the Sky media scyocphants and one eyed fans to laugh at the Clinic and dismiss it as full of wacky conspiracy theorists. It detracts from the central and much better supported arguments against Froome.

Yeah, the clinic got it so wrong on loads, Armstrong and others, I mean pffttt, crazy conspiracies about cheating in cycling, CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

“We were riding to stay in front and not to let any time splits go in the final,” Froome said. “I didn’t want to compete in the sprint myself, but I had Gianni Moscon with me in the final kilometre, he put me in good position and I said, ‘Go, try to get the stage’ because I could see he was looking strong."

Did you read the title of the article?

Team Sky’s Gianni Moscon: ‘I saw the chance to sprint and thought why not?’
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/vuelta-a-espana/team-skys-gianni-moscon-saw-chance-sprint-thought-not-348877

Also from the article:

“Today we were there to pull for Chris in the final and last kilometre, I was there and positioned well and thought, ‘Why don’t I do the sprint?'” Moscon told Cycling Weekly.

“The decision was taken spontaneously. I saw that everyone was positioned well and so I did it and Chris would have liked it and maybe it would have even cost gaps for his rivals. So why not?”

Someone is not telling the truth.

Anyway I would just have shouted instead of using my radio. Maybe thats what Froome did and he just told the team car they did not need to call Moscon back. Hopefully the team car was still within reception.

Re:

Tienus said:

Did you read the title of the article?

Team Sky’s Gianni Moscon: ‘I saw the chance to sprint and thought why not?’
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/vuelta-a-espana/team-skys-gianni-moscon-saw-chance-sprint-thought-not-348877

Also from the article:

“Today we were there to pull for Chris in the final and last kilometre, I was there and positioned well and thought, ‘Why don’t I do the sprint?'” Moscon told Cycling Weekly.

“The decision was taken spontaneously. I saw that everyone was positioned well and so I did it and Chris would have liked it and maybe it would have even cost gaps for his rivals. So why not?”

Someone is not telling the truth.

Anyway I would just have shouted instead of using my radio. Maybe thats what Froome did and he just told the team car they did not need to call Moscon back. Hopefully the team car was still within reception.
It's quite probable for Moscon to decide to sprint and for Froome to decide to encourage him to sprint entirely independently. It wasn't exactly an unusual choice to make.

However, if you want to think that Froome asking for some sort of unspecified remote controlled motor to be turned off is a more credible than him giving encouragement to a teammate, then well done, you have completely lost your mind.

Benotti69 said:
DFA123 said:
Tienus said:

Yeah, the clinic got it so wrong on loads, Armstrong and others, I mean pffttt, crazy conspiracies about cheating in cycling, CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the thing is that Armstrong wasn't a crazy conspiracy - there was a lot of evidence out there - just as there has been with most of the thing the clinic has got right. Just as there is evidence incriminating Froome for doping - which is where the focus should be.

It's self defeating to dilute the weight of the doping argument against Froome by adding completely unfounded theories about a microphone triggered motor. It is exactly what Sky would want you to do - because it makes you sound ridiculous in the view of the average cycling fan.

However, if you want to think that Froome asking for some sort of unspecified remote controlled motor to be turned off is a more credible than him giving encouragement to a teammate, then well done, you have completely lost your mind.

I think he might simply be pressing a button to switch his engine off meanwhile pretending to talk on his radio.

If you think he is giving encouragement to a teammate over the radio with 400m to go in a sprint finish, then well done, you have completely lost your mind.

TRENDING THREADS