• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 972 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

telencefalus said:
also expect this to happen at la vuelta
Froome to make look it a bit more credible will lose a minute or more due to some" bad "day , he Always did it in every grand tour , he was sick in 2015 but still outclimb everybody but Nairo quintana , are you crazy you are sick and you lose minutes not seconds ,
He did in 2013 , in this year he lose almost a minute in the parade in Paris , he was leading by 5 minutes ending to 4,20 seconds to made look credible
He did in 2016 with the formigal stage , he did in the last tour de france , he will do it in la vuelta , this tell you that HE HAS TOTAL CONTROL of the outcome of the race , Froome could lose only if sky decide to or for crash.
This coud be explain only with the existance of some help from outside Froome body

I anticipate two things to come: Froome will, as you say, have a little 'crisis'. Nothing too major, but just enough for 'plausibility'. He'll also have another timely mechanical. Maybe the two will co-incide.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

Electress said:
telencefalus said:
Froome to make look it a bit more credible will lose a minute or more due to some" bad "day , he Always did it in every grand tour , he was sick in 2015 but still outclimb everybody but Nairo quintana , are you crazy you are sick and you lose minutes not seconds ,
He did in 2013 , in this year he lose almost a minute in the parade in Paris , he was leading by 5 minutes ending to 4,20 seconds to made look credible
He did in 2016 with the formigal stage , he did in the last tour de france , he will do it in la vuelta , this tell you that HE HAS TOTAL CONTROL of the outcome of the race , Froome could lose only if sky decide to or for crash.
This coud be explain only with the existance of some help from outside Froome body

I anticipate two things to come: Froome will, as you say, have a little 'crisis'. Nothing too major, but just enough for 'plausibility'. He'll also have another timely mechanical. Maybe the two will co-incide.
don't know if he will have a mechanical but for sure he will lose a minute or more , but i don't know why other teams do nothing this is bad Nibali prepare without letour and he has been dominated , other teams do something

Re:

telencefalus said:
have you see how keldermann was at the end of tt he was dying will froome smiles and fresh , it's the same of ventoux Quintana almost died while Froome smile and fresh , i think that it's some help from the outside of Froome biology that's pretty obvious
But i would like that the truth come out not after 10 years even if i think froome will espace forever

Froome needed an oxygen mask after Ventoux :lol:

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
nothing compared to Quintana , but explain me in what way Froome was ill in the last two stages of 2015 tour but still outclimb everybody but Quintana if you are sick you lose minutes not seconds :lol:

Re:

telencefalus said:
nothing compared to Quintana , but explain me in what way Froome was ill in the last two stages of 2015 tour but still outclimb everybody but Quintana if you are sick you lose minutes not seconds :lol:
Froome needed an oxygen mask, and yet this was nothing compared to Quintana.

The only thing that would conform to this would be if Quintana passed out, which I don't remember. Hyperbole?

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Brullnux said:
telencefalus said:

The only thing that would conform to this would be if Quintana passed out, which I don't remember. Hyperbole?
well Quintana was way worse than froome , but someone please answer to the fact that if you are ill you lose minutes and not seconds ,and you are not outclimb by just a 54 kg climber :confused:

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
well the excuse of froome ill at the 2015 tour is just a sign of their infinite arrogance and just confirm the fact that they have the complete control on the outcome of the race

telencefalus said:
Brullnux said:
telencefalus said:

well Quintana was way worse than froome , but someone please answer to the fact that if you are ill you lose minutes and not seconds ,and you are not outclimb by just a 54 kg climber :confused:
I was clearly referring to the first sentence

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
telencefalus said:
have you see how keldermann was at the end of tt he was dying will froome smiles and fresh , it's the same of ventoux Quintana almost died while Froome smile and fresh , i think that it's some help from the outside of Froome biology that's pretty obvious
But i would like that the truth come out not after 10 years even if i think froome will espace forever

So did Eddy Merckx. Guess what? He doped.

Doping makes you go faster, it doesn't take the pain away. Although he probably gets most of his calories from tramadol. Someone should tell him it's not candy.

fmk_RoI said:
El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:

Like **** he did. His bidon was spiked. His doctor goofed. And the tests don't work. Eddy was cleans and I'll arm-wrestle anyone who says different.

I'm guessing that the post "defending" Merckx was meant to be sarcastic.

Re:

telencefalus said:

To be fair Keldermann's time was pretty suspicious as well. Poels might take the cake though.

Too bad we didn't have an in-form Rohan Dennis in the time trial; it would've been an interesting point of reference.

telencefalus said:
Electress said:
telencefalus said:

don't know if he will have a mechanical but for sure he will lose a minute or more , but i don't know why other teams do nothing this is bad Nibali prepare without letour and he has been dominated , other teams do something
It's reaching the point where the only pro active thing that the other teams can do is burn the sport to the ground, and I mean raze it completely, in unison. Confess to everything - PEDs, techniques, mechanical assistance - the whole shebang. Then they need to refuse to take the start line until Sky do the same.

But that's not going to happen.

El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:
telencefalus said:

Doping makes you go faster, it doesn't take the pain away. Although he probably gets most of his calories from tramadol. Someone should tell him it's not candy.

And?

I was replying to a comment that said Froome was relatively fresh after Ventoux having dropped everyone.

If you're pushing yourself to the limit, of course it's gonna hurt, be that at 200W for an infrequent commuter, 300W for an amateur or 400+W as a pro rider

In the PRR it was claimed that froome got a lot less moto pacing than the other gc riders. Even so, he simply stomped them at the end of his second subsequent gc battle in a gt.

A fatigued froome not only beats specifically prepared opponents but also withstands and excells in uneven drafting conditions? Sure.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:
telencefalus said:

And?

I was replying to a comment that said Froome was relatively fresh after Ventoux having dropped everyone.

If you're pushing yourself to the limit, of course it's gonna hurt, be that at 200W for an infrequent commuter, 300W for an amateur or 400+W as a pro rider
ah Froome doped , but he doesn't not say that he is a clean cyclist ?

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
so to sum up Froome season in 2017 , he first part was really mediocre , while from Dauphine it stars the rise , at letour he finished GAINING weight , pretty singular , he ate like at Christmas dinner? ok , than in the 26 days from la vuelta he train so much 3000 km and lose all the weight , at la vuelta in the first week Froome was at almost his peak ever and now he does not fade , after more than 8000 km , just tell me if he is a regular doper , i think not

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
i think that the 2013 fake sugar crisis , the fake illness in 2015 ( it's fake in both case because you lose minutes not seconds) are made for making team sky important and not Froome , team sky aim is to seems a team that help their leader win in the moment of difficulty , and that's why froome Always say that if he ws not in sky he will go for stage win , because the main aim is to MAKE THING TEAM SKY IS THE BEST TEAM and not Froome is a champion

was thinking about something Sean Kelly remarked on when Froome had the mechanical at the foot of the climb and KWIATKOWSKI gave him his bike. (in the TDF)

Kelly said that it was odd that another domestique less important than Kwiatkowski would have given up his bike.

Well it makes sense if Kwiatkowski also had a motorised bike.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

telencefalus said:
so to sum up Froome season in 2017 , he first part was really mediocre , while from Dauphine it stars the rise , at letour he finished GAINING weight , pretty singular , he ate like at Christmas dinner? ok , than in the 26 days from la vuelta he train so much 3000 km and lose all the weight , at la vuelta in the first week Froome was at almost his peak ever and now he does not fade , after more than 8000 km , just tell me if he is a regular doper , i think not

The gaining weight thing is hilarious. One of the problems associated with lots of workouts and no rest periods is that eventually catabolism starts to destroy some of your muscle mass. There's really no way to prevent it without rest or dope. So to gain weight means that Froome's W/kg should have been noticeably dropping towards the end of the Tour since muscle mass would have been decreasing and body fat would have been increasing.

In the "old days", it used to be that GT contenders would go into the race about five pounds heavier than ideal in order to add some protection against this.

John Swanson

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Re:

telencefalus said:

Froom had his "bad day" already... Lost 34 seconds or so to Nibali on Los Machucos.... Got that over with, full gas tomorrow..

Was listening to Bret weinstein, Biology professor at evergreen college, not talking about doping, just about life in general

"when 2 individuals compete, 1 of whom is completely amoral, will embrace any opportunity, no matter what it is, and the other individual has some limit to what they will do, over time the second individual will always win".

apart from in cycling of course. There the super moral people who have strong limits on everthing, have been for 6 years now kicking the asses of the amoral do anything types :eek:

Sky literally transcend science.

TRENDING THREADS