• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 975 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

DanielSong39 said:
OK, Froome will win the Vuelta tomorrow; it's just a matter of how. I see a few possibilities; not sure which one Sky will pick:

(1) Froome yo-yos to a spectacular stage victory
(2) Froome yo-yos only a little, and finishes with the other GC contenders to clinch the race
(3) Froome gets dropped early in the final climb, where he is immediately surrounded by 7 teammates. They limit the damage to 30 seconds as he struggles across the line surrounded by 4 teammates.

I think (3) pushes the Sky narrative the best but it's also the most risky. I don't think (1) will invite any more scrutiny than usual so I think Froome will go for it if his legs are good enough. (2) seems like the most likely possibility, though.

No matter which one they pick I'm expecting a great acting performance.

I want to see Moscon and Froome arm in arm coming to the line alone together 8 minutes ahead of the field :cool:

Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
jilbiker said:
DFA123 said:
melkemugg said:
I dont think clinic have a clue on how huge the conspiracy and the level of omertà that would require to get away with a motorised bike.
Yep, this is still something I'm struggling to see past. The mechanics, the DSs, the teammates, the race organisers, the UCI - all of them would have to be in on it if Froome is using a motorised bike on a regular basis. Yet no one has come forward in six years now with any kind of proof or concrete allegation.

That's not to say he couldn't have used a bike in isolated instances in the past, discreetly with just him and a trusted mechanic in on it for example. But the suggestion that he has been using some kind of motorized bike consistently for the last six years - winning four TdFs along the way with it - and only occasionally using a non-motorized bike when he wants to fake a bad day, is really far fetched.

Which ultimately means that a motor is not the reason for his GT dominance in the last few years. All the evidence (Leinders, Bilharzia etc..) points to normal doping and simply that Froome is a great responder.

Wasn't UCI and the whole system in on it for LA's 7 year reign? Back end settlements going on. We heard about the 100k "gift" but that must have been peanuts with what else was been settled. And what about FIFA and all the settlements that was uncovered. Absolutely, all this can be and probably is going on, SKY has the money, as long as everyone is settled, who cares. People tend to think such terms like "settlement" is a third-world thing, no it ain't, its in all man's political machinations

Lance got caught before the start of Froome's dominance. Would be extremely dumb for Sky to try the same thing again just a few years later and expect different results

You seem to have very little understanding of human behaviour or of criminology. When someone gets caught doing a crime people don't just stop doing it. On the contrary they all think they can get away with it better and try it themselves. That's why anytime the police take out a head criminal everyone fights to replace him.

Never mind the fact that the first sky tour (and sky's famous 2-3 vuelta) both came before lance was caught. Both came back in the time that lance was still oficially brads hero, was regularly talking to Wiggins (or at least brad proudly boasted about it). G Thomas was doing vlogs with lance calling him a legend. Etc.

But I do love it whenever us postal is mentioned because it gives us the chance to go over these facts again.
One of the big differences between a normal human being and the few who still believe sky is clean, is that the latter seem to always buy the revisionist post reasoned decision history, that lance and wiggo were bitter enemies, that wiggo didn't finish next to lance in lances famous comeback tour, that wiggo didn't publicly defend lance and attack his critics but instead was trying to get him exposed etc.

Once someone realised what actually happened there, buying the whole sie wiggo anti doping warrior narrative is not really possible.

The Hitch said:
PremierAndrew said:
jilbiker said:
DFA123 said:
melkemugg said:
I dont think clinic have a clue on how huge the conspiracy and the level of omertà that would require to get away with a motorised bike.
Yep, this is still something I'm struggling to see past. The mechanics, the DSs, the teammates, the race organisers, the UCI - all of them would have to be in on it if Froome is using a motorised bike on a regular basis. Yet no one has come forward in six years now with any kind of proof or concrete allegation.

That's not to say he couldn't have used a bike in isolated instances in the past, discreetly with just him and a trusted mechanic in on it for example. But the suggestion that he has been using some kind of motorized bike consistently for the last six years - winning four TdFs along the way with it - and only occasionally using a non-motorized bike when he wants to fake a bad day, is really far fetched.

Which ultimately means that a motor is not the reason for his GT dominance in the last few years. All the evidence (Leinders, Bilharzia etc..) points to normal doping and simply that Froome is a great responder.

Wasn't UCI and the whole system in on it for LA's 7 year reign? Back end settlements going on. We heard about the 100k "gift" but that must have been peanuts with what else was been settled. And what about FIFA and all the settlements that was uncovered. Absolutely, all this can be and probably is going on, SKY has the money, as long as everyone is settled, who cares. People tend to think such terms like "settlement" is a third-world thing, no it ain't, its in all man's political machinations

Lance got caught before the start of Froome's dominance. Would be extremely dumb for Sky to try the same thing again just a few years later and expect different results

You seem to have very little understanding of human behaviour or of criminology. When someone gets caught doing a crime people don't just stop doing it. On the contrary they all think they can get away with it better and try it themselves. That's why anytime the police take out a head criminal everyone fights to replace him.

Never mind the fact that the first sky tour (and sky's famous 2-3 vuelta) both came before lance was caught. Both came back in the time that lance was still oficially brads hero, was regularly talking to Wiggins (or at least brad proudly boasted about it). G Thomas was doing vlogs with lance calling him a legend. Etc.

But I do love it whenever us postal is mentioned because it gives us the chance to go over these facts again.
One of the big differences between a normal human being and the few who still believe sky is clean, is that the latter seem to always buy the revisionist post reasoned decision history, that lance and wiggo were bitter enemies, that wiggo didn't finish next to lance in lances famous comeback tour, that wiggo didn't publicly defend lance and attack his critics but instead was trying to get him exposed etc.

Once someone realised what actually happened there, buying the whole sie wiggo anti doping warrior narrative is not really possible.

What I meant when posting was after Lance and USPS bought the UCI and covered up doping tests, it would be dumb for Sky to engage in a similar conspiracy to allow Froome and maybe others to use motors. I also do wonder if Sky have a doping program themselves or if riders are simply paid so much that they can do so themselves without too much risk, because interestingly, it seems a lot of riders do just as well before they come to Sky/after they leave Sky.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
What I meant when posting was after Lance and USPS bought the UCI and covered up doping tests, it would be dumb for Sky to engage in a similar conspiracy to allow Froome and maybe others to use motors. I also do wonder if Sky have a doping program themselves or if riders are simply paid so much that they can do so themselves without too much risk, because interestingly, it seems a lot of riders do just as well before they come to Sky/after they leave Sky.

In 2012 Pat McQuaid was talking about the big party in Paris Sky were going to have after winning the tour, half way through it, then Cookson got elected and boom Froome 4 TdFs. Who is dumb? When the police (UCI) are on your side how can you lose!!!!

Where is the risk?

The time has come to honour the soon-to-be greatest rider in the history of the sport. The way he smashed this year, using TdF as a prep race to unleash hell in Vuelta is unprecedented. Some are already suggesting he should try the triple which looks quite achievable. If not for all those years wasted at Barlo and Sky before he was about to be sold, though noone was interested, if not for babysitting Wiggo in 2012 and possibly without the triple 2014 crash he could've already have 6 maybe 7 TdFs. A truly astonishing tale of a bilharzia survivor. Let's not forget, in these times of glory for British and Kenyan sport, the amazing work done by several Sky trains who surpassed other famous predecessors. And last but not least we have to thank Brian Cookson for creating a clean, doping free environment which made all this possible.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Froome is a greedy SOB who needs to be popped positive ASAP.

Also: Lefevere never forgets. I hope when Quickstep pays Froome back, it's at a really, really huge moment.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

pastronef said:
Beech Mtn said:

Also: Lefevere never forgets. I hope when Quickstep pays Froome back, it's at a really, really huge moment.

I heard a rumor Trentin and a few others finished outside time limit on the Angliru and were reinstated in the race. If I know more I will let you know

Bless your heart

Beech Mtn said:
pastronef said:
Beech Mtn said:

I heard a rumor Trentin and a few others finished outside time limit on the Angliru and were reinstated in the race. If I know more I will let you know

Bless your heart

ps. remember the intermediate sprint Froome won during stage 3? it won him the green jersey

pastronef said:
Beech Mtn said:
pastronef said:
Beech Mtn said:

Bless your heart

ps. remember the intermediate sprint Froome won during stage 3? it won him the green jersey

The time limit seems to be a non-enforceable rule at the Vuelta - see last year as an example.

I don't have a problem with Froome racing for green today, I'd have a bigger problem if he was handing out gifts which is one of my bug bears in cycling. I do however have a major problem with all the other doubts that persist about his transformation and super human performances.

Re:

ontheroad said:
I don't have a problem with Froome racing for green today, I'd have a bigger problem if he was handing out gifts which is one of my bug bears in cycling. I do however have a major problem with all the other doubts that persist about his transformation and super human performances.

Gift? You mean like when Froome gifted Contador the Angliru yesterday?

Huapango said:
ontheroad said:

Gift? You mean like when Froome gifted Contador the Angliru yesterday?

Absolutely, but he knew his audience yesterday.

pastronef said:
Beech Mtn said:

Not a rumor. I checked the rules. Time limit was 25 minutes. He (and also Villella btw) missed the time limit by about a minute and a half.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

carolina said:
pastronef said:
Beech Mtn said:

Not a rumor. I checked the rules. Time limit was 25 minutes. He (and also Villella btw) missed the time limit by about a minute and a half.

KOM misses time cut on mountain stage!!! Time to change the rules for that competition.

Benotti69 said:
carolina said:
pastronef said:
Beech Mtn said:

KOM misses time cut on mountain stage!!! Time to change the rules for that competition.

usually if you miss the time cut you get reinstated but you get ducked some points in the points classification. Froome won by 2 points (the 2 points he gained in the intermediate sprint in Andorra, eheheh!) he could have won by more if Trentin got ducked some points

via https://twitter.com/TheRaceRadio/status/906979091051454464

DJY7YK8UQAAGf44.jpg:large