• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 980 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wonder by how many minutes Froome would've won the TDF or Vuelta, if he was actually trying. My guess is 30+ minutes.

Any guesses on what Froome is looking at while he stares at the computer mounted on his stem? Battery power indicator? SDB text messages? Mexican soap operas?

thehog said:
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:

hog, you need to photoshop that to include *Atomic Jock Race winner and *sand shoe aficionado

Sadly I don't get the time to make these memes much anymore.... but it was always fun! :lol:

egwb5u.jpg

Quality meme, hog. Encapsulating the entire issue. Chapeau.

Re:

hrotha said:
10% body fat? Hahahaha, yeah right.
Internal/external body fat. Obviously the Froomes are going to pick the number that shows them in the most favorable light.
I remember an interview with Contador earlier this year in which he said he wanted to be at 3% BF for the TDF. Obviously that is just external BF, otherwise he'd be dead. But there is no way Froome is at 10% external BF in that case. And that's the issue with what they're claiming, 10% BF is considered healthy, but if you look around on google you'll see the examples of 10% BF males look nothing like Froome.

telencefalus said:
thehog said:
telencefalus said:
Benotti69 said:
thehog said:
Speaking of body fat..... it's been a lovely day out there in Twitter land.... :cool:

Just need Swart to then up tell us all "just needed to lose the fat" :rolleyes:

qqv2m9.jpg

Most TdF winners are at 6% body fat.

Swart again proven to be untrustworthy. Defending Froome against known knowledge. Lying.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2099881/how-skinny-are-top-tour-de-france-riders-really
i wonder if froome and his friends know that people could see what they said years after , because their statements are really stupid and contradictory , i guess 95 % of cycling fans don't care but these are really bull***

What was even more intriguing was Lady Michelle of Monaco accosting a cancer patient who has been on hormone replacement,jet drugs (which make you gain weight) for looking like she had 40% body fat. Most charming.
i don't want to even comment M.Cound she is not Worth of words

And yet you did.

Huapango said:
I wonder by how many minutes Froome would've won the TDF or Vuelta, if he was actually trying. My guess is 30+ minutes.

Any guesses on what Froome is looking at while he stares at the computer mounted on his stem? Battery power indicator? SDB text messages? Mexican soap operas?

The computer is on the handlebars though. The stem IS magnetising in its own right it seems.

On screen there is probably power, hr, time, cadence and a real time W' balance reading. The latter indicates how much hi intensity work (in kilojoules) he can put out above his threshold (critical Power) Watts. The harder you go, ie the more you exceed the CP, the quicker the expenditure of the w' balance. Exhaustion occurs near zero balance if the parameter values CP and W' are well defined. In pros, they probably are.

Yoyoing would fit this guess fairly well. Abstain from attacking and responding early on and ride just at CP. Then switch on the afterburners and go for it once the others have expended their capacity AND you can be sure to withstand the effort to the line.

Needless to say that real time W' balance is a race killer metric. Should be banned. heck, computers should be banned.

Cycle Chic said:
Antoine VAYER Retweeted
Antoine VAYER‏ @festinaboy 21h21 hours ago
More
Duplicity between Froome / @lancearmstrong is incredible. Look photo for article I did with french magazine Paris Match. Same golden period

DJ2RCk_WAAIV5a4.jpg

Pity Vayer fails to mention it is a series of athletes doing this 'naked profile article' in the times, nothing individual to Froome.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
CTQ said:
Benotti69 said:
Mrs Froome caught lying on twitter. Tsk tsk. Not good for Froome's.

https://twitter.com/Digger_forum/status/909365892387045378

Funny stuff. :D

how that pic is proving that she RAN the forum ?

You like Froome, huh!

I never said it did. Mrs Froome denied being a fan of Mr Armstrong. She was caught. She has been caught lying in interviews with Kimmage too.

Digger wrote she ran a forum, denied that she ran the forum, not the fact she loved Armstrong

May 26, 2010
Visit site

yaco said:
CTQ said:
Benotti69 said:

Well some are clutching at straws if they accept at face value - I wouldn't use his name to support any argument.

No Froome has not a lot of credibility when it comes to clean sport and Mrs Froome doesn't have a straw! :)

May 26, 2010
Visit site

CTQ said:
Benotti69 said:
CTQ said:
Benotti69 said:

You like Froome, huh!

I never said it did. Mrs Froome denied being a fan of Mr Armstrong. She was caught. She has been caught lying in interviews with Kimmage too.

Digger wrote she ran a forum, denied that she ran the forum, not the fact she loved Armstrong

Mrs Froome claimed Chris had 10% body fat. Puhleeaaassseee, lets not take Mrs Froome's word as truth. Thanks. :)

Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
CTQ said:
Benotti69 said:

Well some are clutching at straws if they accept at face value - I wouldn't use his name to support any argument.

No Froome has not a lot of credibility when it comes to clean sport and Mrs Froome doesn't have a straw! :)

You continue to add these non-entities from twitter to support an argument ! The worst thing is reading the twitter replies which BEING KIND add nothing of substance.

yaco said:
Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
CTQ said:
Benotti69 said:

You continue to add these non-entities from twitter to support an argument ! The worst thing is reading the twitter replies which BEING KIND add nothing of substance.

11,000 followers including a lot of journalists whom are very happy to engage with Digger on various points and he was very very right about Brailsford, Wiggins and Sky. Unlike the BikeRadar forum which is a bit of laughing stock on Twitter :cool:

Sorry, yaco but on this one you don't have the stats to back up your assertions.