• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 988 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
miguelindurain111 said:
Naah Sky knew that bertie won't be able even podium in le Tour after his ban.
He would have certainly been in the podium of 2014 TDF without the crash and he would have had a very high chance of winning it (higher than Froome's imo if none of the 2 had crashed, not sure if he could have taken the 2:30 out of Nibali but I think he could've) so I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. He was flying all year in 2014.
Contador was doping both before and after his ban.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Forever The Best said:
miguelindurain111 said:
He would have certainly been in the podium of 2014 TDF without the crash and he would have had a very high chance of winning it (higher than Froome's imo if none of the 2 had crashed, not sure if he could have taken the 2:30 out of Nibali but I think he could've) so I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. He was flying all year in 2014.

Yeah yeah yeah bertie would have won everything if there weren't ifs :lol:

miguelindurain111 said:
Forever The Best said:
miguelindurain111 said:

Yeah yeah yeah Bertie would have won everything if there weren't ifs :lol:
Grand Tour 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
Pink jersey Giro d'Italia — — — — 1 — — 1 — — — 1 — —
Yellow jersey Tour de France — 31 — 1 — 1 1 5 — 4 DNF 5 DNF 9
golden jersey Vuelta a España — — — — 1 — — — 1 — 1 — 4 5

Yup.
Look at his amazing performances from 2012 at the Tour. Froome was so afraid of him. :D :lol:

miguelindurain111 said:
Forever The Best said:
miguelindurain111 said:

Yeah yeah yeah bertie would have won everything if there weren't ifs :lol:
2009 bertie would :lol:

Re: Re:

miguelindurain111 said:
LaFlorecita said:
This thread is about how dirty a cheat Chris Froome is, please don't bring Berto into it, stop derailing the thread thank you very much

Actually it was Blanco who brought bertie and the blood bags (an unfamous spanish pop band) into this thread.

viewtopic.php?p=2200230#p2200230
And you and your mates kept going on about it for several posts after that.

rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
This thread is about how dirty a cheat Chris Froome is, please don't bring Berto into it, stop derailing the thread thank you very much
that's guess work on your part, we know for a fact bertie is a dirty cheat and a liar

Seems you can't discuss Froome without bringing Bertie into it - in the Clinic or PRR. What Bertie was up to is not related to what Froome is up to, so why not take the Bertie stuff to the Contador is juiced thread where it belongs?

Electress said:
rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
that's guess work on your part, we know for a fact bertie is a dirty cheat and a liar

Seems you can't discuss Froome without bringing Bertie into it - in the Clinic or PRR. What Bertie was up to is not related to what Froome is up to, so why not take the Bertie stuff to the Contador is juiced thread where it belongs?
lol

rick james said:
Electress said:
rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:

lol
Oh ***. Contador has retired now, let your jealousy go.

ferryman said:
rick james said:
Electress said:
rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:

lol
Oh ****. Contador has retired now, let your jealousy go.

yip gifted his final stage by the Dawg and Poels. good riddance to the dirty cheat and unrepentant doper

I'd like to think that the cynicism on display in the clinic is a bit like dave stoller at the end of Breaking Away, as he cycles off with the french girl

The posters are off the wall at home and he knows everyone cheats....but he can't quite help himself for still loving it..........

Bonjour papa!

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Blanco said:
miguelindurain111 said:

No, they didn't know. They know now though... Back then, after Contador's Vuelta (and Purito's and Valverde's), they need to make sure the win is theirs. Hence the motors came...

Naah bertie was crap during the whole year 2013, his only victory was a stage in the Tour de San Luis in January. Moreover, Sky knew that bertie wouldn't be bold enough to use his pre-ban motors, so no need to use motors against him.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Posted this in the DW thread...

Comic gold from the one and only David Walsh... I can't wait for his world tour... "The World is Flat"

The case against Chris Froome is powerful in so many ways, all it lacks is evidence

He argues if people think Dan Martin is clean, why not Chris Froome!!!! And conveniently leaves out Froomes Vuelta win and his medal in the World's TT etc etc etc

If Dan Martin isn’t doping why question Froome?
http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/dan-martin-chris-froome-doping/

Re:

deeno1975 said:

Comic gold from the one and only David Walsh... I can't wait for his world tour... "The World is Flat"

The case against Chris Froome is powerful in so many ways, all it lacks is evidence

He argues if people think Dan Martin is clean, why not Chris Froome!!!! And conveniently leaves out Froomes Vuelta win and his medal in the World's TT etc etc etc

But he does mention the Vuelta and World TT's...specifically.

But other than that yeah i agree that article is complete tosh. I particularly like how simply and briefly he explains the whole period from 2007-2011 and the magical transformation.

Re:

deeno1975 said:

.....and at 22 one had won the route du sud and the other a stage at reggione...I wonder which one went onto dominate in stage races :)

brownbobby said:
deeno1975 said:

But he does mention the Vuelta and World TT's...specifically.

But other than that yeah i agree that article is complete tosh. I particularly like how simply and briefly he explains the whole period from 2007-2011 and the magical transformation.

yup...DW going off message....its was supposed to be the fat. Perhaps they have realised the dodgy fax (from the grassy knoll) and the 17% body fat didn't quite stand up to closer scrutiny.....

Poor Swart...out the loop

miguelindurain111 said:
Blanco said:
miguelindurain111 said:

No, they didn't know. They know now though... Back then, after Contador's Vuelta (and Purito's and Valverde's), they need to make sure the win is theirs. Hence the motors came...

Naah bertie was crap during the whole year 2013, his only victory was a stage in the Tour de San Luis in January. Moreover, Sky knew that bertie wouldn't be bold enough to use his pre-ban motors, so no need to use motors against him.
Contador was entrenched in second place at the Tour until he blew himself up on the Alpe d'Huez stage. He was Froome's closest challenger until he decided that only the win would do :confused:

TRENDING THREADS