• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 996 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

yaco said:
telencefalus said:
yaco said:
telencefalus said:
Coppi admitted doping he used it and said that's nothing wrong in using doping as well Anquetil , THESE are people YOU COULD BE A FAN OF , not froome

Long after their careers finished.
not at all Anquetil never hide his doping use while froome wants to make people look like stupid by winning 2 CONSECUTIVE GT CLEAN bread and water please , that's a lot of stupid people there , but i'm not if you want to believe you are free but i think that men have a brain and they have to use it

Show me proof that Anquetil publically admitted to doping during his career.
There's a LOT of proof, I'm sure you can use google. Anquetil freely admitted to doping, frequently. As did Coppi.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

samhocking said:
Tienus said:
Ask Anquetil what he had taken for a race and he would tell you, he said. He never hid the facts or looked away, as other riders did.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/remembering-jacques-anquetil/

Well doping was only illegal in his last 3 years with Bic, so hardly hid from any facts, because the facts couldn't get him into trouble anyway until 1967 onwards.

So, the problem with the sport is not Anquetil's (or others) attitude to doping, but that this culture and attitude to doping has not changed.

It changed in terms of omerta being required after 1967 to protect yourself both individually and collectively I guess. Clearly riders are no longer able to dope freely and openly like Anquetil and others could across any substance at any given moment. It's clearly more about staying ahead of the testers today and throttling anything else back to practices that don't get you banned for 2 - 4 years.

samhocking said:
Tienus said:
Ask Anquetil what he had taken for a race and he would tell you, he said. He never hid the facts or looked away, as other riders did.

Well doping was only illegal in his last 3 years with Bic, so hardly hid from any facts, because the facts couldn't get him into trouble anyway until 1967 onwards.

Again we come to the issue which this board has never addressed. The definition of doping. For me doping is when you take products that are on the banned list or if you have suspicious blood level values that started with haemocrit levels which then morphed into biological passports. Because an athlete takes 101 substances which are not on the BANNED list is not doping. As Sam pointed out there was no such thing as doping before the mid to late 60's in cycling.

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:
Tienus said:

So, the problem with the sport is not Anquetil's (or others) attitude to doping, but that this culture and attitude to doping has not changed.

The attitude will never change. It may be reined back but that is all.

Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Does anyone here think Froome is going to suffer an offseason "injury"?
Why would we think that?

If one were to think Froome's transformation has a lot to do with UCI/WADA leadershipship looking the other way, then things might be too risky for Froome in the future. So, rather than having to hang onto vehicles to get up HC climbs, he may just find a convenient excuse before the season begins.

Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Why would we think that?

If one were to think Froome's transformation has a lot to do with UCI/WADA leadershipship looking the other way, then things might be too risky for Froome in the future. So, rather than having to hang onto vehicles to get up HC climbs, he may just find a convenient excuse before the season begins.
Hopefully, I'm not still the only one not getting this. And I'm no Froome fan! But I am sort of wanting to know your thinking a bit more. Do expand a bit more buddy:)

ferryman said:
Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Why would we think that?

Hopefully, I'm not still the only one not getting this. And I'm no Froome fan! But I am sort of wanting to know your thinking a bit more. Do expand a bit more buddy:)

I assume the thinking is that without a sympathetic cookson in post there'll be more scrutiny on him.

simoni said:
ferryman said:
Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Why would we think that?

I assume the thinking is that without a sympathetic cookson in post there'll be more scrutiny on him.
god i hope so

simoni said:
ferryman said:
Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Why would we think that?

This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.

fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
Do you have any examples of this?

the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.

pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:

the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.
Surely both of those are merely him being ASO's puppet? ASO want MPCC guidelines enacted as rules, ASO want race radios banned. Seeing them as attacks specifically aimed at Sky seems ... well, like wishful thinking.

fmk_RoI said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:

Surely both of those are merely him being ASO's puppet? ASO want MPCC guidelines enacted as rules, ASO want race radios banned. Seeing them as attacks specifically aimed at Sky seems ... well, like wishful thinking.

this

pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:

He has also proposed a ban on corticosteroids. Relevant to Sky given their sham TUE history and abuse of corticosteroids out of competition.

Bronstein said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:

He has also proposed a ban on corticosteroids. Relevant to Sky given their sham TUE history and abuse of corticosteroids out of competition.

agree about the TUE, but corticos out of competition can be abused and are abused by many (see riders thinness)

TRENDING THREADS